14,267 results
All reviews mike's coffee super juan juan ramon bowling alley privilege section lobby bar punta cana entertainment staff time share main buffet honeymoon suite other resorts dominican republic buffet restaurant pool view steak guest services
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Travelled nov 03 to 10.

The staff here are great. Food pretty good, didnt have all the al a cartes open each day and i kept missing the news letter that showed the ones that were closed. Went to steak house and mexican rest 2 times each and found the food perfect.
Rooms were good, beds ok, and whirlpool tub worked fine.
Staff were amazing!!!!
You do have to run the gauntlet of the timeshare people, but a polite no usually works, we went to the presentation just for the free massage though, lol.
Pools were clean and ample chairs to be found.

It rained a bunch of our stay, but who cares?? Its a bit slippery walking in flip flops on the paths around the resort when it rains, so be careful or get better flip flops!! Lol.
Will defo go back there, been 2 times and enjoyed myself completely.

The only real neg part of my stay was the fact you cant get a good coffee before 8 am. You can get perk coffee at the breakfast buffet, but if you are up early and want to sit in the lobby with a nice latte or espresso you are out of luck before 8. They did make me a few at 750 one day, but all other days they stuck to the 8am time.
Again the staff are amazing!!!!!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
GuestServiceOBS, Gerente at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Dear Guest .

Thank you very much for your email and for sharing your experince with us,

We would like to inform you that our employees will be informed of the good review, as well as the effort that everyone is trying to do, in order to deliver the great service your deserve.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Let me start by saying that I read a lot of reviews before choosing this hotel and I felt that I had a really good idea of what to expect before going and for the most part, it was just as the reviews reported.
What ruined our vacation was the H10 guys that try to sell timeshares and the incredibly pushy vendors that came on the resort ( Main lobby area) They were so intense and rude even when you politely tell them no...any way Ill elaborate on that later.
Although parts of this resort are quite lovely we MUCH preferred the Bahia Principe over this resort. Much more value for your money ( Although Ocean Blue and Sand is a much smaller resort, so if you REALLY prefer smaller, this resort may be ok)

Ok the break down:
Rooms; Our room was lovely, one of the renovated rooms for sure. It was not luxury by any means but very nicely decorated and was kept very clean. Our air conditioning worked very well and we always had hot water, toilet worked great. That's all we need in a room and definitely met our expectations! The deck was very large as well.

Food; The food was very good! The buffet food offers more than enough selection although is no where near the amount of selection at other resorts we have been to, having said that, the flavour of all the food was absolutely excellent, our only real complaint was that the buffet food was cold....and I don't mean warm, I mean cold. Unless you had something prepared in front of you ( like pasta or eggs etc) it was cold. HOWEVER the food in the restaurants was excellent and hot! We ate at the Asian, the Steak House, the Mexican and Blue Moon. They were all really good. Our least favourite was the Asian as it was so loud, all 4 tables doing a show at once was too much. Still enjoyable just not our favourite. The Steak House was very good as was the Blue Moon, but surprisingly our favourite was the Mexican! Best Steak we have ever had was the seared tenderloin from the Mexican! The Asian restaurant , you go there and make a reservation at 10:30 or 11:00, all others you just go in the evening and wait in line, they give you a buzzer, the system works well.

The piano lounge in the evening off the lobby is a wonderful place to go and relax and enjoy some quite!

Mikes Coffee shop is THE BEST!! Benjamin that worked there provided the BEST service of our entire trip! GREAT spanish coffees and sweets. We loved it! He knew our order as soon as we came in !

The pools were nice and clean.

The beach....their poor beach! Completely out of their control, they do what they can to help it tho. Most of the days we were there, the beach was not great but there were a few days that there was very little seaweed and the water was beautiful and green. ( we aren't really beach people so we took advantage of it when it was nice and then sat at the pool when it wasn't , didn't really bother us at all, but if you love the beach, be mindful that it may not always be nice here.)

The staff are very friendly and helpful and speak mostly English. I'm trying to learn Spanish so I really noticed how much English they spoke.

The entertainment crew....ok... we had read a lot of reviews about how awesome they are...and they really are as long as you really like to be involved! They are quite loud and somewhat pushy. They will pick people up and get really interactive with you! Even pick people up and put them on other people...This is great if you like that sort of thing, we do not so we stayed far back as not to get in the middle of stuff, that would make me very uncomfortable. But they certainly are an enthusiastic bunch lol!!

Why we wont be back....
although the resort was " OK" in most areas, the H10 guys ruined our stay. We actually sat down with them to listen to their sales pitch and all it was, was lies. we have listened at other resorts a couple times, but they were always more upfront and honest and we choose not to join each time. These guys said it was different and offered a complete money back guarantee if not satisfied etc....all lies! We spent our entire week fighting with them while they continued to lie directly to us...there were also other couples like us that were in the same situation! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE heed the warning....DO NOT under any circumstances sit down with these toxic people ! We will NEVER be back to this property or any other H10 property because of how we were treated by these people.
As well as the vendors that the resort ALLOWS on to the property to sell stuff! I was REALLY disappointed that the resort actually let these people fill that space ( you could not avoid them and they were so rude, we felt so uncomfortable, we didn't even leave our room when we knew they were there! )
We never felt so harassed in either Cuba or Mexico, we actually couldn't wait to get home from Ocean Blue & Sand so we didn't have to deal with them anymore! It was sad because the rest of the staff were all lovely and extremely helpful and friendly!

So all in all, the resort as lots of potential but we will never go back, nor to any other H10 property! We have never been disappointed with the Bahia chain and we have been to a lot of different resorts now....we are sticking with Bahia

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank J0andJim
GuestServiceOBS, Gerente at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

Dear Guest.

Firstly, we want to thank you on behalf of Ocean Blue and Sand by H10, by the time it has taken you to share your comments with us about their past experiences here at the same time, to help us to improve our level of service which has been taken to special emphasis on these areas of opportunities you mentioned in your valuable comments.

We will be happy if you give us the opportunity to once again offer our services and to show you an unforgettable holiday.

Best regards,

EBERT VILLAMAN

Reviewed November 9, 2017

From arriving to departing the hotel was amazing. We were Privledge and the services and staff were so accommodating and friendly. The a la carte breakfast was so nice, best poached eggs!! The pools, beach, restaurants were really good.
A special thank you to Ebert Villaman for his excellent service to us. Thank you to Ceasar and all the privledge staff that made our stay so enjoyable.
We hope to see you all soon.
Take care our friends.
Deanna and Kevin

Room Tip: 3 rd floor, pool view was nice - block 10 was close to the beach
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dekevmcchristie

Dear Guest .

Reviewed November 9, 2017

I booked a room through Booking.com and in the beginning I thought the process was smooth. My room had been secured since early 2017 January or February. When I arrived in Punta Cana with my wife, mother, and aunt our trip to Ocean Blue and Sand seemed to be headed in a pleasant direction. I booked a Privelege Honeymoon Suite which was supposed to be a two floor suite with concierge and butler services. The guest clerk at check started the conversation with an audible Uh OH. It appeared that the room I reserved was not available and had not been available prior to my arrival. The staff stated they apologized but offered nothing in terms of a comparable room. I was offered a Honeymoon lite room which we after much prodding got the hotel to reduce the cost of. The room was supposed to be equipped with things like towels which it wasn't. I was supposed to have premium liquor in my mini bar. There was none. The bathroom had a damaged tub and it was NOT CLEAN. The Privelege reservation stated there would be transportation that would be provided and it was not. The air conditioning did not function. I told the staff about the issues and they apologized but NEVER corrected the issues. The buffet that was provided offered very little variety and the meat that was served for breakfast lunch and dinner was literally LUNCH MEAT as in COLD CUTS. The service was sub par and I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. The reason for coming to the OCEAN BLUE and SAND was for my SISTER'S WEDDING. She does not get a do over and her accommodations were lousy as well. OCEAN BLUE AND SAND DROPPED THE BALL. The kicker is that they try to SELL you a premium upgrade package so that you will return and offer the world but treat you like crap otherwise. They indicated I was supposed to have concierge service and other amenities THEY NEVER EVEN TRIED TO FIX ANY OF THE PROBLEMS OR OFFER THEY SERVICES THEY INDICATED THEY WOULD PROVIDE. IF YOU ARE CRAZY ABOUT COLD CUTS, POOR SERVICE, AND WANT TO PAY EXTRA FOR IT, STAY AT OCEAN BLUE AND SAND. THEY STATED THEY WERE SORRY. THAT IS THE ONLY TRUE STATEMENT. THEY ARE TRULY A SORRY EXCUSE FOR A RESORT. MY ENTIRE FAMILY WAS DISAPPOINTED AND MY MOTHER"S ROOM AS WELL AS MY NIECE'S ROOM HAD VISIBLE MOLD IN THEM. THE LOCATION EMPLOYS A CAST SYSTEM. REGULAR GUESTS, PRIVELEGE, AND H10 PREMIUM. NON OF THEM ARE WORTH IT BUT THEY INSIST IF YOU BUY INTO THE H-10 PREMIUM YOU WILL GET WORLD CLASS SERVICE. IT WON'T HAPPEN.you will simply be out of your cash. I have stayed at budget hotels that are clean and offer good service. This place couldn't compete.

Room Tip: Stay at any place else in Punta Cana that offers real food, real service, and keeps their promises.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank illumique

Dear Illumique .

Best regards,

EBERT VILLAMAN

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Loved the hotel, the staff were friendly and helpful. Room in block 5 was great over looking the pool and towards the sea. Pools were great and very big. I booked a privilege club room. Was constantly being approached to attend the VIP breakfast which was annoying. I am not sure if the cost was worth it although I did like the a la carte breakfast on the beach each morning. I thought the food at all the restaurants was good, although the buffet food was always just warm. Big shout out to Joelle who seemed to be working non stop in each and every restaurant. My only disappointment was the beach, the big ugly tanks spoil the view and the huge amount of seaweed was very off putting.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo

Dear Kazza .

Thank you very much for your email and for sharing your experince with us,

We would like to inform you that our employees will be informed of the good review, as well as the effort that everyone is trying to do, in order to deliver the great service you deserve.