“2 nights of peace and quiet” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Bear's Den B and B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mena
A Bear's Den B and B
Ranked #2 of 11 Mena B&B and Inns
Saginaw, Texas
“2 nights of peace and quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is a wonderful place to rest and relax. Edith is a delightful hostess and the breakfast each morning was delicious. We spent two nights. One night was not enough, we just had to have another. One day to explore the local antique shops and another to see the local fall foliage. You won't find any place that is quieter or more peaceful.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drf0123
bear_mena, Owner at A Bear's Den B and B, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
ABears Den certainly appreciates your review. It gives us great pleasure in helping you to have a good experience in Mena. We have had a great fall foliage season, and even as late as it is there are very pretty trees around the area.

Please make plans to come again, maybe in the spring when the azaleas are in bloom. Looking forward to your next visit.

Edith, Judy and Bit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is a beautiful house and grounds in a wooded acreage. The owners - Edith and Bit - (and the helpers) couldn't have been sweeter.... As our first B & B experience, we were very impressed. The personal touches were outstanding.....loved it! Will definitely be back for another get away!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bear_mena, Owner at A Bear's Den B and B, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We thank you for your wonderful review. We get so much pleasure in making our customers enjoy their stay. It is always fun having you back, so we look forward to your next visit.

The leaves are ready to pop this next week, so maybe next year, if you get to come you will have the fortune of seeing the beautiful colors that we get at this time of year. Of course everything is beautiful in its own way in the spring too! LOL

Edith, Judy and Bit
Carthage, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience and stay. Beautiful surroundings, pristine, great hostess and owner, Miss Edith Hebert. The outside grounds were gorgeous and so peaceful. I highly recommend this B&B. It's so much more, it's an experience to cherish! .

Room Tip: our room was great but will request the big bear room next time.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for a very thoughtful review. We certainly enjoyed your visit and will be glad to you to come back in the spring when the Azaleas are in full bloom. We are also looking forward to using our screened in patio even more in spring and summer when our little tiny visitors show up and they have to look at us through the screen! LOL

arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I've honestly lost count how many times I've stayed at A Bear's Den, but I'm positive that it is into the double digits. When I'm not staying there I'm often stopping by for a visit (and there are still snacks being handed out when I leave!) so it would be impossible for me to give an accurate "stay count".

My opinion hasn't changed since my last review. The cleanliness and loveliness of the place is still top notch. Such a wonderful place of laughter, stories, comfort, and delicious food (I think I had a new french toast recipe on my recent visit..it's a keeper).

With a pending visit in a couple of weeks I will have stayed in all 4 rooms of A Bear's Den. I would have assumed that I would have had a preference for a particular room, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I've enjoyed each of them equally. All are ridiculously clean (excellent housekeeping staff) and relaxing. I'm enjoying the new "chocolate by the bed" policy as well. So much so that I stole some from another room (if you are an upcoming guest in the Big Bear Room I will need to apologize! I'm sure this situation will be remedied since I did fess up while there).

I am really excited about the completion of the screened in patio that should be done when I return. The back of the property is so nice currently that having this option will just add a little more relaxation to an already relaxing place. I'm looking forward to using it.

A great place to consider staying if you travel through Mena. Maybe I'll see you there..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is wonderful to have a on going customer send in another great review!! We do appreciate your reviews. Especially, because it reinforces your desire to stay with ABears Den! However, it means a lot to us that we have met your desires for a great stay at our B&B.

Looking forward to your next stay with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We will be regulars-couldn't have asked for more -loved the people, place & food. Every turn was filled with beauty -every moment was a treasure! I didn't want to leave-one of those rare times you find a true pearl! Can't wait to come back :)

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bear_mena, Owner at A Bear's Den B and B, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
It was so interesting to have your group. I am glad you were able to ride over the mountain, and got to be in-between layers of clouds! LOL We sure look forward to your return visit and hope it will be in the near future.

We are continuing to improve the landscaping for the view from the porch and patio. I am sure you will be very pleasantly surprised with the additions!

Edith, Judy, and Bit
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband & I were vacationing in Mena to spend time with family there. This was our first time in a B & B, and we could not have asked for a better experience! Ms. Edith and Bit were wonderful hostesses, with fresh cookies baked for our arrival, and goodie bags packed for our day trips. We never felt the need to rush out each morning, but enjoyed the leisure of drinking coffee on the back patio and the breakfast each morning was absolutely phenomenal. The home is actually in town, but you would never know it once you arrived as it gives the feel of being away from the hustle and bustle. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bear_mena, Owner at A Bear's Den B and B, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
It is very rewarding to have someone stay at ABears Den for their first Bed & Breakfast experience! It is also our goal to make your stay memorable. Lol. The weather WAS really nice and coffee on the patio was very relaxing and peaceful.

We look forward to your return visit to Mena and enjoying more of the fun activities that are on going in this part of Arkansas.

Glad you made it home safely and back into the real world!

ABears Den
Cushing, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed for one night while on a motorcycle tour of the area - I wish we had needed to stay longer! This is undoubtedly one of the very best B&B experiences my husband and I have ever had, and we've had a lot of them. Edith welcomed us into her home like family, and truly that is how we felt during our visit. All the comforts of home, with lovely patios for relaxing and a terrific home cooked breakfast. Fresh cookies on arrival and flowers in the room .... she even packed us some cookies to go. We will definitely stay here again if we get back into this area; this is a real gem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bear_mena, Owner at A Bear's Den B and B, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for such a great review! ABears Den enjoyed your trip to Mena very much. It was fascinating to hear about your professions and travels to Europe. I look forward to seeing pictures of your trip.

It was so inspiring to see you enjoy your Harley Trike so much! Cleaning every speck of the hills around Mena off before you put Rich Mountain dust all back on going home! Made a great picture! Lol. Love to see you come back, just give us a call or text and we will put it on the calendar.

Edith and Bit