Travelodge Batam
Sky View Hotel(Batu Ampar)
  • Restaurant
Harbour Bay Amir(Batu Ampar)
$19
$18
$17
Godes Hotel Batam(Batu Ampar)
$18
Agoda.com
Kanaka Lake Villa(Batu Ampar)(Great Value!)
$17
$16
Agoda.com
Woda Villa & Spa(Batu Ampar)
$49
  • Breakfast included
$31
$28
$35
$21
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsharbour bayswimming poolferry terminalbbq buffet dinnerking bedcomfortable staynagoya mallchecking inupon checkshort getawaytaxisingaporebathtubsaunaspreadsofatransport
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was stayed single night at Novotel Batam and it was very good with standard Accor. And i like to stay again if i have chance travel in Batam Island. The Location Also Not Bad, And It Has shuttle Bus to Nagoya Hills Shopping Mall Which Is The Busiest Mall In Town.

The first Impression when I went In to The Lobby, The Security Didn't Assist Me To Open The door, And The Outside Has Scanning Door Also Nobody Stand By. So I Have To carry my own Luggage to Enter till Front office say i Wanna Check In. And Also a Bit Disappointed is the room didn't ready yet. And i need To Wait Till Ready Also The Other guest Almost A Hour At the lobby. I Was Asked Do You have Any shuttle Bus To go In The Town? So I Only Drop Off my luggage At The lobby And Their Would Be Assist when The room Get Ready. They Said Yes We Have Shuttle Bus But With Certain Schedule. Front Office Was Asked me to take Taxi And use My own pocket Money And I Couldn't Check In The Hotel Causes They Haven't Ready yet the room. But i Like They Way They Work, after 2 Minutes, I Get A room Very Nicely room And I Happy.

This is React Fast To the guest And do Priority guest. I Lovely to stay at Novotel BATAM. I Will See you Again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Staff, out of 10 only 2 really treat us as a guest.
Remaining 8 really really needs to learn how to smile and greet their guest. Customer service here really needs to improve.
Restaurant girls Indirectly chasing us out after our finished meals and laugh at us while we hardly count the currency on our hand.
Novotel Batam really needs to improve their CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Room
- nothing special, just normal, clean rooms.

Location
- not near the malls, so have to take a cab. Get the staff to get for you, else may get ripped off.

- breakfast was international buffet style. Not bad.
- they also provide bbq seafood buffet by the pool at around 30+SGD. Quite a good deal, just that we feel it is better to explore the local foods at the mall 10min drive away!

Pool
- the indoor pool sounded like a great idea for those who wants to swim regardless of rain or shine
- however, one side of the pool faces the cafeteria (where throngs of people have breakfast), another faces the main road, and yet another faces the stairs to the lobby. It feels weird being watched while you swim, especially if you are a lady and it is a Muslim state, where ladies should not be indecently dressed (but how not to when you are in a pool?).

Taxi
- in most countries where the denomination of the money is humongous, usually you just close an eye when they don't have change for some cents. But we grab a taxi for a 10min ride to the nearby mall, and the taxi driver didn't have change and decided not to give us the change of around 2sgd. We had to go to a shop in the mall on our own to get change. Next time, make sure you have smaller notes with you!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I never stay in here before, but i just want to sharing my experience before. That time i was thinking to stay on this hotel, but the telephone operator is not really have friendly voice and she pass to the receptionist or reservation.
i asking about hotel information, and that girl really dont know about their hotel. After that when i ask ask again suddenly she talk in Indonesia "....................." that i not really understand but i hear her voice is like angry, then she hang my phone.
OMG, i feel like is it their service to inform the guest, and i decide never try this hotel !!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Everything is so cheap and the staff are so friendly it compensates for some of the short falls. My wife and I both enjoyed our stay at the Novotel (3 nights). If shopping is your thing then Batam is for you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple