“brilliant experience but very short”

Ocean Adventures Stingray Bay Caribbean Festival
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: STINGRAY BAY CARIBBEAN FESTIVAL is a Once in a Lifetime Experience, proudly presented by Ocean Adventure Punta Cana:Admire the most amazing scenery of the coastline while sailing on our large double floor catamaran. Sail toward "Stingray Bay" and get an adrenaline shot by swimming with our nurse sharks at our private and exclusive floating aquarium. Also get up close with our stingrays, with the safest interaction program in the world. While you pet them you will learn interesting facts about these fascinating animals.Snorkel on the natural reef of Bavaro Punta Cana, where a vast variety of beautiful and colorful fish will give you the impression of swimming in an aquarium.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“brilliant experience but very short”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

was an excursion threw the hotel fantastic experience but was really short as they book big groups. did not have much time snorkelling and to enjoy the sharks.
we paid £50 pp for the trip. from morning to about 1600hrs of which 2hrs is for travelling there and back.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dissapointed with the Guide”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

As many have said previously, its a "pack 'em in" volume type business. I took a camera that I left running on the side of the pontoon for the interaction part but was told I couldnt have it on for the "security of the stinray" - which is a load of rubbish when its on the pontoon and not in the water. I got a bit fed up with the incessant photo/video person - he was a bit rude when I asked him not to take any more photos - I had no plan on buying them at all.

Then we had the snorkelling... the guide here was not helpful at all. He swam off ahead leaving my wife and myself behind - given the volume of people in the water, I had no idea where he had gone and never saw any sharks whilst in the water. My wife had a problem with teh snorkel mask and they didnt seem to want to do anything about it which was dissapointing - so we spent nearly all of the snorkelling time waiting for everyone else to get back on the boat. Obviously, the 2nd snorkelling session my wife couldnt do either. Although not a total loss, the dancers were good on the boat and up close to a stinray was nice. The info was poor though - very basic and I couldnt hear the presenter - the microphone had failed.

“Unique amazing experience”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I recently attended this excursion in Punta Cana with a friend for the ability to swim with sharks and interact with sting rays. However, it was so much more! The dancing was a major highlight just to add to getting a back massage from a sting ray, swimming with sharks, and snorkeling and feeding the fish. A must do in Punta Cana!

New York City, New York
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Sea Adventure!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The boat itself is very nice. The entertainers/dancers are great, and the staff is very friendly! The bar doesn't open until after snorkeling (for good reasons) but beverages are available the whole time. They also serve sandwiches at the end. You have to leave your stuff on the boat when you go into the water (unless you have underwater cameras) The sailing time isn't long, and you go along the coast. The music is great!

Swimming with the sharks was a little disappointing - we did see a few, and they are big, but they swim away quickly and you do NOT get to go up close to them. There are pictures of people in advertisements holding the sharks - this does NOT happen, it is just swimming in an enclosed area above a few sharks, which you have to swim around for awhile to find.

The stingrays were pretty cool, and very big. They tell you a little bit about them, and then you get to touch them and take a picture (which you can buy at the end).

You then go snorkeling in the open water, which is nice but felt really quick. There are a lot of people on the boat, so the water felt pretty crowded, but it was still nice. I was with my family, including my mom who cannot swim. The lifeguards were great and took people who can't swim around the water with floats, getting things like starfish from the sea floor and bringing it up for people to see.

Overall this was a good excursion, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to get a bit closer to sea life!

Visited August 2013
“An experience that leaves you wishing that you could do it again!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My friend and I were so happy we chose to do this! Hands down best time while here in beautiful punta cana (and we say this having had so many other amazing experiences here). The staff were fantastic and engaging! Sting ray back massage, swimming w sharks, dancing merengue, snorkeling = best ever!