Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
HotelsClick
$168
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
18,850 results
All reviewscolonial clubrodeo grillsupreme buffetle gourmetanimation teampunta canaswim up barjapanese restaurantchateaubriandswim up roomsteakmain buffetseafoodwet barmichael jackson showpiano barbeach restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 6, 2012

NOT TRUE ANSWERS FROM ORBITZ OR MAJESTICS COLONIAL CLUB MANAGEMENT!
First off I called Orbitz to verify if the Club was complete. They said the resort was complete. It wasn't complete. Other travel websites weren't booking the resort Club Section because they must have had more info as to not being ready. I called the Majestics number and they also said all was complete. Wrong! There was hammering and chiseling going mostly all day with the installation of some wiring in the corridor walls and the installation of the outside hottubs. Impossible to take a relaxing nap during the afternoon after visiting the wonderful beach. When we got back from dinner on our third night at 10PM, we thought we would sit on our patio to enjoy the beautiful moon and tropical setting to only find workers sitting on our patio working on the tub! During the day, the workiers would walk back and forth from swim up pation sitting, hammering, and watching the guests. Very uncomfortable situation for the ladies. It just seems that Orbitz and Majestics management were trying to pass the error back and forth to each other. I urge you to not use Orbitz for your bookings. You could end up spending money for a bad experience. Trust another website for your travels.
Other than the bad experiences mentioned above there were some very nice people who worked hard at the resort. Joan, the towel man at the club pool furthest away from the beach, was a kind person. He helped with our towels, brought drinks, and cleaned up after our lunches at pool side. He shared his knowledge about Punta Cana and how he loved working at the resort. His goal is to become a butler and let me tell you, he is ready and would be awesome. Jose was a fine bartender. He remembers your drinks and also learned how to make an Iceberg. Santa was a bar waitress who would go out of her way to make you smile. She was great. Maria at the beach in the club section always greeted us with a smile and never forgot what we were drinking. The beach was incredible! The new Club room is a nice touch. Free WiFi for everyone who can't let go of the outside world. Nice snacks and refreshments, not to mention the two great guys who worked there. Just need a change of music there. The food was so so. Last year we thought the food was better at the restaurant by the beach. Not sure that the entire butler staff is what one would expect. Ask me for anything and sometimes it might get done. Resort is the perfect size and is gorgeous minus the hammers and chisels. Would we return to the Majestics? Probably but only if we are offered a great deal for what we had to put up with. If you booked there in the near future, I would try to get my resort changed. I would think the resort work in the club section would be finished within the next 4 Punta Cana weeks. Just watch who you trust with your bookings!

Room Tip: No matter how swim up room sound, stay on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 2dollargeorge
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I were on a corporate trip at the Paradisus Palma Real for 5 days and decided to extend our stay in the D.R. by another 4 days at the Majestic Colonial. Although the review is about the Colonial, I think our perspective with the Palma Real helped shape our opinions. Although the room and grounds at the Palma Real were beautiful, the staff was nice, but didn't seem to be going out of their way for anyone. At the buffet for the Palma Real I always had to flag down someone for water and coffee and once finished my meal before anyone came back with drinks. We enjoyed our stay, but were ready to leave after 5 days. The Colonial is not as new a property as the Palma Real, but the grounds are still nice and well kept. We stayed in the new (Nov 2012) adults only Colonial Club which has its own check-in lobby and lounge; both of these areas are very well put together. The Colonial staff was outstanding on all fronts. Everyone was genuinely friendly and smiled. On the beach we were approached often for drinks (all-inclusive) and when the bartender had covered everyone she starting bringing around fresh fruit. The buffets are huge- five times the size and offering of the Palma Real. Even the 3:30 snack buffet by the beach had a full offering to fill you. The food was good and the French restaurant was great. The beach also seemed to have far less seaweed then other areas. The Colonial Club was worth the extra cost as the lounge has free wi-fi and is always stocked with food. The staff in this area took real pride in the appearance and service of the club guest. The rooms are large, but the new bed was rather firm. My only complaint is that they need foam to soften the mattresses for guest who request it. Good facility and great people- highly recommended.

Room Tip: pay the extea for the Colonial Club. They were renovated in Nov 2012- we vacationed two weeks after they just reopened and it is worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Aaron S
GMColonial, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended.
The main goal we have in Majestic is make our guest feel like at home.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have never felt so relaxed, so pampered, so well cared for, and so well accommodated on a vacation. Elena Alvarez went out of her way almost everyday while we were there to ensure that our needs were met! We were given a tour of the resort on our very first day by Lino who came back several times to check on our comfort! The food was very good! The entertainment was almost continuous and the grounds were nothing short of magnificent!!! Our room was facing the ocean and the morning sunrise was unsurpassed by anything! I am so looking for to returning to the Majestic Colonial in the very near future!! Of all the resorts I have had the opportunity to visit, the Majestic Colonial along with its staff is by far THE BEST!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank Firstlady101

Dear Guest,

It is a truly pleasure know you had such a great time with us and decide to share your experience in Majestic Colonial with others tripadvisor members. We consider the satisfaction of our clients our primary goal; your opinion is essential to the continuous improvement and maintenance of the quality of our service.
We would like to thank you for all your positive comments about our ground and our staff. I will be sure to pass it on to all our staff especially Elena Álvarez and Lino that will be more than happy to hear such positive feedback

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was an AWESOME family trip to celebrate my brothers 50th bday. On day 2 I lost my brothers ring. The ring is worth over $5000 BUT because my brother passed a few years ago its really invaluable heirloom. Guest Host Svetlana Tsoneva and housekeeper Genara Perea worked tirelessly to help me find the ring. They stayed with me the entire time I went through my emotional tirade. There was one more housekeeping supervisor BUT I dont have her name. The very happy ending~~ WE FOUND THE RING

Room Tip: ask for ocen view that is NOT obstucted, its a breath taking experience
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank mrbignj

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for all your positive comments about our ground and our staff. I will be sure to pass it on to all our staff especially Svetlana Tsoneva and Genara Perea that will be more than happy to hear such positive feedback

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Majestic Colonial from Nov 27 - Dec 3. We had a wonderful time everyone was very helpful and friendly. We loved our Butler Romone... He was the BEST!! I can't say enough good things about the employees- Joan the towel man awesome!!! Lino and Wener in the Colonial Club reception were helpful and friendly. The grounds were beautiful.. Very nice Vacation!!

Room Tip: Colonial club rooms are great! Pool is right there..
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Tammy C
GMColonial, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for all your positive comments about our ground and our staff. I will be sure to pass it on to all our staff Ramon, Joan, Lino and Wener that will be more than happy to hear such positive feedback