“Full review from Tripadvisor Senior contributor”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Maumelle
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Maumelle
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I booked this room based on the reviews and all seemed that it would be great. The room was laid out nicely, the pool was adequate and the staff friendly. We woke up in the morning to discover that the room was infested with silverfish. Not one: many. They were on the ceilings and on the walls. I reported it to the management and they expressed regret but in the end that was about it. We were not there for multiple nights or I am sure that they would have moved us. Bad ending to what could have been a decent stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank michaelf50
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Maumelle, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear michaelf50,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay. We appreciate the compliments on our hotel staff and pool. It was regrettable to see the room accommodations was not what you were expecting from our hotels. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us with periodic evaluations of the hotel. We have documented this review we will continue to strive for an unparalleled guest experience each time you stay.

Thank you again for the candid feedback. We look forward to the next opportunity to provide you with a better accommodation.

Zelyn N

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

When I checked in to this hotel on a weeknight I asked the guy at the front desk to put me away from other people because I had a 2 month old who obviously would cry for a couple minutes when hungry and a 4 year old and I didn't want to bother anyone. Without changing my room they basically put me in the middle of the hotel. We went from our room to the pool and then back up to our room after a couple hours. I had to feed my baby at 645 and he cried for a couple minutes until I started feeding him. I got a call at 7pm saying that the guy below us had complained. I thought this was very rude since we weren't even being loud. I told the clerk to just go ahead and change my room to somewhere away from this guy since my baby was obviously going to cry every now and then and I didn't want to disturb him. The clerk acted like I was putting him out saying they really didnt like to change people's rooms because housekeeping wasn't there...I reminded him that I had told them to put me by myself because I had a baby and he said that he would go ahead and change my room...like he was doing me a favor. I was trying to pack up my stuff and there was a knock at the door and it was the guy from the front desk telling me basically to hurry because the guy below was mad...at what i am
Unsure because my 4 year old was watching cartoons and i was feeding the baby and it was 7:15 pm. As soon as I closed the door the guy below started banging on the ceiling...we again were just packing our stuff not being loud at all. We were moved to another room and in this room the floors were soaking wet...it was so gross and there was a huge red stain on the carpet. I told the guy at the front desk and he said yeah they cleaned the carpet...I guess he meant for us just to deal with a soaking wet floor. Anyway I just had a bad experience and I couldn't help it that I had a baby traveling with me but this hotel itself isn't very accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Maumelle, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Parkswoman,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I am truly sorry for the problems you experienced during your stay and for any inconvenience this has caused you. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into.

Connie D

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was a lovely hotel for a quick one night stay. Hotel was pet friendly. Everything from the grounds to the room was clean. Kids enjoyed the pool. Staff was friendly especially after a long day of driving.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I chose this hotel for our 50th Family Reunion and everyone LOVED this hotel and the staff was absolutely wonderful! The rooms were very nice and everyone said the beds were very comfy. The breakfast was great as well. VERY CLEAN HOTEL! We had family that flew and/or drove in from various parts of the country so this family travels! They know a great hotel and this one is! Clorissa - the Director of Sales was so professional and even called to make sure everyone enjoyed their stay. Aaron, Amanda and Tracy at the front desk were so nice to our family and very accomodating. All of the family kept saying how nice the front desk people were! The elevator went out on the 4th of July and they did everything in their power to make sure everyone was taken care of. The hotel made sure it was fixed the next morning! I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel and staff. It has a great location right off the freeway as well.

Room Tip: Wonderful rooms and very clean! Very quiet hotel since its not right next to the freeway!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was a stop over stay on our way to Nashville. In reality~ I wish I could have transported this hotel to Nashville! This hotel is newly built and very well maintained. Lisa checked us in and was full of southern charm! Rooms are large and spacious and beds are super comfy! AC is wall thermostat controlled and is quiet. Bathroom is of good size and super clean. So when you stay here, be sure and go across the street and try Joe's Razorback Pizza. Shirley was our waitress and the place is really neat! We did not eat breakfast at the hotel so I am unable to comment but I am sure it was great too!! You just have to stay here!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I stay in a lot of Holiday Inn Expresses. This one is new and clean, just not a lot around it. I would stay here again! Airport location in Little Rock was sketchy and others gave this one a good review. I concur!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I just spent one night with my family and have to say that Hotel is nice, relatively new, good location and easy to spot from Highway. The gym is O.K. and nice indoor pool.
The double queen bed rooms are bigger than many upscale hotels and in general the hotel is quiet. People in the frontdesk are very nice. It could be a better hotel if were kept cleaner and more assorted breakfast ( just enough to call it continental breakfast).

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Maumelle, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear HBTulsa,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. I’m glad you found the hotel to your liking and I will pass on your comments about the staff being friendly and helpful to them all, it’s always nice to hear we are getting it right.

Again, I wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maumelle
Hampton Inn Maumelle
#3 of 4 in Maumelle
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#4 of 4 in Maumelle

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Maumelle? Share your experiences!