“Oberoi lombok, second to none”
Review of The Oberoi, Lombok

The Oberoi, Lombok
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tanjung
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Felt bless we've chosen Oberoi lombok as a place to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary on 4th sept; the hotel setting was fantastic. we had a very very great moment there, best I ever experienced. From the moment wed arrived until the unfortunate day we should left. our ocean view pool villa was just stunning, large, very comfortable and full of privacy. We enjoyed private pool in villa very much and also the pretty infinity pool during sunset time.
Staff extended their excellent service and treated us like a king. They arranged special flowers in our villa and we also found a surprise wedding anniversary cake. Superb beach service; thanks much for the fresh young coconut guys. Tasty tea times; thanks also to lovely young girls who patiently teach me made traditional cake..though cant be perfect as yours ;-)

Breakfast food and its location was a great poin to start lovely day. We also managed to experience once private dinner by the beach, once in the restaurant and the last nite in our villa Pavillion. Staffs made it perfectly memorable, we were spoilt... Two tumbs up for all!

Everyday is a wonderful day.. Nothing more I could ask. Oberoi lombok you are second to none! Magic!! Will definitely come back to this hidden paradise
Ps. Coral plantation in front of hotel's beach is highly recommended; not to be missed!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank raiku k
TheOberoi_Lombok, General Manager at The Oberoi, Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Lombok for the second time.

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post a review of our hotel and sharing the Oberoi experience.

While you have experienced our service on your previous visit, we are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay that all services and facilities offered by The Oberoi, Lombok were again to your entire satisfaction.

Your detail reviews and comments motivates us to continue to deliver a high level of service and encouraging for my team members to continue exceeding our guest’s expectations with genuinely hospitality.

We are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests. The appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

In the meanwhile, the team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your return visit to Lombok.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

this is my second stay at The Oberoi Lombok and really convinced me that nothing can fault from this resort. i remember when my last stay was unforgettable one and i think this time its could be hard enough for them to make me impress for the second time. nevertheless i have got wrong on this, due to the fact that from the moment i arrived until my last day it just so perfect. i stayed in their pool villa with ocean view for 3 nights as i have to celebrate my wedding anniversary. The room was well appointed and immaculate with the awesome private pool at the outside. breakfast was fantastic and they have arranged my perfect candle light dinner on the beach. i think the most valuable asset for this resort are the staff and the management. they put every attention to detail. they had very high standard of services. no doubt if they are 5 stars resort. i will be never enough to recommend this resort to all my friends and associates. i will be return for sure. thank you for all the excellent staff and management to make our stay memorable one.

Room Tip: pool villa ocean view is the best option for intimate stay
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eddie W

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Lombok for the second time.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

A friend told me that oberoi Lombok is the place I would want to go if I go to Lombok, so I thought that I would give it a go from my next trip after Bali. I must say that I was Impressed. The environment was mystical, the food was great, and the friendliness of all of the staff was beyond words. I was surprised that they knew my name, and particularly amused that they could pronounce my last name correctly! I'm not an easy person to impress, but this hotel is far beyond my expectation. When I return to Lombok, I will defiantly know where to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Pandu S

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Oberoi, Lombok.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and for your great feedbacks.

The team joins me in thanking you for your patronage and support and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lombok and to The Oberoi in the near future.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Having read the great reviews for this hotel and enjoyed an absolutely outstanding stay at the Oberoi Mauritius, we had great expectations for the holiday, which sadly fell short.

Plus points - the hotel grounds are immaculate, the rooms large and very comfortable and one of the most efficient maid services we have ever experienced. The setting is also very peaceful, except light sleepers may be woken by the call to prayer any time from 4.30am onwards.

On the down side, the beach is nothing special, while swimming is almost impossible given the shallow water, rocks and coral. The pool area is very small, with only enough room for eight sun beds (the hotel photos do not reveal that most of the water is ornamental and about six inches deep). Guests can however enjoy sunbeds facing the sea, located on the grassy grounds of the hotel.

While there were some extremely good staff, there were also others whose training and language skills simply didn't meet the standards we would expect having paid for a top-rate five star hotel. The food is good, without being exceptional in any way, while prices offered poor vale for money (in fairness, Oberoi establishments are never cheap). There also seemed to be some inflexibility over what you could order and when - 'it's too early to order this' or 'you can't have that tonight because the kitchen is closed'.

Contrast this with the excellent experience we had at the Lombok Lodge, located next door and only a five minute walk away. We often ate here, enjoying a truly wonderful evening gourmet meal to celebrate Indonesian Independence Day. The food and drink is infinitely better value for money (a beer will set you back $4US, compared to $6 at the Oberoi). Interestingly, many of the Lodge's friendly and professional staff formerly worked at our hotel. They told us that at high season the Oberoi has to take on several temporary workers to cope with guest numbers, which explains a lot.

Don't get us wrong, many people obviously love the Oberoi - and it has a lot of plus points. But we set the bar high and are judging it against top of the range hotels we have stayed around the world (including other hotels in the same chain). Given that it is two flights (fifteen hours) away from the UK, followed by a two-hour car journey, would we go again? Unlikely. There are better places to go for your money.

2  Thank Alasdair F
TheOberoi_Lombok, General Manager at The Oberoi, Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Oberoi, Lombok on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

I was sorry to read that your recent stay at The Oberoi, Lombok did not live up to your expectations. Please let me know on your next stay if this is possible. We update guests’ profiles with their preferences and any information that can contribute towards making future stays even more enjoyable and tailoring the experience to the individual’s needs.

As another way of ensuring all our guests’ preferences are anticipated, we offer our guest preference form as part of our reservations process. This gives the option of requesting anything you think might help enhance your experience, from a larger room, over favorite drinks and breakfast preferences, to pillow preferences that are used to retiring in the night.

I was also concerned to learn that you found some of the staff lacking in knowledge. We do receive so many positive comments on our staff and service that it is disappointing to hear that we have let ourselves down on this occasion.

May I please assure you that I have shared your feedback not only at the Head of Department level, but also with the team members so that we can all collectively learn from this.

I am very sorry that your experience was not as positive as that of others on this site but thank you for sharing this with us and highlighting areas where improvement may be found.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Oberoi in Lombok is a pretty hotel with pretty rooms in a lovely location. However I was disappointed in the beach, which one does not sit on because all of the loungers are on the grass and you overlook the beach. I think the hotel could be much better because the basics are all there. The rooms are very nice, large and nicely arranged but the management were clearly missing.

They had a beach barbecue with live music one night or you could choose to eat in the restaurant. We did not want the beach barbeque so had very slow service - not the staffs fault as there were not enough of them and we left iwth a terrible headache as we had two sets of music going on - local music for the restaurant and a live band for the barbeque. They were very near each other and my husband and I could not wait to leave as we had a headache and could not hear each other from the TWO sets of music which were both so loud that you could not hear one but both. Horrible. We complained to the staff and they said they would 'tell' the manager. Many other issues with management too long ot explain but felt the full time staff were stuggling with NO direction from a manager. I think they need someone professional to be present and to run this hotel. Could be fixed so easily - just some attention to detail and someone in charge. We never saw a manager ONCE in our three days!!!!

Room Tip: As far as possible from the local mosque as the noise was quite disruptive to sleep
3  Thank EPMNyc

Dear Guest,

The reason we put the loungers on the grass is to enable our guests to enjoy the sun much longer, without disturbing by moving the loungers every 3 hours due to high tide when the water reaches our beach.

Please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused during dinner when we had two themes dinner. I have no excuses to offer but certainly believe that we have failed to provide you the service expected of us and not been able to fulfill the promised experience on this occasion.

The management team and I shall ensure that you have a memorable stay with us.

I look forward to the pleasure of meeting you personally during your next stay with us.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is definitely one to visit. It is so private and peaceful with a beautiful pool. The only downside was that I had higher expectations on the food however all in all it was still good. Go stay at this hotel if you want total relaxation with a private beach and excellent service and attention to detail.

1  Thank Harriet M
TheOberoi_Lombok, General Manager at The Oberoi, Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Lombok.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

4 nights in an ocean view pool villa. very spacious, beautiful bathroom ,plus generous pool, and choice of 3 outside sitting areas, so shade always available.Room serviced twice a day to a high standard.Extremely comfortable large bed.The food was good, but not amazing, we always felt the "special" menus were being pushed.Good choices at breakfast.
Would be nice if there were more chairs or benches placed further along the property ,some lovely breezy raised quieter areas with great ocean views , but nowhere to sit and enjoy them. The beach is not great for swimming, a lot of grass ,and shallow a long way out. Gardens are very well maintained.
We enjoyed our stay here, the staff were attentive and helpful, though communication was occasionally a problem. Not perhaps up to the Oberoi standard we have experienced in India, but overall a very nice resort. And probably the best option in Lombok.

Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Lombok.
Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted that you are praising our spacious ocean pool villa and our genuinely attentive and helpful staff.
Your kind words of appreciation for the service team will go a long way in encouraging them to achieve higher standards of service excellence.

Hence being experienced few other Oberoi resorts in India we regret that that our product and service has not lived up to your expectation in some areas, particularly of the communication/ soft skill of our staff and the food quality, in which we have taken your details feedback for further follow to improve our standard. However through constructive feedback of this nature we are able to isolate the finer details of our guest expectation in order to focus on constantly striving to deliver a flawless experience to our guests.

In addition, we appreciated your concern on our beach condition and inputs on the additional long chairs/benches which we are currently discussing on the possibility to them follow up for better experience.

Lastly, on behalf of the entire team, we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back Lombok to restore your faith to our resort and its team and create more positive experience on your next visit.

Rudy Baihaqi

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung
The Lombok Lodge
Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi
Novotel Lombok
Novotel Lombok
#1 of 12 in Kuta

Been to The Oberoi, Lombok? Share your experiences!