“Catalina Island”

El Tour Caribe - Tours
Ranked #2 of 64 Tours in Bavaro
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Canadian Owned, locally based tour operator and PADI Dive Center specializing in Scuba Diving and VIP PRIVATE BOAT CHARTER services. We can privatize or charter just about any sea excursion you wish to do. Our Regular tours offer you small groups and provide personalised snorkelling and diving experiences in Punta Cana. We can custimize your dive experience to your level of comfort and experience. We also offer all PADI Scuba Diving Courses including the PADI Discover Scuba Diving. Along with the diving we provide a wide range of Boats and Yachts available for Private Charters. We can help you organise your Team Building event, your Destination Wedding, your Corporate Retreat, or your next family travel outing. Come celebrate your birthday or wedding anniversary in style! We will take care of all the details from Floating Bar in Starfish Cay to Wedding Reception at Sunset. You dream it, we make it happen. Come and let us make this the trip of a lifetime!
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband & I visited the Dominican for the first time this past March. While there we booked a snorkeling and day excursion to Catalina Island with El Tour Caribe. This was by far the best part of our trip. It started with a private pick up from our lobby in an air conditioned SUV (no hot, crowded bus), followed by a brief tour of the island on our way to the boat. Lise was our guide for the day and she is an absolute blast!! She ensured we were well taken care of and that our day was perfect (ladies - she even had tissues on hand as the washroom stop before boarding the boat did NOT come with toilet paper...what a life saver!). Having our own exclusive tour guide was like being a celebrity. We had a number of people approach us to ask how we were able to book a private tour - only to find out that we even paid less than other people who had booked a group tour through their resort. As for the tour itself, Catalina Island is beautiful and a must see. We had a short boat ride, then a stop off for snorkeling. As I had never gone snorkeling before, it was great to have Lise as a one on one instructor. She stayed in the water with me the whole time and was able to show me the best spots - the underwater sights are incredible! Then we got back on the boat and made our way to Catalina Island. Once there we had a great lobster lunch on the beach and spent a couple of hours swimming and lounging in the sun. Beaches in the Dominican are great, but the one at Catalina Island was just stunning. The water was super clear and you can walk out for what feels like miles. Lise was a wonderful, wonderful guide!! She's very knowledgeable about the island and highly skilled when it comes to the tours they provide. I highly recommend booking with El Tour Caribe - you won't regret it!!! Just book early to avoid disappointment!

1  Thank sfior
ElTourCaribe, Owner at El Tour Caribe - Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for sharing your snorkeling experience during our VIP Catalina Island Snorkel tour with the Trip Advisor community. It was a pleasure taking you out to this wonderful snorkeling paradise and guiding you in the water as you learned the hang of snorkeling. We take pride at El Tour Caribe that every person gets to experience first hand the wonders of the underwater world of the Dominican Republic wether they snorkel or dive. We look forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for El Tour Caribe - Tours

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We utilized El Tour Caribe to arrange out excursion -VIP Dunebuggies Cap Cana. It was a 4 hour tour driving dune buggies. We drove them first to Juanillo beach(beautiful beach with swimming ) and then back in the buggies and we then drove them to the blue hole water caves which we jumped in and swam in for about 1/2 hour...We stayed at Catalonia Royale and they arranged a bus to pick us up at the hotel and then we met up with an open air bus that took us to the park where the Dune Buggy tour took place .We arranged tour thru email and payed cash when we were picked up. Enjoyed the tour and would not hesitate to use El Tour Caribe again to arrange our excursion as it went smoothly.

2  Thank marica810

Thank you for sharing your experience on our ever popular VIP Cap Cana Dunebuggy tour. It was a pleasure helping you plan this excursion during your stay in Punta Cana. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future and showing you even more of what the beautiful Dominican Republic has to offer.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I've snorkelled many, many times in the past but Lise and Edwar have the best company in the Caribbean! Personalized, friendly and knowledgable are only a few of their best attributes. We felt extremely at ease and had a thoroughly enjoyable swim and beautiful beach-side BBQ'd meal (with fresh lobster)! Never before have we had such an amazing feast after snorkelling. Lise and Edwar thank you for such an amazing day, see you next year for sure!

2  Thank Mtall38

Thank you for sharing your VIP Catalina Snorkeling tour experience with the Trip Advisor community. We loved taking you out snorkeling in the crystal waters of the Dominican Republic. We are glad you enjoyed your beach BBQ lunch and that the lobster helped make it that much more special. We hope to see you again soon and take you see more of the wonders of Punta Cana.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I spent a week in Punta Cana and had the pleasure and luck to bump into Liz on the beach while on a tour with our resort. Found out what she did and did not hesitate to book a couple outings. We went scuba diving in 5 different places and they all were awesome! They went above and beyond my expectations. They not only were so personable and friendly we felt like we were hanging with friends the entire time. Edwar spent his own time after hours to make us a CD of local music to listen too and made us a DVD of our adventured with them. He had the Go Pro rolling most of the time so there was some great footage! My wife and I will never forget our honeymoon and the new friends we made. Thank you Liz and Edwar!

1  Thank aemotorsports

Dear fellow divers, thank you for sharing your scuba diving experiences here in Punta Cana with the Trip Advisor community. We really enjoyed taking you to our favorite dive sites around the Dominican Republic. We are glad that the moments Edwar captured for you on film will bring back great moments of your honeymoon for a long time to come. We are honored to have played a role in making your honeymoon unforgetable!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had the pleasure of going for the first scuba dive of my life with El Tour Caribe. I always wanted to try scuba diving but never trusted the safety that a "one hour pool lesson" at an all-inclusive resort would offer. On this trip to Punta Cana I was travelling solo. Lise & Edwar were very professional and their safety standards made me feel comfortable right from the start. Lise took her time with me so I could get very comfortable with the 5 skills before committing to a dive. The next day, I went on shallow reef dive followed by a wreck dive. I'M HOOKED!!!! Thanks a lot guys. lol

Trust me, as a first-time diver I can assure you that you will have a safe experience. For those more experienced divers there is so much they have to offer in these crystal blue waters. Catalina next time kids.

I hope to go on some of their other tours and am particularly interested in checking out the new Cueva Fun Fun tour. I heard about those caves on my last visit to Punta Cana and they sound amazing!!!

Looking forward to the next adventure guys. Thanks again for making it a memorable experience. One more thing I can check off my bucket list. :)

1  Thank Colette C

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us at El Tour Caribe with the Trip Advisor community. We are proud that our focus on safety first and personalized service doesn't go unnoticed and we are especially pleased to have help you shorten your bucket list by introducing you to the wonderful world of scuba diving. You did it!! Hurry back! Your next adventure in Cueva Fun Fun caves awaits your return!