14,388 results
All reviews preferred club carnival buffet bluewater grill entertainment team preferred pool big daddy antonio banderas preferred status preferred area moments bar spice restaurant chef manuel preferred room punta cana tropical view bruno mars scooby doo
Reviewed July 24, 2017

We stayed at the NOW Larimar July 15-22 2017, this was our very first family trip to the Domincan Republic. The Larimar exceeded our expectations in terms of service, service, service. A great tip: for the best in service tip well to those who attend you on a regular basis, and ALWAYS BE RESPECTFUL of them, you will be rewarded. They enjoyed exchanging stories about t life in the Dominican Republic, what it's like to work in the country, etc. You can learn quite a bit about the culture from them. We paid for the Preferred Club, money well spent. I am a CPA, the price was worth the cost. You have access to different restaurants, private bars stocked with Premium Drinks and American beer as well as hors d'oeuvre's not found in the non-preferred areas. You also have a separate pool area where we found it easy to find lounge chairs and a palapa without having to get up extremely early. Yes the pool seating would fill up by mid-day, but the staff was always willing to bring chairs from the beach area. As for the beach, we never had an issue finding a shady palapa and chairs. Rent a Cabana, well worth it, not only the iced down silver bucket full of waters, beers, soft drinks, and champagne, but with the extra personalized service and if you opt for full service the staff will bring out food. Our head staff guy, Abraham brought out our favorite chef, Wascar Reyes, from one of the restaurants to take personalized orders. Wascar prepared some wonderfully seasoned and tender steaks with sautéed onions, grilled mahi mahi, a wonderfully presented shrimp and grouper ceviche, and tostones (grilled plantains). Again we tipped the entire staff, including the Chef (at our option they never asked) the service was 5 star +. Management, please value your staff that is your biggest asset!! I have been a CFO, Controller, and now provide financial services for a very high wealth family, so I know the value of staff. One thing we learned as we asked the staff what restaurants they recommended, all said they didn't know because they had never eaten at any of them (mainly talking about the fancier ones), choose some of your staff and let them sample the food, not everyone goes to the Concierge. A big thank you to Abraham, Luis D, Luis R, Santos, Andy F., Tankina (Trainee), Alberto, & Ronny. Also Modesto, Greisy, Victor, especially Manuel at the restaurants. Also Daniel our Bellhop for his tips. Barefoot Grill a gem. Downs: Some food bland, some drinks watered.

Room tip: Older resort, rooms could use upgrading, especially the lighting, very poor lighting in the bathroom and overall in the room. Otherwise our room was quiet and had a great tropical view and the pool next door. Beach had tons of seaweed, not Larimar's fault, but we saw Macao beach and it was clean.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank robandmac
Reviewed July 24, 2017

It was a great vacation. The beach is beautiful and the pool tool. The workers are very welcoming and treat us well. I enioy the food, very delicious. The service was awsome too. The servjce at the restaurant was great and the shows were very entertaining, will
Definately recommend this resort to anyone, great time.
Special Wilkin, Juan F and Manuel Chef are very welcoming people.

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful walk in you get greeted by the best staff in Punta cana. they will take care of everything you need. Whatever you can think of they got you there filled with energy and the whole hotel atmosphere is fun. They have a great selection of food that is perfection from mexican to french no matter what choice you make youll enjoy the food quick fast service and youll never wait on anything.
the resort is clean well kept rooms and the view we had was great overseeing the pool. the pool and beach are clean fun and are always full of energy. never go thirsty and youll never be bored many activities that you can do and the best entertainers who are fun and will keep the party going no matter what are Big Papi and Happy boy they know how to keep the fun going!!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Hotel Manager D, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Dear Christopher R,

We appreciate you took the time to describe your experience in our hotel and remark the attentions from our team, as well as their interest to take care of all your need in order that you have a pleasant stay. I'm sure your comment will help travelers to figure out the pleasant stay they might have while visiting our property.

Our doors are open to recieve you again.

Gianluca Pezzolla

Reviewed July 23, 2017

We recently went for a vacation with a large group of family and friends and upgraded to the preferred club membership package. The preferred club was definitely worth the upgrade, including better rooms, two exclusive pools and bars, secluded spots on the beach, and a personal "butler" who assisted us throughout our stay with any issues. Our person was Miguel, who was AWESOME and even made us dinner reservations at The Spice restaurant for hibachi. We also rented a cabana in the beach, which included Santos and Louis as our WONDERFUL servers. Daniel who worked at the pool, Cappuccino at the towel stand, Abraham, and Penel were very accommodating to us throughout our stay! Emily at the preferred poool was the best bartender we could have asked for and brought a lot of fun!

Every employee at this resort was very accommodating to all of our needs and very friendly!!! The maid service was very clean and on time every day- and even included turn down service for preferred members!

The only complaint overall is the service at the restaurants are hit or miss. The Italian restaurant at Now Garden and Spice seemed to have the best service. On top of that, half of our group ended up getting sick half way through the week.

Room tip: Preferred rooms are better
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank nikkisartori

Dear nikkisartori,

Receive our gratitude and extend it to all your group for choosing our hotel for your holidays. It is highly satisfactory to realize that we achieved to provide all of you with an "excelente" stay, besides that you experimented the Preferred Club benefits and are completely satisfied with it.

We will transmit your words to the team. We also like to invite you to visit us again for future vacations.

Gianluca Pezzolla

Reviewed July 23, 2017

I enjoyed my vacation very much, specially the entertainment crew were amazing, very friendly, funny great dancers, specially skinny boy, big papi, all the crew were amazing. The shows were very nice.
My room was first floor facing the swimming pool, room service was good, maid came 2 times, during the day for cleaning, and when I come back from the show, I see petals of roses on my bed, with a bottle of cold water, a glass on my night table, I used to tip 2 dolls a day one for the night and one for the day. At the end of my stay I paid a bit more, because they were nice.
The beach, first day was full of sea weeds, gradually became less every day, they tried to clean some of the weeds by trucks.
The pool was nice. You have to wake up early to put towel on the chairs to be reserved for you.
The buffet, I did not like everything, but you have many choices, you can always find things you like, I loved their fruits, the caffe leche.
I don't drink except a glass of wine with food, so I can,t give you my opinion, but the bar was always full of people drinking.
My children we having breakfast in the room, they told me they got them more stuff than they can eat.
i was not happy about the sea weeds, but the entertainment crew and the shows, exercise, the games made me feel happy. Thanks

Room tip: Near the beach, I like first floor, facing the pool.

Dear Sonia K,

We appreciate you chose our hotel for your holidays, and in addition take your valuable time to describe in details your experience. It is pretty significant for us to read how you highlight our entertainment shows, dining options, and attentions.

Related to the seaweed, let us mentions it is a seasonal situation, but we manage to keep the beach clean.

We hope this experience inspire you to return.

Gianlucca Pezzolla