Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
6,928 results
All reviews seaside restaurant martini bar punta cana sports bar bali beds swim up suite pool concierge amazing butler beautiful resort dominican night family section needed anything rose petals one bedroom suite personal butler adult section alfredo
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had high hopes for Majestic Mirage, having enjoyed a stay at Majestic Elegance several years ago, but it just didn't live up to our expectations.

First the positives - the suites were nicely appointed, the bed was comfortable, and housekeeping service was good. Our pool attendant German took great care of us at the pool, providing the best service we got all week, and our butler Yenny made sure we were cared for and arranged for a celebration for our anniversary on short notice (despite the fact that I had indicated we were celebrating on our booking, that information wasn't passed along).

Beyond that, service was lackluster, especially in the buffet restaurants. Drink orders (water, coffee, iced tea) were often ignored, sometimes wrong, and on the rare occasion when it was right we never got a refill. As an early morning riser I was happy to see the fancy coffee machines located throughout the resort, but they were usually out of service for one reason or another. One morning I put over 3,000 steps on my fitness tracker looking for a cup of coffee. Yes, I could have made a cup myself in my room, but on vacation I like to have that done for me. When I did manage to find coffee it wasn't very good, and often lukewarm. I was surprised to find out that the coffee shop restaurant didn't open until 9am, at most resorts those outlets are open 24/7.

The only 24/7 restaurant was the Sports bar, but they didn't have coffee. We tried to watch our home team's bowl game there, but the ESPN feed wasn't carrying it. It was just as well, the bar had a distinct unpleasant odor and I don't think I could have stayed there for long anyway.

On New Years Eve we had to make a reservation at one of the restaurants even though there was a set menu being served at all restaurants that night. Thankfully they had a vegetarian menu for it, consisting of Starter, Appetizer, Entree, and Dessert but there was a lot of confusion about it. For the Starter course they served me the Appetizer, then they tried to serve me another serving of the same dish and I had to argue that I'd already had it so they finally relented and brought me the Starter. When they served my husband's Entree they brought me a second serving of the Starter.

We usually prefer Adults Only resorts and this trip reminded me why. I don't mind having families and children around, but when we arrived at the Italian restaurant for our anniversary dinner I was surprised to find a large family group dining while their children played with toys all over the middle of the floor. It might have been nice to have at least one adults-only restaurant for special occasion dining.

All in all it wasn't terrible, I mean it was still a week in paradise, but we definitely won't be returning to Majestic.

Room tip: Swim out suites are very convenient
Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Seville32
Quality-Majestic, General Manager at Majestic Mirage Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Seville32,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our resort and that you appreciated our grounds. We are so glad to know that our staff, specially German and your butler Yenny provided an excellent service.

We believe that the only way to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive for is by listening carefully to the criticism, comments and suggestions of our guests. All your comments will be carefully analyzed to take the appropriate corrective actions in each case and we appreciate this opportunity you have given us to improve, especially in the areas of restaurants service. Your comments are incredibly valuable to us, as they help us in our continued effort to exceed guests’ expectations and experiences. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments as it is mainly through guest comments that we become aware of improvements that can be made and this constantly drives us to excellence.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just spent the week at majestic mirage for our honeymoon and it was the best vacation we have taken. The staff all went above and beyond to make sure our stay was great. The food at the French restaurant and the Japanese restaurant was fantastic!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Megsafd21,

First of all congratulations on your recent wedding. We are truly honored that you chose us for your honeymoon celebration.

We are so happy to hear that your expectations were exceeded from the moment you stepped foot at the resort up until your departure. We are delighted to receive your kind compliments for the team who makes every effort to ensure that the Guests feel like Royalty during their time at our resort.

Thank you for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home-away-from-home here in paradise.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Me and my boyfriend made a last minute weekend getaway trip. We decided to go Mirage instead other 2 majestic resorts. Mirage is where you want to have real vacation. Great services, attentive outstanding service, clean room, delicious food, the resort just way too beautiful than others. We booked roof top Jacuzzi, so romantic during the sunny day or a quiet evening.

1  Thank Colleen W

Dear Colleen W,

First of all, please allow me to thank you personally for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

Exceeding our guest’s expectations and offering truly memorable experiences is what we strive for and we are proud to learn that we have achieved our goal for you. We are thrilled to lean that our team made you feel like royalty providing their personalized service and their attention to details.

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words and thoughts about your vacation. We would be honored to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first time going to Punta Cana, and we couldn't be much happier with our experience at Majestic Mirage. Franklin was our "bulter" and always made sure we were happy and had everything we needed. He always had a smile on his face, made sure we were comfortable, and was always able responsive. His attention to his guests and details is incredible. I highly recommend him to anyone traveling to this resort. He made our stay very special and went beyond what we would have ever expected. He also made sure we were a couple of doors down from our friends who were traveling with us. Our stay wouldn't have been the same if it wasn't for Franklin.

Dear cehrenberg,

We are so happy to hear that your expectations were exceeded from the moment you stepped foot at the resort up until your departure. Our wonderful staff is always looking forward to offer services and attentions crafted to each of our guests needs. We all want you to feel as in paradise, receiving from our team a true royalty treatment. It is such an honor to hear from you that we have accomplished our purpose during your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another memorable vacation we trust you will cherish forever.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent Hotel, very clean and the staff was great.
We Had our personal butler Samuel he made sure everything was perfect from room service, restaurant reservations, he was there for anything that we need it.
Returning Soon..

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Jmcastillo13,

Thank you for sharing this glowing review of your recent holiday experience at Majestic Mirage.

Your comments encourage us to keep giving the best of us, since it is proof that we are achieving our main goal which is to make the best of all our guests vacations. It thrills us to read that your stay was an unforgettable experience and that you received a very friendly and attentive service from our team, especially from your butler Samuel.