“Nice Little Motel”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Mena
Bulverde, Texas
“Nice Little Motel”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Last minute reservation for an unexpected trip from Texas to Mena for a funeral. Checked online and saw this place had some good reviews so I booked the room. When I saw the place I thought oh no, but never judge a book by its cover! The couple who run the place are very nice! There was a storm due in and I have a convertible with a ragtop and was concerned since the weather forecast was saying it was going to have thunderstorms and hail. No covered parking available so I asked in the office if I could park my car in front of the office and they said no problem! We got the key and went to our room and I was very pleased with what we saw. New carpet and paint, very clean room and they also have microwave and small fridge plus an ironing board and iron too! The big test was the mattress on the bed...VERY comfy for this lady! I slept very well on it and woke up feeling good. If you are looking for a place to stay that is clean and reasonably priced I recommend the Ozark Inn. Oh, they also provide danishes, muffins, fresh fruit, cereal and fresh coffee in the lobby in the mornings for a light breakfast. No pets allowed so if you are traveling with your fur-babies you will need to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: We had a non smoking room since I have asthma and it was very clean smelling
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Sharon D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Edmond
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Updated, well-maintained and clean with frig and microwave. Plenty of ice back in the office area. Since the inn is perpendicular to the highway (71) that runs in front of it, traffic noise might be a problem based on room selection. Did not seem to be a problem for my room (108) during the night. Shower good. Only complaint was the remote for TV did not seem to work. Did not need it, so not a problem.

Room Tip: Rooms further away from highway or on the north side might be preferable if you thing road noise mig...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed here Mar 22 while touring the Ouachita mountains on my Harley and read a blog on another website that recommended this hotel if in Mena. I found the recommendation to be accurate. The staff that checked me in were very friendly and the owner, Andy, who I met when I checked out the next morning is also very friendly and family oriented.

While not a fancy or high end place, that's not what I was expecting. The Ozark Inn is clean, the air control was good (I only used some heat since the outside temp was in the low 40's), there was a semi-basic cable tv package with a few movie channels and wireless internet. I didn't find the internet to be as good as described in the ride report I'd read on another website, Andy claimed that they do have problems with the internet signal when windy, rainy, weather is in the area which is what the conditions were when I passed thru town.

Be forewarned, Mena, Ar., is located in a dry county but there are two places in town where one can get a beer. I was told Spinelli's, an Italian Restaurant, and also The Branding Iron which is where I went for dinner and a few beers. (Branding Iron was the closest to the motel and due to the rain, it's as far as I wanted to ride).

As far as the Ozark Inn goes, I would recommend it if you're looking for a clean, convenient location to spend a night or two and not break the bank in the process ! The only reason why I rated it one notch lower than highest is because the internet signal was mostly unusable the night I stayed there but Andy (the owner) was aware of the problem and claimed he has done everything he can do, it's the isp that's dropping the ball.

I'll make one other comment and this is about Mena in general. Everyone I came into contact with in that little town was very friendly and helpful. When I'm out wandering the country on my Harley, I tend to talk to a lot of people and this trip was no different. I'm looking forward to riding the Talimena Highway again and I'll more than likely spend the night again at the Ozark Inn. Can't beat it for the money, it's a great value.....

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank aabikr
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here en route to IA from TX. We were a little skeptical, but were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The lobby is clean and modern, and the clerk was very polite.

The room we stayed in was remodeled recently. I can only assume the rest of the rooms are the same. Ours was clean with a hardish bed. We had a small fridge and microwave.

The breakfast consisted of Fruit Loops, Raisen Bran, some prepackaged muffins and rolls, and orange drink.

It is an outside entrance, but the area is safe although not scenic. We arrived after dark and awoke to neighboring businesses with stacks of pallets and various equipment.

There is a great steakhouse 1.5 miles away in Mena....The Branding Iron.

Bottom line is it's a clean room in a safe location, but it's a motel in Mena Arkansas, so you need to temper your expectations.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Belford, New Jersey
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights . I can't complain. The owners are very nice people . Kept the room clean . Have fridge and microwave which was good because I have a baby . I requested a late check out and they didn't charged me. I will stay again for our next visit to Mena !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Mena, Arkansas
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Younger couple owns the place. They are very friendly and courteous. The room i held for 4 nights was well cleaned and everything worked. Older structure, classic Motel room. Comfortable, strong WiFi signal, even at the far end where I stayed.
Highly recommend !!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 21, 2013

As mentioned in other reviews, this place is biker-friendly. Park your bike right outside your door. My room was clean, and met expectations. Best deal in town, from what I could find.
Warning: Mapquest and Google Maps both insist that this address is on the East side of Mena, but it's not. It's on the West side of Mena, just west of Fairgrounds Rd / County Rd 43. (Tell Google your destination is "US-59 S and Fairgrounds Rd, Mena, AR" and it will put you real close. For Mapquest try "US-59 S and County Rd 43, Mena, AR" .) Look for a sign that shouts MOTEL.
Heading back towards town there are lots of choices for eating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mena
Janssen Park Place B&B
#2 of 3 in Waldron
No photo provided
Waldron Inn
#3 of 3 in Waldron

Been to Ozark Inn? Share your experiences!