“thanksgiving trip”

Janssen Park Place B&B
Ranked #1 of 10 Mena B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 24, 2012

What a beautiful home! I highly recommend Janssen Park Place to everyone that is looking for a top rate B & B. It was immaculate and the owners, John and Lynn are wonderful. You just can't go wrong staying here. Beautiful location just across from the park and very easy to get to. The bed was the most wonderful part... so comfortable. I too decided to stay here because of all the reviews it got..... everyone was right... it is just fabulous. Stay here. You will never regret it!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
johnvacca, Owner at Janssen Park Place B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Vicky,

Thank you for the kind comments in your review. We loved having you here during your Thanksgiving trip. I'm so happy that Jay found the right style of bed for his hip injury. I sent additional information to your email address so hopefully he won't have to come to Mena every time he wants 8 hours uninterrupted sleep. On the other hand we would love to have you come back. Have a great Christmas.

Regards,
Jolynn

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have a large customer in Mena that I visit quite often and always stay here. The accommodations are outstanding. Large comfortable rooms with great beds and the food in the morning is top-notch. John and Jolynn are extremely friendly and accommodating and they always greet me with big smiles and a cold beer in the evenings after work.

I am thinking of coming over with my wife for a mini vacation as it is a neat little town with several nice restaurants and shops in a beautiful setting in the Ozarks.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
johnvacca, Owner at Janssen Park Place B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thomas,
Since we are familiar with your travel schedule we are especially grateful that you took the time to write a review for us. When you book the trip with your wife we will do our best to spoil her so much that this will become her favorite getaway.
Thanks,
John and Jolynn

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Due to Queen Wilhelmina Lodge being renovated my husband and I decided to try this B&B because of the excellent reviews we saw on tripadvisor. We were not disappointed and have shared this location with all our friends. The house, rooms, location, Jolynn & John, and hospitality were beyond our expectations. My husband and I trailered (plenty of room to park)our HD down and this was a perfect centrally located location for our day trip rides on the Talimena National Scenic Byway, Hot Springs, and Mount Magazine State Park. Heads up if you enjoy a night cap or two because town is dry and I mean dirt dry, not even beer or wine. We celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary here but plan on returning next time with group of friends. We so enjoyed starting our day with breakfast that is better than any restaurant you'll ever find.

Thank Sharon Heitmeye... H
JVacca, Owner at Janssen Park Place B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Sharon,
Thanks for the great review. We absolutely enjoyed trying to spoil you on your anniversary trip. I'm sure your friends are delighted with the Harley boots. We'll look forward to meeting the rest of the gang on your next visit. Thank you, John and Jolynn

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were recently on a motorcycle trip to see fall colors. Our first night out was Mena, and the Janssen Park Place B&B was definitely the best. The accommodations were extremely comfortable and nice, the food was superb, but the best part were definitely the hosts. Jo & John were extremely accommodating. I can't say enough great things about this place. If you are planning to stay in the area, Janssen is hands down the best spot.

Room Tip: The cottage out back has a full kitchen if you are staying a while. Very comfortable and private.

Dear Motorcycle Tourist,
Thank you for writing a review for us. Fall in the Ouachitas is always fabulous and we are glad you kicked off your trip at Janssen Park Place. We try to make sure that every guest understands how much we enjoy having them stay with us. Other than that it's all about the great bed and wonderful breakfast. Thanks, John an Jo

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Staying at the Janssen Park Place B&B is like staying with family or your best friend. I did the scenic drive from Talihina, OK to Mena, AR. I went with the reviews on Trip Advisor and I was not disappointed. As a matter of fact it was even better than other reviewers said. Jolynn and John went out of their way to make my stay special! From moment I arrived I felt so at home. The wonderful recommendations around town, the special touch of a quilt left on the chair for me on beautiful porch, the breakfast that was unbelievable, and the beautiful room overlooking the park; everything was perfect. I posted a picture of John's Dutch Babies that I had for breakfast, wow! It was accompanied by fresh fruit and yogurt and Jolynn's famous juice that no one can resist. I just retired from teaching and seeing the fall foliage was on my bucket list. Little did I know, that staying at this B & B with two fabulous new friends would surpass the beautiful colors of the leaves.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
johnvacca, Owner at Janssen Park Place B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Barb,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We felt very priviledged that you decided to come stay with us when your traveling companion had canceled. Most folks would have opted to change the date. As it turned out you got to see our beautiful mountains in their wonderfal fall wardrobe. Every season has something spectular to offer - even the snowy days. We just toss another blanket on the front porch. We are also delighted that you liked the Dutch Babies. Come see us again soon for a different breakfast. Warm Regards, John and Jolynn

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife had a surprise birthday trip lined up for me to Mena, AR at a B&B that we had never seen. What a great place. The accommodations were wonderful and our hosts were the best. They made us feel at home and the breakfasts (3) were delicious. We stayed in the cottage which was great with its own kitchen. Thanks John and Jolyn for a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
johnvacca, Owner at Janssen Park Place B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Terry,
We are so pleased that you decided to spend your birthday with us. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We love it when folks spend enough time in Mena to sample all the things to do...but you guys must have broken some records with hiking, ATVs, massages, shopping, visiting the wine country, and of course seeing the wonderful fall colors. Come back and see us when you rest up from your last visit.

Thanks again,
Jolynn and John

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

If you are coming to Mena, this needs to be your destination. Great rooms and the best hosts anywhere. They really will do anything to welcome you and accommodate you. This is our second stay and there will be more. We loved our room in the main house but the cottage is really nice and worth the extra. Biker friendly for sure!!

• Stayed: October 2012
johnvacca, Owner at Janssen Park Place B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Paul,
WOW! That is the fastest review we have ever had. Most folks actually wait until they leave the place. We are so happy that you like the cottage and we really appreciate you taking the time to write a Trip advisor review. Thanks again for staying with us. We will try to ensure that every visit is better than the last.
John and Jolynn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mena
Ozark Inn
#2 of 3 in Waldron
No photo provided
Waldron Inn
#3 of 3 in Waldron

Been to Janssen Park Place B&B? Share your experiences!