Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)
18,853 results
All reviewscolonial clubrodeo grillsupreme buffetle gourmetanimation teampunta canaswim up barjapanese restaurantchateaubriandswim up roomsteakmain buffetseafoodwet barmichael jackson showpiano barbeach restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2013

the best experience of my life in hotels, so the pass this week in the majestic hotel. I was impressed by how beautiful it is. also the attention of their staff. No complaints whatsoever. I really liked the restaurant at night. The employees are wonderful, especially Daniel, at the bar.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Lisa R
GMColonial, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended especially for the Funjestic Team...Ely, Luisa,Blondy,Tuti Fruit, Nimo,Luki,Wilkin ,Luciano and Janet.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Traveled 9 - 20 Feb 2013. Great hotel, not too big but lots of pool space and a great beach location with lots of chairs. Most of beach clear, though some areas have a bit of rock. We opted to spend a little more for the Colonial Club, Marshall was our butler, great guy.. There was a great lounge, snacks, drinks, free internet, someone to book restaurants, someone to answer questions. The international was great for breakfast and dinner, really friendly staff, very attentive and certainly like to have fun. Japanese restaurant was great! Definitely would recommend it!

Room Tip: Rooms starting with 3 on club side have great views!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Barbara S

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended especially for Marshall.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I came down for a wedding feb 13 to 19th and enjoyed nothing about this trip. We stayed on the colonial club side which is no different than the regular side other than a few upgrades to the room but still identical. Unless you like fruity drinks 24/7 and not actual alcohol steer clear. We were supposed to have premium drinks which the bottles are tucked away behind the bar and then they try to charge you for them despite getting a receipt that stated $0. The food was horrible, no taste, meat was so tough I could not bite nor cut through it. We had a private dinner on the beach in which we served a prawn that was not deveined, who wants to eat shrimp feces in their meal. I actually got sick and had to go to the hospital. The views are nice, but ddefinitely will not be returning.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank mrswilson404
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We spent a week at the resort, our third year visiting, and had a great time. The staff is friendly and do a great job keeping guests happy.The rooms are well appointed and kept very clean. The grounds are beautifully maintained. The serpentine pool is terrific. We are booking again for January 2014.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bonnie N

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We just spent 2 weeks at Majestic and would highly recommend it! This was our 6th time in the DR and we love it!
My hubby and I have been to 3 resorts in Mexico and 3 other resorts in Punta Cana and Majestic Colonial is the nicest place we have stayed at! We found it to be medium sized compared to others we have stayed at and easy to find our way around it. It is well run & well set up. We really liked the way you could walk from the lobby almost to the beach under cover. With the way the rooms are set up there is a walkway along them that would be very helpful if it was raining. WHICH it was not while we were there! Take lots of sunscreen,(and some aloe gel- suggestion to those who need it on the plane on the way home- put some in a small container so you dont have to go without for the trip! I saw a lady slathering it on and then have to throw away her large bottle) tums and imodium if you might need them they are VERY expensive there. The resort also has offers courtesy showers for when you have to leave.
I have to say I LOVE the Dominican people! I love the way so many of them have "dance" in their pants and music in their hearts with songs that just bust out whenever!
ROOM-The rooms were very nice, we paid for an ocean view and asked for a quiet room and 1250 supplied that. The view was a bit obstructed by the Scuba shop but we could still hear and see the ocean. The beds were comfortable, not your usual hotel rock hard! Room was kept clean and mini bar re-stocked. Showers were big with GREAT water pressure! It took a long time to fill the jaccuzzi but it worked and was clean so that was nice. TV had lots of english channels.A/C was quiet and worked well. The controls were on my side of the bed so I could adjust it easily!
FOOD-The food was all good and the buffet was excellent. The service at the restaurants was very good and in the morning the 'coffee boy' would keep your cup full. We fell in love with Fransisco at the steak house and have never seen a waiter work as hard or fast as Jose! The young man literaly ran with huge platters of food! The staff seemed very happy and friendly and it was not unusally to see them grab a patron for a quick dance or twirl each other or hand out a hug or even pop a balloon ALL while giving good service. The resort should be VERY proud of their staff. There were theme nights at the buffet with different menus and different foods/deserts etc featured. We only ate at 2 of the a'la'cartes (Steakhouse and Oriental) and both were good. We saw LOTS of lobster and heard people saying it was very good.
DESERTS!- Diet before you go and then splurge! It is worth it! The deserts were great and lots of selection! The pineapple was fantastic and so was the canteloupe. I wish Canada would import Pineapple from the DR!
DRINKS-THE BEST DRINK IS THE MAJESTIC (we like it with vodka) If you like CREAMSCICLES this is the drink for you! Just be careful on any drink containing coconut cream/syrup or you could be reaching for the imodium! The bartenders are great and with a tip will remember your drink choice (we like vodka,oj & 7up which is uncommon but they did remember it!)
GOLF- We golfed once at the Punta Blanca course and were dissappointed in the value for the $ spent. (45/person for the cart one green fee/wk/person. $145/person reg. price) I know it is winter but the course is not very well kept up or watered and not very manicured. We called up Caribbean Golf & Tours and went to THE LAKES at the Barcelo Bavaro Resort complex. ($135/per/person incl cart & drinks) We stayed there before they redesigned the course and found the front 9 to be almost the same and the back 9 to be much improved. This course was VERY lush and green. Lots of water with deep slopes that swallow your balls. We went 2x to the IBEROSTATE ($135/person/with cart and water & a sandwich that had to be eaten IN the club house with a paid drink --$3 for a pop) at the Iberostar resort and really enjoyed it alot. It is set up with almost 3 different sections, normal, lots of sand and lots of water. Very nice condition and well cared for BUT VERY rolly! Lots of DEEP bunkers that looks like meteors had carved them out! Great course for the $. We played in the afternoon and got good rates. We highly recommend the Caribbean Golf & tour company and will be using their services in the future.
BEACH- The Dominican Sand is SO soft and silty! I love it! The beach was great with lots of chairs and palapas. Also lots of chairs at the very,very long pool even though the resort was almost full. IF you are LOOKING for smooth water that is great for snorkeling you will be disappointed (stay further south) The reef is quite close and the water comes in quite rough so it is not really good for snorkeling or swimming. I was knocked over a few times trying to get my fins on. I was rewarded with some pretty fish though! The location of the resort and ocean currents also makes it very hard to get a Catamaran out. If they moved them to the Elegance section and let everyone go out from there it would be much better. My hubby is quite good with a Catamaran and we got caught in the wrong current and were rescued by Christian who just hopped from his buddy's boat onto ours and we gradually made our way back. We were told that another couple had to be pulled back by a boat. We saw people struggle constantly and often noticed they had to be saved by Christian as well! lol
SPA- we each had a massage on Valentines day and both girls did a good job. We had 20% off because we travelled with Nolitours.
GROUNDS- very nice and well kept with lots of flowers
KIDS- there is a kids club that has a couple little water slides and it looked nice.
NIGHT-We didnt stay up late enough for the night time entertainment but the did put on a great Super Bowl party and I did over hear some younger people saying that the disco was fantastic!
SUGGESTIONS FOR THE RESORT- We really have no complaints at all about this resort but we do have a couple simple suggestions that would make it even better (1) put hooks on the palapa posts so people can hang bags, clothes etc to keep them out of the sand which will help keep ants out of the rooms and (2) as mentioned before move the Catamaran's to the Elegance Section and let everyone go out from there.
GENERAL OBSERVATION- Lots of road construction to improve traffic flow. If you have never been in traffic in the DR you are in for an experience! Just say they are patiently pushy and assertive! Not strange to see 2 vehicle and 3 or 4 motor bikes in the same 2 lanes parallell to each other. Inflation has hit the DR - I couldnt get a pound of coffee for less than $7 at the market (I use to pay 4 then 5 and now 7!) And, the airport is SO busy! They are expanding again!
All in all a great resort with great food, great drinks, great rooms, great beach, great sunshine and GREAT people, what more could a girl ask for????

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside (away from the pool are quieter)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple