14,387 results
All reviews mike's coffee super juan juan ramon bowling alley privilege section black coffee time share punta cana lobby bar entertainment staff the mexican restaurant honeymoon suite main buffet other resorts dominican republic pool view steak
Reviewed May 12, 2016

My sister planned this destination wedding in Punta Cana at the Ocean Blue and Sands Resorts over a year ago. The wedding party and guest saw all types of reviews and some weren't that good. Let me tell you, Ocean Blue and Sands resorts stay was AMAZING! From the time we checked in to the time we checked out the employees went out of their way to make our stay there more than comfortable. The wedding party was there for 7 days. The food was DELICIOUS! There was an array of Restaurants to choose from such as, American, Italian, Japanese, Cuban Food and more. There was a sports bar, bowling alley, Two Large pools with access to the bar while in the pool. The beach was only a few feet away. The rooms were very clean and whatever we needed from towels, beds made a safe for jewerly or cash we were provided. The wedding was Spectacular! The set up was beautiful and everything went better than planned. We ate later that evening at one of the Restaurants that was reserved for us, Lobster, Fish, Steak, an array of deserts, vegetables you name it. The wedding cake they made was delicious and moist and did I mention Beautiful? Amistad was one of the gentlemen that spoke with the group when we arrived the next day to fill us in on how the resort worked. He also booked us an Excursion where we went ziplining, sailed on a private boat, ate, drank, snorkled and got into the water where we had our own personal bartender. It was beyond amazing. The scenary of that beautiful turquoise and blue ocean water along with the buildings was such a sight. The Beach at the Ocean Blue and Sand came with chairs and umbrellas. There were places to wash the sand off before going back to the common area. The beach was so beautiful and relaxing. If you walked further away from the common areas to the left of the Restaurant located by building 6 you could do all of your shopping right there for souveniers. Remember to pay 30% less than what they ask and they will haggle you. Do Not give them what they ask for because they are over charging you and I am speaking of the vendors that sale items on the resort. They are not promoted by the resort, they just pay a fee to set up and sale their items so please remember that.

There was an array of buffets throughout the resort that you could dine at anytime. Some you had to make reservations at as well. Remember all inclusive means we didn't spend a dime on the resort except when we wanted to purchase any souvineirs from the shop or a massage.

Some of the employees that looked out for us especially and were very friendly were Juan Ramon, Willy Elia Minime, Charlie, Wilma, Superman, Juan Sauri, Dj Bonny, Dj Gabrie, Dj Jesus, Samana Daniel to name a few. Extremly Friendly people always smiling and went out of there way for us even when we were not tipping which is always optional.

I would do it again and again because this trip was beyond AMAZING!
If you are visiting Punta Cana, Ocean Blue and Sands is a MUST on your list. Sure you could go to some other resorts that are cheaper but let me tell you they don't offer what Ocean Blue and Sands offer and you really get more Bang for your Buck!

The ONLY downside to this visit at this resort was that the WI-FI sucked. Other than that, everything was WONDERFUL!

Room tip: Pay the extra 10 a night to have a room located near the pool area or beach. Look to be placed into building 4,5,6
Reviewed May 12, 2016

I had an amazing time at the resort!! I stayed in room 5329, and the room I would give 5 stars. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was great as well. The location of the room was great because it was not far from the beach or the pools. My overall experience at the resort was amazing and the customer service was exemplary. I really enjoyed the entertainment at the resort as well. All the staff Juan Ramón Willy Elia Minime Charlie Wilma Super Juan sauri Willian Dj Bonny Dj Gabriel Dj jesus Samana richar Daniel made the experience even better and memorable. I admire their work ethic.They all work so hard to make sure everyone was having a good time.I will definitely be back in the near future.

Room tip: Building 5
Reviewed May 12, 2016

Just recently got back from another AMAZING trip to Ocean Blue and Sand and its excellent as EVER! Once again I have no complaints about this resort and I have noticed several improvements. The first of which is the recently opened Japanese restaurant Sensai which joins Ocean Blue's several other great restaurants.

From the second you walk through the doors to Sensai you are immediately greeted to a top notch Asian theme and friendly staff. You are seated around a grill much like at a hibachi and quickly served your choice of beverage. Then the waiter hands the menus out so you can decide on your appetizer, whether it be miso soup or sushi roll, and the option of sake or wine. A few minutes later the chef comes to the grill, greets his guests and gets the grill going. You have your choice of steak, chicken, shrimp or salmon or ALL four. As usual the meat is served with freshly prepared rice and vegetables. The whole experience was very impressive and I would definitely recommend it.

The other big improvement was at the snack bar located near the privilege section of the beach. The entire dining area has been remodeled with new furniture, new flooring, sliding glass doors, ceiling fans, and a fully functioning bar. The service was great as always as well as the food. The buffet style food area has also been remodeled with beautiful tile and a massive choice of food. Everyday you've got a choice between, grilled chicken, grilled vegetables, freshly prepared pasta, pizza, soup, and a deli counter to get custom made sandwiches.

If for whatever reason you feel like avoiding this amazing dining experience, you can always walk over to the grill on the beach and get a burger, hotdog and French fries. We were privilege once again so we got to take advantage of the Privilege beach section, cabanas and a private bar. Our friend Marino worked this bar and made my friends mother the best caipirinha on the whole resort. Even when the Privilege section was full, he would make us our drinks and walk over to wherever we were and give them to us. He always greeted us and made sure we had towels and anything else we needed. Marino was a very friendly guy and went above and beyond to take care of us. We made sure we took care of him.

Our best friend down there was Superman shirt wearing SuperJuan who was always excited to see us and joke around with us. He was part of the entertainment staff and made sure we joined in all the games they played throughout the day, whether it was beach Olympics, pool Zumba class or the various pool competitions. SuperJuan was always stopping by us when nothing was going on to joke around with us and just chat with us. He was part of the family by the end of the trip and definitely one the best guys on staff at Ocean Blue.

The rest of the entertainment staff was great as well. No clue where they get the energy to run the games, competitions and nightly entertainment from so I hope Ocean Blue is taking care of them. Willy Wonka, much like SuperJuan, was always friendly and stopping to chat and joke around with us. Always made sure we knew when beach volleyball was going on and when one of the posts got broken, he got it fixed for the next day. William and Gucci were amazing as well, getting the games set up and keeping everyone excited and interested in what was going on. We are going to miss them all tremendously.

The pool bar is where we spent a lot of our time because they had music playing all day, a great bar staff keeping everyone well hydrated lol and its where the pool games would take place. My friend Bienvenido and Bernado still work there so I knew I was in good hands. Those two were always smiling and working their butts off keeping the guests happy, even if it meant mixing drinks in the huge 7-11 jugs some people would ask to have filled. Manuel Guerrero helped us out quite a bit as well. I will definitely miss sitting in that pool and drinking in the sun for sure.

Another great place we spent a lot of time was at the Lobby Bar. They've got amazing bar tenders there and all of my friends are still there. Martires is a great guy who has been there for years and always made sure I had a drink in my hand. He made sure the gift I brought down for my bartender friend Edwin found its way to him. That meant the world to me because I've know Edwin for years but recently got sick and wasn't there last week. Alexander was singing loudly and mixing drinks at the same time as usual. He goes by Sexy Black and keeps everyone at the bar well entertained. Another great guy who has been there for years. Rafaela, Ishmael, Vladimir have also been there for years and always took care of us. They've got the friendliest staff I've ever seen at a resort which is one of the main reasons I choose Ocean Blue over all the other competition down there.

The food was once again amazing as well, particularly the Steak House which we dined at twice. Buffet was top notch as always because they have something for everyone and a theme for each night of the week. After dinner we usually hit up Mike's Coffee before heading over to Showtime for the nightly show. The Wild West show was my favorite in particular. Mike's Coffee has an amazing staff. Cristobal, Benjamin and Argentina were always there taking care of us and making spectacular iced coffee drinks rivaling those of Starbucks in my opinion. It has a very relaxing environment and a good way to get energy for the rest of the night.

The disco was once again a fun time and has also been remodeled so no more steps to trip on when you're crossing the dance floor. They played a nice mix of current music as well. Then after you're tired of having an amazing time at the disco, you have Felix over at the Overtime Sports Bar waiting to serve you some food, or more drinks if you're up for any, while you catch up on sport highlights from the day.

I love Ocean Blue and Sand and have never had a bad experience here. The small beach erosion didn't affect our time one bit and we will definitely be back as soon as we can. Best Place on Earth.

Room tip: choose Privilege, closer to the beach and pool bar
3  Thank Maxpetrafx
GuestServiceOBS, Manager at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2016

Dear Guest,

Receive our most cordial greetings,

First on behalf of Ocean Blue and Sand is a pleasure for us that you have chosen us as their holiday destination. We would like to thank you for your contribution to this comment about the wonderful experience that happened here and you see the same with each of the employees who work here will let you know the great work they are doing and exhorting them to continue doing so in so.

Thanks again and hope to see you back here with us.

Best regards.

JUDITH RIPOLL

Reviewed May 11, 2016

I gave the "property" a 4 out of 5 'very good' rating because the resort is nice. It's the party atmosphere that essentially ruined our experience. Maybe that's what you are looking for, but for my wife and I we will be renting from vrbo next time rather than staying at an all-inclusive.

As expected the food is tolerable for a few days. The plantains were delicious!!!
Would be nice if they listed the ingredients of the food. If you have a dietary restrictions, it's quite challenging because the chefs spoke no english. As vegetarians, my wife and I relied on salads and pasta. After 5 days we were quite eager to get back home and to more variety with our diet.

The service was good, but not great. We had a warmer experience when visiting Mexico, but enjoyed some of our food servers. One morning on our way back from breakfast (5 min walk) our door lock broke, so we walked to the reception desk (15 minute round trip walk) and they gave us a new card and told us not to put next to our cell phone (with a little tude), which we hadn't. The door handle mechanism apparently needed a new battery. Thankfully a maid called for us so we didn't have to make the 15 minute walk again, but we had to wait for half an hour or more for a maintenance person to fix. Overall this ate an hour from our day. Seems like they could've made that a higher priority to fix quicker - thankfully we weren't about to catch a flight.

The room was clean, and had all of the necessities. The wi-fi worked, you just had to login each time. The beds were not-so-comfortable. The shower would alternate from lukewarm to scalding and back multiple times each shower. Each day the housekeepers would restock your fridge, and we did enjoy some rare quiet moments on our balcony each morning.

We've asked ourselves several times whether or not we would return. The beach is beautiful, the resort is nice, but it's not our scene - we'd rather rent a property and create our own adventure. We'll just have to figure out how to get good vegetarian food in the Caribbean.

Room tip: Don't get a room by the stairs, there will be loud, drunk people nightly.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2016 via mobile

First off, the hospitality was amazing. I felt like I was at home. I was treated like I've known them forever. I had a really good time and a lot of memories were set. This was definitely a trip I will never forget and hope to return.

Trip type: Traveled with friends