“Highly recommend A Bear's Den!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mena
A Bear's Den B and B
Ranked #2 of 10 Mena B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed with Edith and Bit when picking up his daughter from camp. We had a wonderful stay. The property is fabulous and Edith is such a wonderful hostess. We got in a little later than planned. She had homemade cookies waiting for us and cold milk to go with it:) The breakfast was amazing and she was sure to pack us with a snack and coffee for the road. We will definitely stay every year on our way to Camp Ozark.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ashley B
bear_mena, Owner at A Bear's Den B and B, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

We were glad to see you made itt to ABears Den. YES, we will look forward to your yearly trips through Mena! I am glad you were comfortable and got a good nights rest. It really is a quiet and peaceful haven in the middle of Southwest Arkansas! To-go coffee and a road treat is a signature for us. We love seeing you leave rested and with a smile

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I may be bias considering I've never stayed at a bed and breakfast but hey, I'm a twenty year old college student. Who has the dough for that? I was lucky enough to have my parents fund a short adventure for me throughout the state of Arkansas. Abears den in Mena Arkansas was one of my first stops. First thing I noticed walking in was of course the kind face of the woman working this bed and breakfast, Edith Hebert. She reminds me of my own grandma so of course I loved her immediately. I stayed in the "Teddy Bear" room, it was adorable! And super clean and cozy! And the breakfast was to die for. I crave it all the time now, it was a sort of oatmeal bake. Mmmm. I would recommend this place to anyone! Awesome experience all around.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Lewisra1
bear_mena, Owner at A Bear's Den B and B, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Thank you for your review! It is always so nice to hear from our guests. We haven't had a lot of college students. However, we have had some, and it is so interesting to hear your prospective on life! It is easy for us (adults) to go back in time with just a little encouragement! LOL And that is really fun to do.

Please feel free to visit ABears Den again, and we look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The moment you turn into the drive to the house you know it is a "home run." The grounds and home are beautiful. Edith is the best hostess ever--her breakfasts are awesome!!!!

You immediately will feel at home and comfortable. There is nothing lacking at this
wonderful retreat.

Linda Alexander
Brownsboro, Texas

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda7781
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Linda, thanks so much for your encouragement with your review! I am glad the weather was not too hot and that the back covered patio could be used and was enjoyed. I hope there will be another event in Mena that brings you this way again.

It is so fun to send guests to Spinelli's and have them enjoy themselves there either for lunch or diner! It truly is a great place and I can highly recommend it with all honesty and confidence that it is "the" great addition to Mena.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

From my first conversation with Edith, I just knew I was making the right decision to stay at A Bear's Den. Coming into the drive and up through the beautiful trees and azalea bushes, landscaped lawns and running creek, it was just awesome. Edith's home is beautiful. It has old world charm, beautiful antiques and a warm, loving atmosphere. Edith is absolutely delightful. It was like visiting a long time friend. I felt right at home. And, I fell in love with Bit (Edith's dog) of course. She is precious. My stay was just too short. Hopefully I will be staying there again in the future. It just doesn't get much better than this. What a lovely place to spend a weekend. Thanks, Edith!!

Room Tip: There is not a bad room so any room picked will be perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank LindaSPage
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thanks for your wonderful review! Staying two nights did give us a lot more time to get our stories shared. Learning we have a lot of common interest to relate to in conversation.

I was so interested in hearing about your scrap-booking and stamping. I hope to get you back to do a workshop for ladies i know! I am always amazed with people's talents!

Glad you liked the food and that you enjoyed your room! And I intend to get a couple of the movies you recommended for my library for the B&B. LOL See you again!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

From the moment we drove down the shady, tree lined drive, we knew we would enjoy our stay. Edith and Bit greeted us on the beautiful front porch where adirondack rockers beckoned us to have a seat. The yard and porch were beautifully landscaped with flowers and plants. Edith is such a wonderful hostess and her home is a tranquil and comfortable haven. I told her it was just like home - only better. Far and away the best B & B that we have ever visited and we have been to many across the US. The decor was elegant, yet cozy and very pleasingly not Victorian themed. Don't miss a chance to relax on the back patio and chat with Edith. The breakfast was delicious! Thanks Edith - we will visit again! You gave us a reason to come to Mena.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were beautiful! We slept in the Big Bear but you can't go wrong with any of th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Such a nice review! I am always so pleased to hear how much someone enjoys their stay! It is such a fun thing to have a place that is enjoyed by so many. Mena really is a great small town, with a lot of scenery and relaxing atmosphere about it. We do have some stores that have a lot of charm and surprisingly something for everyone's desires!

Bit and I would love to have you come again and enjoy our patio and the patio at Spinelli's with their live music. I am gathering new breakfast menus and will be ready to try them for you! LOL Edith & Bit

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We just got back from a trip to Branson, Missouri and stayed in Mena at this delightful bed and breakfast on the way. We pulled up to A Bear's Den and couldn't get over the beauty of this place. The home was nestled in the midst of beautiful landscaping. It had a wrap around porch with wonderful swings and chairs to enjoy the beauty of the surroundings. Edith had fresh cookies and water in our rooms. The rooms were beautiful! She has such an amazing gift of hospitality and decorating. The two room we had each had private baths. We slept great and woke up to a wonderful breakfast before we continued our trip. Edith could not have been more accommodating, and we will definitely be back. Don't miss the opportunity to stay here!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thanks for your wonderful review! I am glad you had a great trip to Branson and hope the weather held for you. You were going to see several shows! Sounded like a busy schedule. So it was good for you to have gotten a great nights sleep and a tasty and filling breakfast before your attack Branson! LOL And I hope your sightseeing on the way to Branson turned out to be very interesting.

Bit & I enjoyed having you stay at ABears Den. The rain we have had has perked up the grounds and flowers that are blooming, so we still have a yard to mow! It does make for a very pleasant entry to the Bed & Breakfast. I try to sit on the front porch daily to enjoy the view with a cup of coffee of course!

Please come again, anytime. Just give us a call!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

What a perfect choice for our one-night getaway! We drove from Dallas to Oklahoma and through the Talemina Scenic Drive which ends in Mena, AR. Edith at A Bear's Den was the more than perfect hostess for our overnight stay. Beds are the most comfortable I've slept in. So soft. Her home is beautiful and has a family spirit that makes you feel right at home. She has thought of every detail and goes out of her way to make you feel right at home. Edith truly treated us like family. From her welcoming talks to soaking in the hot tub before we turned in to her delectable breakfast and conversation. We couldn't have found a nicer host and more perfect sanctuary. You won't regret your stay. Who knows if we'll ever pass through Mena again. But, I'm so glad we decided to stay at A Bear's Den!

Room Tip: I'm sure every room is equally comfortable. They all looked perfect. Ours was the Teddy Bear. It...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CamGorden
bear_mena, Owner at A Bear's Den B and B, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

It is wonderful to hear the words "good night's rest" . Most think they are going to get up at the crack of dawn, but it seldom happens here! LOL Non-the-less the coffee is made at the crack of dawn if they even think they might want it at that hour. I think knowing it is going to be there hot and waiting helps them sleep!

The weather is still holding beautiful and patio seating and eating at Spinelli's has gotten great reviews from everyone too!

Please come again, it would be fun to see our ABear "family" again. LOL