Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$324
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
18,862 results
All reviewscolonial clubrodeo grillsupreme buffetle gourmetanimation teampunta canaswim up barjapanese restaurantchateaubriandswim up roomsteakmain buffetseafoodwet barmichael jackson showpiano barbeach restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have just returned from our family vacation at the Majestic Colonial Punta Cana. Our adult children stayed in the Colonial Club Junior Suites which were very nice rooms and my husband and I stayed in room 3174, which was a Junior Suite with an excellent ocean view. The room was a corner room located on the ground level directly across from the beach and the wedding gazebo. This room has a great view of the ocean and superb people watching.
Our room butler was Rafael "Tiger Woods". If you are so lucky to have Tiger during your stay, I guarantee you will have everything you need. Tiger made sure that we felt like family and took care of our requests promptly.
Maria was our bartender at the beach. She is really fun and welcomes everyone! Whenever we would see her, she would say hello!
The staff at the resort are very welcoming and friendly. The food was average, however, this did not matter as we had so much fun around the resort and on our excursions. For our excursions, we chose to go on the zip lines. The trip was half the excitement as you are able to see the countryside which is beautiful. Also- we went snorkeling with BEBE Catamaran. The water was a bit rough, but the sailing was wonderful.
Overall, Great Trip!
Thank you Tiger Woods and the Majestic Colonial!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Erin H
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I will start by saying this resort is very well kept and clean which is a plus, the cleanest pools I have ever seen. That being said for the money you can get more at other resorts. We stayed in the Colonial Club which we thought would speed up the check in process, boy were we wrong. This process needs to be streamlined by the Majestic as many people seemed to waste over two hours checking in, which is the last thing you want after a day of travel, we arrive early at 10:30am were told our room would be ready by 1:30, nope back to the check in area at 4pm our room was ready! But we could not go up until our butler returned from his previous trip. 4:45 we are finally on our way with our "butler" who served 15 couples at once! Impossible! We get to our room in the adults only club section and we have two double beds, why in a section of the resort that is 95% couples do they have so many rooms with two double beds? That being said the room was quite large with a great shower and jacuzzi tub, our view left a bit to be desired but it seemed very few rooms had good views. The beach is very crowed so get up early and claim a chair. It is a very beautiful beach and quite large, great for nice walks. The premium drinks that are advertised seemed to be a big secret, you need to ask the bartender who then goes in the back to pour what they claim is Absolute but your not allowed to see the bottle, and Absolute seems to be the only "premium" they have. The tap beer at 50% of the bars tastes like the lines have not been properly cleaned in years, good thing about the pool bar in the club is they have cans. The food is less than spectacular which I can give them a pass on due to the amount of people they are cooking for. Stick with fresh fruit which is great, and food they prepare in front of you, those seem to be the safest. The staff is hit or miss as some are quite pleasant while others seem to hate being being at work. We will not return to a Majestic but some people seemed to love it, just prepare for slow check in process and a less than stellar dining experience.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Siggy9
GMColonial, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. It is through communications of this nature that we are given an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from our resort.
Please apologize for the inconveniences you may had during your stay with us.
I hope you will give as another opportunity to make your stay unforgettible.

Cordialy

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We have travelled to a great many resorts but The Majestic Colonial was the King and/or Queen of all of them.The check-in was a bit hectic but it was rather late @ night and most of staff had left.However,I would suggest management make some adjustments to take care of late night arrivals as everyone was very tired and with only 2 people to check in a large number of people it was rather frustrating.
That was the only complaint we had and I would suggest management give this their attention as in my opinion it is neglect on their part.They need to take lessons from their staff as far as looking out to our needs.Management don,t seem to be doing their job.
Our room was awesome,very clean roomy and Mylendia(not sure name spelled right)our cleaning lady was terrific.
There was nothing we could want or need.If we asked for something there was never a problem.Room service was the ultimate and everything was delivered very hot and so very prompt.This service was included as were all services.There was even a pillow menu aromotherpy oils insense all in the pillow menu.This too was included as inclusive.Our butler was not very attentive I must say and didn't realize until we were leaving all that we were entitled too.We met another butler @ the private room for Colonial Club quests .His name was Ramon de Leon.(Again not sure of spelling).My wish was he had been assigned to be our butler.He was Awesome to us even though he wasn't our butler.
What can I say.Because I have limited mobility we were unable to spend our time @ the beach.
At home we are beach people but it was too difficult for me so we spent our time at the pool.Colonial Club has it's own private pool but we choose to use the bigger one.It is something we have never seen before.
It runs like a snake from almost one end of the resort to the other.Beautiful,very quiet and exceptionally clean.
The food !!Whenever we travel to resorts I take my own food.Well this time we brought that food back home.I have never seen such excellent resort food ever.and in such abundance.If you couldn't find something enjoyable to eat then you are much more of a fussier eater than me and believe me I am a very fussy eater.
The grounds were kept spotless and beautiful.At the pool the servers were coming frequently and another young man would come to pick up plates glasses etc at frequent intervals.
Washrooms were spotless near poolside.
I loved the Majestic Colonial Drink (Non-alcoholic).It is a beautiful thirst quenching drink.For those who like to have alcohol in that drink that is available as well.
We enjoy travelling to resorts for the Heat ,Sun and Swimming and as you've guessed we are Sun-Worshippers.Lol.
For this reason by night-fall we are tired and have never gone in for the night life or shows that were provided therefore I can't say what that is like.
The only troublesome insect we encountered was one tiny house fly.
I wear Skin-so soft avon lotion to those countries and never have a problem.
All drinks availability was in excess,whether it be water,sodas or alcoholic drinks.No shortage whatsoever.
We ate solely at the main buffett and service and staff was exceptional.
The cook at the omelet counter was amazing !!!He could take care of 6-7 people at one time all the while singing in his native tongue.He was awesome.Didn't get his name but he is one of a kind.
Another awesome point there was an abundance of lounges at the pool and could get one at any given time.No towels to hold chairs.Not necessary which is fantastic.
At the ColonialClub Private Pool there was Bali-Beds but as I mentioned we liked the larger pool best.The lounges at the pool are higher and much more comfortable than at other resorts.You don.t sink down in them .With my condition these were a big plus for me.
The only thing I would like to see change at this resort is management to see there is more staff to take care of those who arrive on later flights so those with private check-ins can be accommodated and others taken care of faster.
Before I end this,we travelled with Air Transat .This was fantastic.
One month earlier we travelled to Punta Cana via Air Canada Vacations.which left much to be desired.On-board we were given a choice of Water Soda or Juice.Not even a pretzel.On return as well.
With Air Transat.we were first offered a glass of champagne for those who desired,cold drinks.Next we were given a hot meal with dessert.This was on our return too.When I say a hot meal that is exactly what it was HOT.Beautiful.
What can I add? This has been the very best trip we have ever had and Majestic Colonial,God Willing, we hope to return next year for two weeks.
We will request Ramon de Leon as our Butler next time.Lol
You learn at these resorts.
Keep up the good work Majestic and we are definitely going to encourage people to go and experience the Awesomeness that we did.
I kid you not whatever it feels like,we felt like a King and Queen for a week,Lol
If we could we would give this resort a 10 STAR.

Room Tip: Most definitely recommend Majestic Colonial Club (Adults Only) We were treated like a Queen and King !!! We were on 4th floor and no noise .Might add lots of elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Bernie O
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at the Majestic Colonial in the Colonial Club from April 23-28. I travelled alone to get away and relax and that I did. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is so attentive and friendly. Big thanks to my butler Juan Reyes. He is such a nice guy. He prepared the jacuzzi bath for me with roses and champagne almost nightly. He also made dinner reservations and checked in on me throughout my stay. The pool staff was also amazing, as I spent most of my day either in the pool or relaxing on a Bali bed. Got a boys wrap and reflexology at the Spa which was like heaven. My mission to relax was successful and I got a great tan as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Risingtyde1
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We loved our stay at the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana! Our butler Franklin was absolutely amazing, he went well out of his way to help us around and get us what we needed to make our stay great. Juan and DelaRosa at the Supreme were always the first to welcome us for dinner and the continuous supply of Presendentes were greatly appreciated. And can't forget the Mamajuana! This resort and the service is definitely going to be hard to beat in the Domincan..

Room Tip: Swim up rooms on the Colonial Club side are the only way to go!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple