“The Carriage House puts the Mena in PhenoMenal!”
Review of Carriage House Inn

Carriage House Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mena
Carriage House Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Mena B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I have stayed here 4 times (thrice in the Cottage and once in the Suite) and was thoroughly impressed. The first two trips involved business, and I found it so relaxing that I came back two more times just to get away for a few days. This was the first B&B I had ever stayed in, and I must admit I didn't have a high opinion of them before this experience. I had heard horror stories of weird owners, cheap accomodations and strange odors. Instead, the owners (Scott and Ashleigh) were a wonderful young couple with three lovely little girls, the accomodations were excellent, and no strange smells (which impressed me even more when I found out they were pet friendly).
I strongly recommend this to those of you frequent travelers that are tired of the monotony of hotel stays, I promise you will not regret it.
And if you happen to be staying over on a Thursday night, make sure you head up to Spinelli's Italian Restaurant and enjoy the live entertainment.
If not you might be lucky enough to catch Scott playing his guitar and singing to his daughters on the back porch, while enjoying some of Ashleigh's fresh-baked cookies.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Daniel L
Ashley V, Owner at Carriage House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. Can we patent the "Mena in Phenomenal"? :) Hope you visit again soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

My husband and I come to this area frequently for the hiking. We usually stay at Talking Trees campground in OK, but found the Carriage House Inn online listed as a pet friendly B and B, so decided to try it. Ashley was out of town, so will have to meet her the next time we stay. Scott...gotta love this man! He even baked cookies for us! And, he was taking care of their three darling daughters while his wife had a girl's weekend! Not all husbands will do THAT! We brought both of our dogs and he played with them as we were walking to our suite. Our room was huge! The decor is tastefully done...not over done as some places are done. The bath has a claw foot tub with shower. They provide cookies on check-in, coffee, tea, snacks in your room. Our dogs loved playing in the huge fenced in backyard. I noticed a neat play area for kids back there, also. It is very quiet here (we are still here!) with off street parking in front of the carriage house itself. This is just a darling place and we can hardly wait to come back!

Room Tip: There is a suite with full bath and also the actual Carriage House, which looks more like a generous...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ViktoriaSacker

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I wish that I could have met you both and the dogs, I will look forward to your next visit. Scott also thanks you for the kind words said about him, it made his day.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

I highly recommend staying at the carriage house inn. It is very cute and quaint. You have your privacy and feel as though your in a cottage. My husband, dog, and I will stay there anytime we travel to Mena. Much better than anywhere else I have stayed. I hope you get to enjoy the place as well.

Room Tip: We stayed in the smaller cottage since there were 2 of us, but the bigger suite is great if you have...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kristi E
Reviewed January 6, 2012

What a wonderful weekend get away for R&R & rejuvination! My husband and I enjoyed couples massage, brought to our very own room, or I should say apartment, since it's over 1000 sq ft of living space! The Carriage House is detached from the main house for complete privacy, peace and quiet. There's private parking right at your front door for easy unloading, though you don't need much since there's TV, WII, a full kitchen, and even books to read. You can even enjoy the huge, fenced-in backyard with a playscape if travelling with kids or pets. We walked to the park, hiked in the mountains, and had such a fantastic stay! This B&B is chic and stylish and the young couple who own it, Scott and Ashley, are very charming and sweet. They even said they are offering private yoga retreat weekends with all-natural juicing and cleansing provided. We can't wait to come back for that!!

Room Tip: There are 3 separate structures on the property. The owners live in the huge house, then there'...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Suzanne P
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We stayed again recently and it was so perfect I had to comment again. I'm sure the other b &b's are very nice but this historic home is the prettiest place in town. Christmas in Mena is a special time and the Carriage house is walking distance to the lit-up Janssen Park with many renovated homes around it. The Carriage House is like a trip down memory lane---the kind of memories you wish you had and WANT to remember :) It's simply beautiful---an incredibly large accomadation and a great value for the price. The bed is like sleeping on a cloud. Ashley and Scott are wonderful innkeepers and their little daughters should be on the cover of a magazine. We were fortunate to be here for the Christmas parade and tour of historic homes---all decorated for Christmas. The Carriage House Inn had been featured in the tour of homes a couple of years ago and would have fit in nicely in this year's tour. I'm becoming a big fan of this little town and especially the olde area---that's where I'd want to be if I lived in Mena and the Carriage house is the heart of it.

Room Tip: If you don't want stairs ask for the suite---also very nice.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Gwendolyn919
Reviewed October 14, 2011

What a great place for us to stay--and take our dogs. The owners are very dog friendly with a huge back yard for the dogs to run and play in. We stayed in the Carriage House which is like a one-bedroom apartment with the bedroom being upstairs and the living room (complete with TV, sofa, etc.) and the kitchenette being downstairs (refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, hot plate, dishes, etc. etc.). If we come back to anywhere in the area, we'll definitely stay here. I highly recommend it. It's very clean and comfortable and the owner is wonderful.

Judy & Steve

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PlanoTraveler08
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This is a well furnished, but not crowded, accommodation. Beginning with nice, off-street parking, you will be pleased with what you experience. It is quiet, with a huge fenced yard and plenty of privacy if that's what you desire. Hospitality is unequalled anywhere. Ashley and Scott are very attentive to every need of their guests, and you will feel like royalty when you leave. .

Room Tip: In addition to the Carriage House Inn, there is a new large suite available.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family