Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)
18,849 results
All reviewscolonial clubrodeo grillsupreme buffetle gourmetanimation teampunta canaswim up barjapanese restaurantchateaubriandswim up roomsteakmain buffetseafoodwet barmichael jackson showpiano barbeach restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I attended a wedding at Majestic Colonial. The resort had a great pool and we were always able to find a chair. There are several bridges crossing the pool which look like they were built by children... very cobbled together but not very structuraly sound. The beach was good but there was lots of little peices of garbage in the sand. The new roofs on the beach restaurant and the spa are asphalt shingles which really take away from the ambiance. The rooms are showing their age with lots of broken grouting around the tub and floors. Our room had bugs in the "toilet closet". The outside of the balcony doors do not have handles. I don't know if this is a safety thing but you can get trapped out there. The open air hallways get very wet during the rain which was probably the cause of my fall down the stairs.

There were buffet restaurants and the only really good food was the fruit and the freshly made items like omelets and meat. Anything in a warmer was rubbery or over cooked. The coffee guys who fly around the buffet restaurants yelling "CAFFAY, CAFFAY, CAFFA" are very annoying.

You can pay extra for premium alcohol but the drinks that are included are all very watered down. If you want wine, the only choice is white or red. Don't try to order a Pinot Grigios, they don't have it. You cannot take drink glasses from one restaurant or bar with you. They will stop you and pour your drink into a plastic cup.

The wedding itself was very nicely done and even though it was in a gazebo next to a pool, you did not hear the noise from the pool. The reception was beautiful as well but the bride did alot of things herself.

Punta Cana airport on departure was a zoo. You have to line up to check in - OK thats fine. Then you have to line up to clear security - that's fine too. You then have to line up a third time to clear customs - but it's not customs for your home country. It's exit customs for DR. Really??? They've already got my $20 exit fee!! These three lines took almost 3 hours to clear. At one point I stepped out of line and got the representative to allow us into the priority line just so we would not miss our flight. Then we had to run through their wonderful shopping area and board the plane. Seriously, it's a beautiful duty free area but no one had time to buy anything.

I've only been to the DR once before and that experience was pretty bad. I thought I'd never go back and only did so to attend this wedding.

I was impressed with Sunwing Vacations though. They surprised me with a champagne drink on the plane and a meal - Wow! If they get online checkin I will really like them.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank toastedalmond
GMColonial, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Please accept our apologies for the maintenance and housekeeping and mantenience situations you encountered in your room; we can assure you that we will be giving the matters the proper attention and corrective measures are going to be taken in order to avoid these situations from reoccurring.
Our main goal strives in having a great ambience to satisfy our guests’ requirements; we regret that we were not able to fulfill your expectations and the food was not as you expected.

I hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back in our Resort.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Wonderful hotel, the beach was great, the food could be better and the room was very nice. I would stay here again, but my only disappointment was the food.

Also, we stayed in the adults only side and if you are looking for a relaxing vacation with limited chaos this is not the resort for you. We stayed in the adults only side and every night there were drunk people wandering by our room screaming and hollering and carrying on like unsupervised teenagers. The room was so nice and cozy but it was hard for me to sleep because of all the noise.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Katie L

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention and for the positive comments regarding our groudns and beach.
We regret very much that we were not able to fulfill your expectations this time.
It is important for us to point out that the possible inconveniences you have experienced were very punctual like the noise during the night due drunk people.
For this reason, we would like you to consider coming back .

Best Regards

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Had a great time at the Majestic Colonial. Clean rooms, good food and a friendly staff made our vacation a success. Amodita in the main buffet restaurant along with the coffee boys made for a very good breakfast. We stayed at the Majestic from 4/07/13 to 4/14/13. Stay away from Sunwing rep Angie.

Room Tip: Would maybe try Club room next
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Peter V

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We visited the Majestic Colonial resort in Punta Cana from April 11th until April 18th, 2013. First the pros:

Pros

Service - Service was very, very good. Special mention to our butler Pavel who went above and beyond to look after us. During breakfast, the gentleman working the omelette grill was always very pleasant and would always ask us how our vacation was going. Luis (coffee boy) also provided very good service.

Resort - Both the rooms and the grounds were very clean and well kept. There is a noticeable attention to detail to keep the resort clean by all staff members.

Weather - One morning it rained for 10 minutes during breakfast. The rest of the week was very hot and sunny.

Pools - Main pool is huge. Club pools are very small but more for partying and tanning. All pools kept very, very clean.

Beach - Huge beach with a lot of seating available even if you weren't out early in the morning. There are a couple of guys trying to sell stuff on the beaches but they do not bother you as they just simply walk up and down waiting for someone to approach them. There is also security on the beach.

Club section - Very nice to have the butler service, access to the entire property, 24 hour room service and the club lounge was actually great to pick up a quick drink or snack on the way to the room.

Cons

Language - I'd say 30% of the staff members spoke very little English. With some jobs, speaking English isn't totally necessary but we ran into a few instances where our waiter or bartender spoke very little English and therefore we did not receive what we had ordered.

Food - Food was typical resort food. Not great but not bad. Steakhouse was the best and Dominican restaurant was the worst. Was looking forward to good food after the 7 day trip.

Airport - Through no fault of the resort, the Punta Cana airport is a joke. No security, no signs and no direction at all. Arrival and departure took a lot longer than they should have as there is not nearly enough staff working.

Overall, this was a great resort and we will return if we travel to the Domincan Republic again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dan D

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My family and I stayed at Majestic Colonial March 2013 and it was by far the best vacation we've had so far. The Hotel was nice and clean, the people that work there are excellent and most of all the people that waited on us were Super! I have to give many thanks to Wrkia, Ogledy, Francisco, Pablo, Andris, Luis Carlos Socorro and his fabulous food, all worked at Palapa Playa, our favorite place to eat, especially lunch and dinner. Treat them well, by that I mean tip them, because they deserve it and much more. I hope to come back in the future and see them all again. My kids happen to have their birthday while we were there and they made a special dinner, birthday cake and all for us. Will never forget it. Thank you all very much.
The Antunes Family

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cristina A

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended especially for Wrkia, Ogledy, Francisco, Pablo, Andris, Luis Carlos Socorro.