14,196 results
All reviewsmike's coffeesuper juanjuan ramonbowling alleyprivilege sectionlobby barpunta canaentertainment staffhoneymoon suitetime sharemain buffetother resortsdominican republicbuffet restaurantpool viewsteakguest services
Reviewed November 17, 2017

The hotel did not want me to submit this review following our visit and even tried to bribe me by offering a free upgrade if we were to go back. This was on the premise that I did not post my review. Anyone that is due to go soon must be made aware that they will be walking into a building site that is noisy, dusty and more importantly unsafe. It was that bad when we were there that our lives were potentially put at risk.
There are so many things that went wrong during our week`s stay so I will just give an overview :
Nobody welcomed us on arrival and no welcome drink after an 8.5 hour flight.
Our first room was very dated and had noisy air con, shower didn`t work, both sinks were faulty, dirty towels and no hand towels or shower mat. Had to ask 3 times to get the extra towels and when they arrived they were covered in make up.
Poorly fitted glass mirrors on top of tables that had protruding razor sharp edges that could have taken my 5 years old son`s eye out or badly gashed any of us.
We the had the inconvenience of moving rooms and were put into a Privilege room. This was an upgrade but only to a room that you would have expected from a supposed 5 star hotel. This room had no plug in the bath, it had clumps of hair in the bath and also missing towels. Again, we had to ask 3 times for these to be provided.
I will talk again about this room at the end of the review.
At no time during our stay could we relax with any peace and quiet due to the building works. Electric power tools, nail guns going off, hammering and blow torches constantly going off throught the day. You also have the dust and debris scattered around the resort. You are then subjected to the ridiculous row at 3pm on the dot everyday with the holiday camp games accompanied by such loud music that you can`t have a conversation with the person next to you. You can`t even escape to the beach as this is inhabitable and please don`t be fooled by the pictures on the website as it nothing like that.
The bar staff don`t know what they are doing, on one occassion it took them 5 attempts to make 2 Gin and Tonics. On another occassion, they cancelled a restuarant reservation we had just 1.5 hours before it was due. After much complaining, it was then reinstated. We walked over to the restuarant only to be told we didn`t have a reservation. It also needs noting that only half of the restuarants were open at any given time so choice was limited. The toilets that service the restaurants are filthy and don`t get cleaned throughout the evening.
There aren`t enough sun shades around the pool and only one next to the childrens area of the pool. The tables next to the sunbeds are filthy and can`t have been cleaned in weeks.
I will now go back to the second room we occupied. The following day after we moved in, they decided to remove the tiles off the roof of the block without us having any prior warning. This consisted of smashing the tiles with hammers in a hap hazard manner and throwing them off with the associated mortar and strips of felting 3 storeys below to the floor. The area was not cordened off and as our room was on the corner of the 1st floor, this debris came raining down on both of our balconies. Had any of my family been on those balconies at the time then we could have been severley injured or at worst, killed due to the size of the bits. The debris also ended up within a couple of feet of the main pathways with constant pedestrian traffic with no indication of any works being undertaken above. The works lasted throughout the day which meant our balconies were out of bounds. Once the debris had been cleared the following day, I noticed that above one of our balconies there were loose tiles that had landed on a lean to roof of a balcony above. These were hanging off dangerously and needed removing before they actually fell on to our balcony. I reported this constantly to the Hotel Management every day for 3 days and nothing was done about it. They remained there even as we left the hotel to return home which meant this balcony was out of bounds for half of our stay. I also had to ask repeatedly for the balconies to be cleaned of the debris and nothing was done about this.
I have never been to such a shambolicly run and dangerous hotel and would advise anyone to really think twice about going here. If anything goes wrong then you are on your own. I dealt mostly with a member of the Management called Ebert Villaman and I see that he is the person responsible for responding to reviews. I will be very interested in reading his response as he claims I was compensated by being upgraded to the Privilege status for 3 days. The problem is that we didn`t receive any of the Privilege benefits.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
7  Thank andyb1969
GuestServiceOBS, Manager at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

Dear Guest!

First, we would like to thank you so much for choosing our hotel Ocean Blue and Sand by H10, and choosing us for your vacation destination, and at the same time, we would like you to know that we are making innovations every day so that your next visit unforgettable, thanks for sharing your experience with others through TripAdvisor. But it should be borne in mind that our hotel is in renovation project.

We hope to welcome you back here.

EBERT VILLAMAN

Reviewed November 16, 2017

I'm a seasoned Punta Cana traveller( been to Bavaro beach 5x) I travelled to this 'resort' for a wedding. It's hardly a resort.
-Check in was ridiculous. They let all the locals in on weekends and give them top priority to check-in, rooms and towels. Guests are 2nd class. Didn't have beach towels for 2 days.
-Rooms are dirty and dingy, even though I upgraded. No dead bolts on the doors-as a female this was concerning. Beds and sheets are AWFUL. Old mattresses. Paper thin pillows. I personally like a nice bed to retire to after a fun day in the sun. These beds had me cringing.
-Contruction 24/7. Good luck sleeping in with all the banging & painting.
- Staff are unpleasant. For every 1 awesome staff member there are 12 miserable ones.
- They fumigate with anti-pest spray IN YOUR ROOM 3x a week. Disgusting. Bug issues? Why 3x??
- ZERO poolside/beach drink service. This is not 5* behaviour.
- Beach, AWFUL. Couple more years this place won't have one. Enjoy views of sandbags all day.
-Concrete around the pool, full of sludge because again this 'resort' is dirty and not properly cleaned
- WIFI hardly existent. Good luck using it.

Pro's? Great a la carte's.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ashley416
GuestServiceOBS, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2017

Dear Guest!

First we want to thank you on behalf of Ocean Blue and Sand by H10 by the time it has taken you to share your comments with us about their past experiences here at the same time help us improve our level of service have been taken by special emphasis on these areas of opportunity you mentioned in your valuable comments.

We will be happy if you give us the opportunity to once again offer our services and to show them an unforgettable holiday.

Bests Regards

Reviewed November 16, 2017

Great accommodation and welcoming staff in all departments from the day of arrival although we were not forewarned of the repairs/upgrades being undertaken but these need to be done at some stage to keep up with their status and result of weather damage. Would recommend definitely even though

Room Tip: We had one in between the beach anf the receptiod which was ideal
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
GuestServiceOBS, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion through Tripadvisor about your stay at Ocean Blue & Sand by H10.

We are pleased that you and your family had a good time here with us and that we have reached your expectations. It is also a pleasure to know that your holidays are unforgettable. Your comments encourage us to continue to provide warm service that characterizes us.

It is a pleasure to serve you,

Reviewed November 15, 2017

Beautiful hotel. My friends and I stayed at Ocean Blue in late august for 7 days. We had an amazing time. The rooms were big, had running hot and cold water, a safe to keep our important items (free of charge) and were cleaned every single day (building 9). The staff were entertaining, friendly and treated you like family. Sexy black and Andre were our favourite staff members :) Drinks and food were good. On Saturday they had a foam party which was pretty fun. We have no complaints at all, we mainly used the hotel to eat and sleep. We spent most of our days exploring the island and night time for partying.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tina D

First of all on behalf of Ocean Blue and Sand it is a pleasure for us that you have chosen us as your vacation destination.

We want to thank you also for your contribution in this comment about the wonderful experience that has happened here and at the same time with each of the collaborators that work here we will let you know the great work they are doing exhorting them to continue doing it. such way.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again here with us.

Best regards.

Reviewed November 15, 2017

Traveled Oct 28- Nov 4. Girlfriend get away! We had a great time, because of the staff and the entertainment group. The food was great and the room block 8 was good, we faced the fence, which my friend did not like. Other than that the beach was nice and the resort was small which I really liked the best. I would go back one day!

Room Tip: Room facing the poolview
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
4  Thank arunad980

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again here with us.

Best regards.