“A lot of fun!”

Ocean Adventures Stingray Bay Caribbean Festival
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: STINGRAY BAY CARIBBEAN FESTIVAL is a Once in a Lifetime Experience, proudly presented by Ocean Adventure Punta Cana:Admire the most amazing scenery of the coastline while sailing on our large double floor catamaran. Sail toward "Stingray Bay" and get an adrenaline shot by swimming with our nurse sharks at our private and exclusive floating aquarium. Also get up close with our stingrays, with the safest interaction program in the world. While you pet them you will learn interesting facts about these fascinating animals.Snorkel on the natural reef of Bavaro Punta Cana, where a vast variety of beautiful and colorful fish will give you the impression of swimming in an aquarium.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had lots of fun in this excursion. I loved how we get to sail in a pirate ship! The crew were AMAZING! They were so much fun and it made the sailing time went by so much faster! I also liked the fact that they tell us background information on stingrays before we actually interact with them. Everybody got enough time to interact with the stingrays since they split up everyone in small groups. Snorkeling with Nurse sharks was awesome too. Our guide Elvis took our camera and helped us get many shots of the sharks. He was really great with my dad who was a first time snorkeler. Then it was the great snorkeling time in the caribbean sea. We saw so many corals and fish, MUCH MUCH more than the Saona Island excursion (in which i saw NOTHING but shallow water,no fish no star fish no corals). On the way back they had everybody out dancing and taking photos. Everybody had so much fun!

All reviews
"swimming with the sharks"
in 30 reviews
in 11 reviews
"mask"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Ok trip - don't like the fact they "cage" the stingrays! Open areas were nice. boat crew was ok. time in the water short, sailed along the coast to "kill time" to stretch the trip to 4 hours.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Thrill seekers BOOK THIS TRIP. Swim with sharks up to 7ft. One swam right under me within touching distance. Under water cameras capture the incredible creatures. Just remember to take it home with you. Unlike me.

Sting rays very interactive. Personally I didn't like it, just because I'm a little wary of them since Steve Irwins death! But be reassured the stings are removed and are safer than safe!

A great day out for all ages.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Beautiful exotic dancers, amazing performances. Ask for Elvis, teh tour guide, he is very helpful with small children and patient. Overall the crew is a fun-loving bunch and reagle you with jokes and excellent music - some of teh best dancers i have ever seen!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We got picked up at our hotel on time and had a pretty short drive to the starting point.
The hosts/instructors were great to begin with, great sense of humor and gave us a quick run down of safety and what was going on.
What I thought was awesome was we were on a pirate ship, it just looked super cool.
On our way to Stingray Bay, the dancers entertained and they were really good. Once we got to Stingray Bay, we were separated in groups to swim with the sharks first, then touch the sting rays. It annoyed me a little bit that they wouldnt let my bf and I get a picture together with the stingray (obviously they want us to buy 2 pictures instead of one) but our guide was awesome and talked the photog into letting us do it anyway. We wound up buying all three, so THERE! You can make more money if you let people get what they want ;)
Then we went back on the boat and went to a snorkeling spot, it was a little lackluster but I wasn't expecting a big snorkeling experience.
I really wanted to get back and drink and dance on the boat. So then when we were all done, we got some drinks. Unfortunately it was a short trip back, I only got to finish two small cups of beer.
Make sure you eat before you go because they only have a few ham and cheese sandwiches and some fruit, just something to snack on. Also, I would recommend this for adults and children alike.
I wish the party went a little longer, if the trip back was longer that would've given it a 5 stars from me but it was a great experiences overall.

1  Thank Jennifer S