“Honeymoon”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Honeymoon”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to Punta Cana. I was at the Melia Caribe Tropical for 6 days and 5 nights. Each night my husband and I visited the Lobby because of our experience with Rigoberto Castillo. He is one of the best bartenders I've ever met. He's very entertaining and he knows what drink you want before you even order. I can't wait to go back for a visit.

2 Thank rwclontz

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible”
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time travelling out of the country and my experience was simply amazing! This resort was heaven on earth! The staff were super friendly and attentive they made you feel like VIP. There was a bartender named Rigoberto that was a magician when it came to making drinks. He was skilled at mixing flavors and spirits to meet the customers desires. Rigoberto was amazing! He was so attentive to our preferences and he made every drink like it was art!

2 Thank PalomaSandy
Staten Island, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“All Smiles From Us!!!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

From Newark to Punta Cana airport (3hrs& 25mins) everything went smoothly.. I did my research And boy am I glad.
Jumped in cab pay $30 like the trip-advisor said to pay to get to Melia in 20mins checked.. in at pool by 12:30

Upgraded upon arrival (highly recommended) and So Grateful I did!
Been here 15yrs ago was a little uptight about going although, I wish I could remember the Check in Guys who made us feel at home-- what a sweet guy!
THEN came our Butler "Samuel Reinoso" Love him cant wait to go but just to see that Happy Guy always Smiling...
LOL and his side kick Vicente DeJesus (sorry if spelled wrong Vicente) one day I needed his Help and he jumped right on it like no bodies business....what a helpful person all around!
The "Gabi"... Christian, Miguel And Evelyn Thank you thank you & thank you You made it so easy for our Girls (12,8) with their food allergies. (Tree-nuts)
I was so nervous about how they would eat and Christian got the chief and reassured me!
Miguel You are just as sweet as they come!! Loved my champagne didn't ever have to ask for a refill ;))
Evelyn Cueto your a doll works hard and has 3 babies at home Wonder-women.
And of course special thanks to Mr. Hiche thank you.

Overall my pros & cons: Pros out weigh the cons FOR sure.
You know one of my last reviews read before booking Melia Someone very wise said...your on Vacation..."VACATION", Just enjoy your time and stay positive... And thats Exactly What we all did!!!
Samuel My Friend Until We meet again I hope you wear the FDNY T-shirt my Husband gave you!! :))))))))) God bless you & family Mr. Reinoso.
The Private Beach, Pool, butler and restaurant services because of upgrade was So worth it.
Ok my ONLY negative was ..... Please Melia Please get Rid of that Musty Smell I mean really--- for a what almost 5star hotel i should be smelling Roses On those Gorgeous Grounds of yours (thank you Gardeners)
Figure it out already.
Everyone
Barbara

Visited February 2014
4 Thank Change08
Flushing, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You will not find a bartender/friend like Rigaberto!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

2014 ~What a great guy! We had so much fun with him and he treated us just like family. Got to know him a short period of time and he, hands down was our favorite! Lots of fun, had us try several different variations of drinks, et al! His personality is very fun, and respectful. Our time with him is a lifelong memory! Thank you Rigaberto! :)

Visited March 2014
1 Thank sue n
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Big isn't always better”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

After one week at the melia I finally know my way around here but unfortunately it's time to go home. The place is much to large which, as a solo traveler, makes it difficult to interact with other guests. However if you are a couple I can't imagine that you would be disappointed with any of it here. My room was definitely geared for romance. A huge Jacuzzi for two a few feet from the king size bed surrounded by mirrors. Outside in the patio yard a comfy canopy bed nestled amongst the palms and very quiet in the adults only section.
There are many areas you can eat from the buffets or you can make reservations for some seven restaurants which quite frankly didn't impress me in service or cuisine.
I truly believe that the melia would be more successful if they did two things. One, figure a way to coordinate more well advertised events where the guests would congregate in one area and two figure a way the guests could figure out these massive grounds in one or two days instead of a whole week.

3 Thank dagreeko