All reviews brown trout other guests chilli claudio gusto waders wines lodge fishing patagonia
Reviewed January 25, 2016

If you are looking for a diverse fishing destination in Patagonia, go to Coyhaique. If you then seek a world class fishing lodge in Coyhaique, go to this lodge. If your non-fishing partner wants to join, no problem, go to this lodge as they have a number of "adventure" events to offer. The lodge is open and spacious. Rooms are the largest that I have observed at a fishing lodge. The staff are extremely attentive and the guides are experienced and very good. Gaston, the owner, has developed a fantastic team and operation. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dan Z
Reviewed January 21, 2016

We just returned from a stay at the Coyhaique River Lodge. It was our first visit to Chile and we could not have been more pleased with the entire experience. From our pick-up at the airport (Balmaceda) to our return back to the airport, Gaston and his wonderful guides and staff could not have been more accommodating, charming and genuinely carrying. We were here to fly fish. The area has an unlimited amount of quality water from spring creeks, small rivers, large rivers and lakes to fish. We never came close to covering it all in a week. The quality of the fishing is excellent.

The lodge is a beautiful facility with a stunning view from the main area and all the rooms, which were very large and had all the amenities you could want. The meals, prepared by their Peruvian chef, can only be describe with one word, "awesome".

One gentleman, Julio, is a jack of all trades, being there from morning until night, making sure we had everything we needed. This is one special man, and we can't wait to return next January for our second visit. We told the hosts for our trip, from Frontiers International Travel, to put us down for the trip next year, before we even left the lodge.

All things said, I can't find one thing that I could say that these folks need to do better. They have it down to a tee. Long way to go, but well worth the visit. I would describe the area as a combination of Colorado and Montana on steroids.

If you want a fly fishing experience you will never forget, call Frontiers International and go to Coyhaique River Lodge.

Room Tip: All rooms have the same magnificent view.
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled with friends
4  Thank SkipBarnette
Reviewed December 31, 2015 via mobile

From your rooms you've got an amazing view, huge bedrooms, very clean, very good food, very friendly hosts. Quite in a valley but in only 10 min. in the Center of town. They only take up to 16 guests which makes it very familiar. Worth the money. Didn't find anything negative!

Stayed: December 2015
Reviewed January 14, 2015

This was my first trip to patagonia. We booked thru Flywater travel http://www.flywatertravel.com/ who did a great job with the logistics. We were met by the owner Gaston at the airport in Balmaceda about 30 mins away. We traveled in early January which is not peak season. We had an amazing time at a immaculately clean, energy efficient lodge. The view from the back porch is spectacular. Dinners were made by a true professional chef, Julio took care of all our Meal needs and the adult beverages flowed freely. (full bar) The guides took the extra steps to even try to fix my waders that had a leak in them. We fished: rivers, wading, lakes, float trips, walking, lagunas. Whatever you wanted, they accomodated. I would highly recommend them. Matt was our guide and was fantastic. Poor guy had to row his arms off in a 40 mph gale wind to keep us on the fish. It's' a great fishing lodge, but i would guess spouses would enjoy it too. i wish i could go every year!! My only complaint is the wifi could be faster!! But drop the devices and get out and fish!!

Room Tip: all rooms have great views.
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed January 12, 2015

I have been to numerous fishing lodges, including 2 others in Chile. Nothing compared to Coyhaique River Lodge. The staff, the service, the guides, the fishing was all exceptional. Our primary guide Matt, is an outstanding professional who provides the perfect mix of needed information and assistance but without intrusion into the fishing experience. Alejandro deserves separate mention for his boundless enthusiasm and joy of fishing, plus his great voice and guitar play - a special bonus! I have never considered taking my wife on a fishing trip (she would not want to fish 6 straight days ...) but Coyhaique River Lodge not only would provide an outstanding fishing experience but has so many other available activities that would engage her for every day of the week. I will be bringing her here in the near future. Where else does catching such trophy trout take a back seat to the rest of the fishing experience? I found it at Coyhaique River Lodge ...

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled solo