Travelodge Batam
Sky View Hotel(Batu Ampar)
$15
$13
Priceline
  • Restaurant
$29
$34
$30
Priceline
Harbour Bay Amir(Batu Ampar)
Woda Villa & Spa(Batu Ampar)
  • Breakfast included
Kanaka Lake Villa(Batu Ampar)
TripAdvisor
Godes Hotel Batam(Batu Ampar)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsharbour bayswimming poolferry terminalbbq buffet dinnerking bedcomfortable staynagoya mallchecking inupon checkshort getawaytaxisingaporebathtubsaunaspreadsofatransport
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed for 3 days and 2 nights. The check-in was fast and front desk was efficient. The room, bed linens, towels were clean. Room was spacious enough for a family of 2 adults and 1 child. Aircon, cable TV, hot and cold shower were working well. Our view from the room was residential area so most of the time our curtains were closed. Breakfast buffet was okay. Free Shuttle going Nagoya mall at designated times. The hotel is complete with gym, sauna, jacuzzi, indoor swimming pool, spa, coffee shop, Japanese restaurant and a main restaurant called The Square.

Needs to improve on service and renovate parts of the hotel:

1. There were no bathrobes in the room so we requested first night and none arrived until we call again the housekeeping in the morning. We were advised that they limit use of bathrobes and we were only given 1 and it was immediately taken away during make-up room, although they were generous in replenishing coffee/sugar/water and other stuff in toilet.

2. Our room was located at the back side of the hotel in 4th floor and it was quite a long walk from the elevator to our room. The hallways were dimly lit, so quiet and it was eerie to walk alone. At least corners of the hallways should have ample lighting and background music continues to play in tolerable hotel standards otherwise the hotel could get creepy and you will scare away clients. By the way, our TV suddenly turned on in the middle of our sleep and there was no sleep/timer mode in the remote control.

3. Seafood Dinner Buffet at The Square was nice. But we noticed that the fish plate we asked for grilling never returned to our table. Another couple complained of the same thing. Also, entrees were not replenished. Once they are out of crayfish, no more.

4. The sauna, jacuzzi and swimming pool showed signs of old age and no longer appealing to use. If only these facilities are renovated then it would have been a better stay. Also, towels provided for pool use were torn out and bit yellowish already.

5. Hotel is a short distance to the ferry terminal and they should have offered free pick-up and return for guests esp during low season instead of hired taxis.

Room Tip: There's not much view to choose from anyway so choose lower rooms and near elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2nites in this pass september and its my first time staying here.
Towel were part torn. Its not white which its suppose to be.
Even the bed sheet were yellowish brown instead of white.
But its a huge hotel next to nagoya area. Near to ferry crossing to singapore.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Hotel is basically fine and quiet. Service is good. Staff is vey pleasant. Price is reasonable. And they have excellent breakfast and a good Japanese restaurant. But there is not much around in walking distance

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked 8 rooms through Agoda, specifying that we prefer Non-smoking rooms since We will be traveling with 4 toddlers.

Most of my friends got there by 2pm & they have released 7 rooms to them. I & some of my other friends got there an hour late.
Upon arriving at the hotel, the front desk (lady) told me that one of the rooms will be released late (around 4pm) as some of the guest check out late. I told her that the common practice for check- in in all hotels is 2pm & we actually arrived 3pm already. After few minutes of discussion she gave me the key card & told me there is now a free room available.

Upon opening the door in my room (I didn't even step inside), I already smelled the scent of the cigarette. I was furious that i have to go back to the lobby & spoke to the front desk again. I told Him (its a guy this time) that I asked for a non-smoking room. Then he told me there is no room available. I told him we specifically request for it. He told me it upon availability even if we request of it. Then, he offered if he can just put some aroma in the room. I was very pissed with what he said, as if it will make a huge difference. I told him it will not help since the cigarette scent has been absorb by the curtains & carpets. After much discussion he agreed to give us 2 non smoking rooms.

Since my friends with kids got there ahead of us, They didn't know that we (me & another friend) were able to changed our rooms. When one of our friend heard that I was able to change room, he also asked for it as he had a 1 yr old kid with him. It was around (8:30pm) when he spoke to the front desk & Again, same excuses was given to him (no rooms available). My friend asked my help to talk to them & again. I looked for the manager & told her its not our problem if the are full for we have made a specific request. Then again, after few minutes of pissing us off she told us.... there is now a free room. So my friend asked her...."I thought theres no room? how come after much discussion you now have a room available." she told us someone just checked out. (imagine someone just check out 8;30pm? who are you fooling?!!)

They are very inconsistent. Imagine if they can lie with this minor issues how much more on much bigger stuff. I would rather be in a not so well known hotel with honest people, than with this.

Btw. We also have a buffet dinner at the hotel for Rp165,000.00/person. Since some of us arrived half an hour late with the rest..... there is literally no food left on the tray. I even talk to the manager if they will refill the food.

Service is extremely bad, I will never EVER come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank siens s
Reviewed September 19, 2013

this is my first visit to Novotel Batam. I would like to thank Novotel Batam team for the great hospitality especially duty manager Mr Andre who have made my 3rd anniversary a memorable ones. the room setup was beyond my expectation which made my wife doesn't want to leave the room on our first night. this is something special to share.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple