“Nice Surprise”
Review of Ozark Inn

Ozark Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Mena
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here en route to IA from TX. We were a little skeptical, but were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The lobby is clean and modern, and the clerk was very polite.

The room we stayed in was remodeled recently. I can only assume the rest of the rooms are the same. Ours was clean with a hardish bed. We had a small fridge and microwave.

The breakfast consisted of Fruit Loops, Raisen Bran, some prepackaged muffins and rolls, and orange drink.

It is an outside entrance, but the area is safe although not scenic. We arrived after dark and awoke to neighboring businesses with stacks of pallets and various equipment.

There is a great steakhouse 1.5 miles away in Mena....The Branding Iron.

Bottom line is it's a clean room in a safe location, but it's a motel in Mena Arkansas, so you need to temper your expectations.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Ozark Inn

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights . I can't complain. The owners are very nice people . Kept the room clean . Have fridge and microwave which was good because I have a baby . I requested a late check out and they didn't charged me. I will stay again for our next visit to Mena !

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Younger couple owns the place. They are very friendly and courteous. The room i held for 4 nights was well cleaned and everything worked. Older structure, classic Motel room. Comfortable, strong WiFi signal, even at the far end where I stayed.
Highly recommend !!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2013

As mentioned in other reviews, this place is biker-friendly. Park your bike right outside your door. My room was clean, and met expectations. Best deal in town, from what I could find.
Warning: Mapquest and Google Maps both insist that this address is on the East side of Mena, but it's not. It's on the West side of Mena, just west of Fairgrounds Rd / County Rd 43. (Tell Google your destination is "US-59 S and Fairgrounds Rd, Mena, AR" and it will put you real close. For Mapquest try "US-59 S and County Rd 43, Mena, AR" .) Look for a sign that shouts MOTEL.
Heading back towards town there are lots of choices for eating.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This motel is what I expected, but only because I read the reviews here on TripAdvisor.com. I would not have chosen this place based on other factors, and I would have been wrong and ended up spending twice as much money!

One-night stay November 2nd, 2013. I expected to arrive late, so I called early afternoon to make sure they would hold my room until 7:00pm - no problem.
Very clean rooms, very friendly staff.
I had a room with a single king bed.
Included: small fridge, microwave, 30"(?) TV , Coffeemaker, alarm-clock,
High Speed Internet, but you have to ask for the password. It was nowhere to be found in the room.

I would definitely reserve this place again.

Room Tip: Request rooms numbers higher than 117 for less highway noise. Odd numbered rooms are on the east si...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at this motel July 20th & was impressed that the motel was so clean & inexpensive. It was cheaper than listed on the internet. I was excited that the little frig in the room actually had a freezer and it worked! The bathroom drain did not hold water. It's not a fancy place and is older, but it has had a little remodeling and the managers are super accomodating. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mary E
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Found this place on our second night out coming home from Taos NM on the Harley! Could NOT have been more pleased!!! Great bed, nice clean bathroom and very nice people! Definitely recommend for an overnighter!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank DSRunyan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mena
Janssen Park Place B&B
#1 of 3 in Waldron
Coachmans Inn
Coachmans Inn
#2 of 3 in Waldron

Been to Ozark Inn? Share your experiences!