“Nice Facility but Not Quite What We Thought”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mena
Mena Mountain Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Mena
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed for two days as part of our Arkansas vacation, and the room was very roomy and comfortable (had #12 in the back corner of the top floor). Many nice amenities, including the pool and hot tub (although the latter was a little dated and didn't hold a very high temperature). There are couple things that you should know, however - 1) The name suggested to me that the institution is located in a more secluded area, but the property is on one of the major highways in Mena - this is more our fault, but a more secluded location would have been desirable; 2) The provided breakfast is continental at best, so don't presume from anything you might see online that a full/hot breakfast is part of the package; 3) The price, in our opinion, is a little high for what is provided - for that price a nicer breakfast would be welcome. These items aside, the resort is a very nice place to stay in Mena.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Nkuchemprof

Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I, along with another couple rode our motorcycles down to Mena Mountain Resort this weekend. We wanted a special weekend for our friends who were celebrating their 50th. We were not disappointed. The facilities has just enough of vintage feel to make it extra special, but yet gave you the amenities you expect in upscale lodging.
The owners were very accommodating, and gave us personal attention. The rooms are specious, clean and cheery, with a classy touch. I feel in love with this place, just being there makes you want to have fun, be fun, find fun. Love, Love this place!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Daffany H
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My husband, family, friends and I checked in on Wednesday March 26th and stayed until March 30th. We had a large group of 15 or so. Lou and his wife were more than accommodating to us. Breakfast each morning was more than we could have asked for and Lou even went out of his way to pick up our dinner we ordered one night. He always sat and ate and talked with us. Made us feel like family. The rooms were very clean as well as the resort. We had so much fun each night in the game room out back listening to the juke box and playing pool and shuffle board. The pictures on their website are very true to just how nice this place is. We will be returning to Mena Mountain Resort soon and look forward to seeing Lou and his wife again. Best wishes, Sara Jenkins :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sara J
Reviewed April 1, 2014

A big shout out to Lou and the gang at Mena Mountian Resort. The hospitality you showed our huge family was the absolute best I've ever been shown. The resort was awesome and very very nice rooms. We look forward to seeing you this Summer !!! Vernon "Doonie" White

Room Tip: Just stay there, all rooms are awesome.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Doonie W
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Just wondering how a couple who stayed in November got a full cooked breakfast???
When we stayed over Valentines in February 2014, we were told breakfast was not available. OH...and I was asked, in a very nonchalant attitude from the owner...OH..DID I NOT TELL YOU WHEN WE SPOKE SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE WE ARRIVED?" NO....YOU DIDNT. She just ran our CC and when I asked about a discount I was told, oh yeah, I gave you a corporate rate. Well sorry, for $25 off and having to drive into town for a hot breakfast, does not make up for a room still costing $125 a night. And don't waste money going out in the cold to Skyline Cafe. Food was burnt!

Room Tip: Room 14 very hard bed, bathroom door hits toilet very time you opened.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shirley S
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husand and I were just passing through and decided to stay one night in Mena and do the Talimena drive (even though it's winter and the trees are bare). This place was great! The woman who runs the property was very friendly. The pool was obviously closed but there was a great pool area and a nice patio overlooking it which is where we spent our afternoon. After dinner we spent the evening playing pool in the common area which is stocked with leather couches, TVs, microwaves, etc. Our room was huge and had french doors leading out to the patio. It was cozy and quirky like a B&B but it's big enough to hold lots of people. This would be a fantastic place for a family reunion. We are trying to convince our family to book a few days there next summer. Can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and I traveled with another couple who are some of our best friends. I had researched the area on the internet for the best place to stay while we took in the changing of the leaves. I wanted everything to be just right. Mena Mountain Resort was more than just right. Denni welcomed us and made us feel right at home from the beginning. The rooms were large and well furnished. Not only was Denni a great hostess, she is also a great cook. The breakfast we enjoyed each morning was prepared to our order. Lou gave us a thorough tour of all the facilities and shared plans for future enlargement. We were certainly impressed. In summary, everything was just right as I had hoped. We felt we had made some new friends in Denni and Lou and look forward to our next trip to Mena Mountain Resort.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 12 and our friends stayed in room 14. We plan to ask for the same rooms again in...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends