Review Highlights
Relaxed but busy

We went here in summer and it was quite busy. But it is easy to find and easy to get in. And the... read more

Reviewed February 4, 2018
ArrianeNC
Whangarei, New Zealand
Good but simple

The water is hot and came straight from the Vulcan. The changing rooms is very rustic and cold... read more

Reviewed September 22, 2016
Alexandre M
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Really loved this place. It's quite a drive from Santiago and even around an hours drive from Chillàn through the woods but the ski resort at the very end of the road is so worth it and the views are beautiful. Fantastic slopes for beginners and for experts alike. Lots of ski lifts, ski pass and rentals aren't too expensive and it was great to be somewhere not too crowded in August. Don't expect much from the food in the area- there are lots of restaurants but not any good ones that we found. Make sure to visit the THERMAL SPRINGS right next to the slopes for a hot soak after a days skiing- just bliss! Make sure to bring your own towel and flip flops though if you do go the springs as the facilities there are very basic. Beautiful place.

3  Thank ELondonTraveller
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This was my first trip to South America to ski. The hill was totally beautiful and breathtaking at some areas overlooking the Andes, since I had never seen anything like it before. I must say we were not impressed with the runs and availability while we were there. Our first day of skiing only one lift was open that took you to the first stop up the hill. This was because it was snowing so heavily and windy so the other lifts to take you to the top of the mountain were closed. We were told it was because the lifts are quite old and can't take the wind. There is another lift that can take you even higher but that one was closed due to maintenance. I think about 8 runs were open that day, which was great because I hadn't skied in awhile and had a blast getting back into the swing of things on the smaller runs. The second day was our best day. The second day the second lift was finally open and we spent all day at the top of the hill trying all the new, longer runs. The views up there really left me speechless and I just had to keep stopping to take pictures. Unfortunately, the third day was windy again and the lifts were closed-except the small one to go on some short easy runs so we spent a few hours doing those runs again. The fourth day again we were told all the lifts were closed, so we decided not to rent skis again for those small runs. As we sat in the restaurant all day hanging out, we noticed the lifts were running and taking people up the hill-so we wasted a whole day of skiing. This was extremely disappointing as we had already experienced the top and knew what we were missing. Our lift passes were not discounted at all-so we were paying full prices for only being able to ski less than 25% of the mountain. We asked multiple times about discounts due to their old lifts and one being closed for maintenance and they would not. This was extremely frustrating and disappointing-since it was very expensive to begin with. We had a great vacation and enjoyed ourselves but we would not go back there to ski.

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank vballjess
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Termas de Chillan is a place full of trees and pines, the landscapes are breathtaking. It has two nearby volcanoes and you can see the smokes. I am not a pro skier so the snow and ski routes were ok for me and my family.

Date of experience: August 2013
4  Thank Cayetana
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nice area amidst mountains and forests. Hotel Nevado has an outdoor swimming pool with hotspring mineral waters. Gran Hotel Termas de Chillan is the best of the area. great spa and casino

Date of experience: November 2012
2  Thank KathleenCeciliaK
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was in Portillo last year, and it was way better than Chillan. Wind conditions mean that most lifts are closed most of the day, and the open ones are always full. Snow condition ok, but the facilities and lifts are much worse than Portillo.

Date of experience: July 2013