21,482 results
All reviews colonial club le gourmet rodeo grill coffee boy supreme buffet animation team punta cana swim up bar japanese restaurant chateaubriand swim up room seafood steak main buffet wet bar michael jackson show beach restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

This is my first trip to Punta Cana and I was very pleased with the experience of going to Majestic Resorts' Colonial Punta Cana location.

Colonial Club: We were upgraded to the Colonial Club option which offers superior amenities including access to exclusive pools, exclusive sections of the beach, and access to special lounge amenities such as snacks and drinks.

Butler: We were very pleased to have David as our designated butler who was very helpful throughout our week-long stay at the resort. He was very friendly and informative about the resort and always took time to check in on us about our visit. He made sure that we had everything we needed throughout our stay. I would highly commend David for his services and his attention to detail.

Facilities: The facilities were very clean and service was always friendly and attentive to detail. Special shout-out to Malena and the room cleaning staff at the Colonial Club, Wender and his colleagues (at the towel service), and the team at the spa for making sure that we had everything we needed. They were quite friendly and offered us cheerful banter during our stay. Everyone at the Colonial Club Lounge was very helpful and made our stay all the more enjoyable.

Food: The variety of food options is formidable and delicious. In particular, we enjoyed the different themes of food available at the Supreme and the beachside restaurants which change throughout the day. In particular, the giant pan of paella on the beach was very delicious and the Dominican food options are worth trying. The staff who manage the grills at Tres Cabelas, Supreme, and McJestic were very skilled at preparing our orders.

Overall: I would highly recommend this resort to any first time visitors to the region. The upgrade to Colonial Club offers very pleasant amenities and surprises which made our stay all the more enjoyable.

Room tip: Upper floor rooms have less proximity to the pools which makes it quieter. This is generally a good thing.
Date of stay: January 2020
Quality-Majestic, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear LocalTraveller2020,

On behalf of the Majestic C/E/M team, we would like to thank you for sharing your memories of your fantastic time here with us.

It is a pleasure to know that we have exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed our beautiful facilities and excellent service from our entire team, who are always focused on providing the best care.

We hope to see you many more times for even more excellent vacation experiences.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

We stayed the 2nd time at the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana and will definitely go back again. Management and staff went out of their way to make this another wonderful stay at this resort. A great shout out and thank you goes to our butler Francisco who always immediately responded and fulfilled every request we had. Another huge thank you is to all the other staff which treats you like family and even remembers you. Ayrin, Henry, Maximo, Odalis and many more made this a memorable relaxing vacation.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear SabineK50,

Thank you so much for your wonderful words and for taking the time to tell the TripAdvisor community about your stay.

It is certainly our goal to provide exceptional vacation experiences for all of our guests and we are delighted to see that our team members went above and beyond to ensure that you had a wonderful and memorable stay here with us.

We would very much enjoy the opportunity of welcoming you back and making your next stay absolutely Majestic.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

I loved this beautiful place. I will say that one of the staffers -- whose character name is "Tooty Fruity" -- was the target of much humor. LGBTQ families may not enjoy this on their stay and might prefer another resort.

Date of stay: February 2019

Dear Nomaspapas,

Greetings from Majestic Colonial and thank you very much for taking the time to share your review here on TripAdvisor.

It is truly a pleasure for us to receive your impressions of this trip and we are so pleased to hear that you found it to be an enjoyable experience.

We have also noted your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another memorable vacation we trust you will cherish forever.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

This was my first vacation back to Punta Cana in several years and it was really a great experience. The staff was really amazing, to start with one of the bartenders Cristiano Barey, he was so much fun and entertaining, he would welcome us every day and was just a good time! We also had Tairon and Dionici taking care of us by the pool and they were really awesome, very entertaining and always with a smile. Carlos Luis was very attentive and welcoming in the morning during breakfast. Nancy and Toni were very entertaining during the Hibachi dinner, Toni put on a show and Nancy was very attentive to our needs. Jacob was our butler and although we didn't see him much, whatever we needed we would text him and he would get it done and always with a huge smile! The food was really good, Mexican was good but Japenese was delicious. Good variety of breakfast and lunch and I loved that they had good old fashion rice and beans for lunch. I like how they kept the food to American style foods.
NOW for things I would change to give a 5-star rating were more entertainment by the adult-only colonial side, it was pretty quiet and I was grateful that we met other couples and were able to mingle. The all-adult beach should have some waitress service, I had to keep getting up and walking up to the bars on the beach. The room was beautiful the only thing I would say needs an upgrade is the toilet area, it is was too small and enclosed and looked like it could use a tile upgrade. I would return!

1  Thank TRGR123

Dear TRGR123,

On behalf of all the staff here at Majestic Colonial, I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your stay in Punta Cana.

Our staff members are truly our greatest asset and you have mentioned so many by name, it is obvious you took the time to get to know everyone, which is usually the basis for a memorable time at any resort.

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Excellent resort will definitely recommend and we will return.
Review breakdown:
Butler : our butler was Luis. We never had a butler before don't like the feeling of having someone constantly doing things for us but Luis is very professional and made my husband and I feel comfortable and explained everything in detail. Always ready to make our stay comfortable special and understand our preferences and provide accordingly without making us feel like we are bothering him. His service his character and personality is so appreciated. Will definitely return and request for him.
Food:buffet excellent great selection very clean. A la carte is preference but we loved the Japanese and french for breakfast the Mexican was awful food but great service. The French for breakfast is amazing service and food.
Gabriel and Enni at the pool awesome atmosphere great service. Same with beach service.
The facilities are always clean from the beach to the restaurants. Always cleaning very impressive.
1 thing I did notice the staff appeared to not be happy I think s management is very bad this is
my assumption as its basics treat staff good they work better. However we felt most staff was always serving with a smile. I truly believe and hope that the staff get treated fairly and paid well.Hope all guest tip well to all staff as they work so hard.
One negative for me is the shower rainfall as the water pressure is very very bad. Owners should ensure to fix that as it's a big con for me.
Another complaint I have which may be a positive to others is smoking is allowed everywhere. Its disturbing and annoying I'd suggest they have certain places assigned for smoking only .
BEACH : no seaweed always clean great bar service.

Highly recommend this resort highly recommend Luis highly recommend management to use their fund wisely treat staff better and renovate public washroom and water pressure issues. Will definitely return.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Hagopians_SH,

Thank you for your kind review and for recommending Majestic Colonial to future travelers.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our beach area and that you received a very friendly and attentive service from our team, especially from Enni, Gabriel and your butler Luis.

We also appreciate constructive feedback from our guests and we are taking your comments with the utmost seriousness it deserves.

It is truly a pleasure for us to hear that you enjoyed your vacation here at our resort and it would be an honor to welcome you back to Majestic Resorts.