“Wonderful diving experience”
Review of Happy Dive Center

Happy Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Diving is fun and safe! More over, it is easily included in the vacation planning.You do not have any experience, would like to try diving? Then, you are in the right place!!! We are located in the Dominican Republic. We have a 100% safety record.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I decided to try diving for the first time of my life and just a couple of days before arriving to the Dominican Republic I decided to contact Happy Dive Center. I got quick replies from Debbie and decided to do the three day open water course.

I was a bit worried since I was doing this alone, but Harry was very professional and made me feel comfortable with the equipment and under water. Before this I was actually a bit afraid of being under water. I could not have felt more welcomed and more valued as a customer with Harry and Debbie. I definitely made the right decision to dive with Happy Dive Center since I don't think I would have been as comfortable with the bigger overpriced dive companies that take on several people on their diving excursions. It felt safe having one-on-one lessons.

If I ever go back to DR (and hopefully I will) I will definitely dive with Harry again! Their customer service is absolutely the best! You won't regret booking them for any excursions!

Thank you Harry and Debbie! :)

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had a great time diving with Harry and Ricardo. They were both very professional and stressed the importance of safety both prior to diving and when we were actually in the water. My last dive had been 18 months earlier to obtain my Open Water certification, so I am fairly inexperienced. This was not a problem for Harry and Ricardo. They took things slowly and made me feel very comfortable with everything we did. They are very friendly people, I couldn't have asked for a better diving experience. I also greatly enjoyed the conversation with Harry while on the road to and from the dive shop. He explained a lot about the culture and life in the Dominican. Harry's wife Debbie was very quick to respond to emails and answer all questions. Everything was just as they told me it would be. When I get back to the Dominican I will not think of looking anywhere else, only diving with Harry. I highly recommend the Happy Dive Center to anyone.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

If you are looking for a one on one lesson with a seasoned professional, this is the excursion for you! We were able to go at our own pace and have a wonderful day. Harry even took us to a beautiful "pool" in the middle of the sea. Good experience for a great price!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Excellent personal service that was very enjoyable. Debbie was wonderful and personally made sure we were safe, happy, and well taken care of. The car ride to the boat was very informative regarding the culture, history, and sight seeing during the car ride. The snorkeling was great, the food on the island was excellent, and the entire trip was great. I would recommend this event and agency to everyone.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We booked the Catalina trip through Happy Dive Center because we were looking for a full-day snorkel package. It was easy to get in touch with Debbie to work out the details. It was only when Happy's people got the two of us and the other woman who had also booked with Happy to the boat from La Romana over to Catalina that they learned about 90 other people were also booked for the day. The owners of the boat said Happy's people would not be allowed to join us as our guides for the snorkelling and scuba because the boat was full.

Even with that, the trip itself was fine but not as good as it would have been with guides. The really impressive customer service came when we got back into La Romana. Happy Harry was there to meet us personally and he was livid at the overbooking. He said he would not deal with these people again because they clearly did not share his commitment to the best customer experience possible. He refused to accept the full price we had agreed on -- something you don't see very often. He told us that he had built this business based on good customer service, not getting a quick buck. With that kind of commitment to customers, I look forward to going back to Punta Cana to learn to scuba with Happy Dive Center.

1  Thank voxpop2000