“Overcrowded, Underwhelmed”

Book In Advance
More Info
$98.00*
and up
Ultimate Adventure Combo: Parasailing,Speed Boat...
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We dove and para-sailed with Seapro Divers. In short they sell to a lot of people and have no capacity controls. The dive was short, the para-sail was short and crowded. Wouldn't book with this company again. There are other companies in the area that seemed to be less crowded and provide a better experience.

1  Thank tufatraveler
in 5 reviews
"snorkeling excursion"
"larger boat"

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I just returned from a trip to the Dominican Republic staying at the Punta Cana Princess May 31 to June 15, 2014. Sea Pro Divers maintained a dive shop at the resort. Being an experienced diver I usually use an independent operator shying away from resort operators as they tend to focus on new divers. I could not find one in Punta Cana do decided to bite the bullet and sign up for Sea Pro for convenience. I was pleasantly surprised to find Sea Pro met all my needs on the trip. I found them online and communication with Jenny was superb. I purchased a 10 dive package and got great discounts making the diving as affordable as anywhere else I have been. Punta Cana diving is shallow only about 40-50 feet. to get deeper you need to go to the Caribbean side down near Catalina Island.

Sea Pro picked me up at my resort and transported me by one of their water taxis to the resort that had their main office and equipment, about a 5 minute ride. I think my son and I were the only divers at Punta Cana Princess as we were the only ones ever picked up and people looked at me like I was form Mars when I went to the breakfast buffet in my skin suit. It was handy that Sea Pro kept my equipment hanging for me so all I had to do was collect it every morning. I prefer to hook up my own BCD and regulator to my tank,superstitious you see. you put it on and head to the boat.

My first dive was only one other diver and me. The two dive masters I went with were great, Pacquito and Caesar. Pacquito took the other diver and me, both experienced to a complex set of coral caverns you had to really work to get through, great dive. We also went to a shipwreck that eerily reminded me of the Antilla off of Aruba that was sunk in WWII. The thing looked like it was blow up. The waters off Punta Cana are gorgeous,but the coral and visibility is not what you would get from places like Cozumel or Curacao. About 60-80 foot visibility, neutral colors,average marine life but I enjoyed the dives.

My other dives were with small groups with fairly good experienced divers. Caesar led these,a very capable dive master. I was not disappointed with the bottom times, Sea Pro was very good at separating dives between levels of experience. I usually had to come up with about 1200 psi in my tank as the others were at depleted stage but I'm ok with that. I never dove with brand new certified divers. My last dive had more people around 10, but Pacquito and Caesar both went and they divided the group with the newer divers going with one and the more experienced with another.I think Sea Pro does a good job with diving by ability. I pretty much enjoyed full rein of exploring the reefs and didnt feel the divemaster pushing me to move along,very thankful for that.My only negative on that dive was we ran into a cattle boat operation and got enveloped with a huge group of totally new divers,about 20 of them thrashing about, but that wasnt our dive operators fault. The other operator was totally insensitive that a group was there first.

I wanteded to go on their Catalina Island Excursion to dive the wall there but my wife wanted to just relax at the resort. Maybe next time. We love the DR and will definitely be back and I have absolutely no reservations in using Sea Pro Divers again and enjoyed their services. I would recommend them to all of my fellow experienced divers, they are a resort dive outfit without the feel of being affiliated with any resorts.

1  Thank dswenk
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We booked a 4 day, 16 dive trip at Punta Cana with Seaprodivers online. Jennifer was very helpful, answered and addressed every concern. My daughter is a relatively new diver and the team went out of their way to make sure this was a great experience. The divemasters did pre-dive briefings before every dive going through the dive plan and reviewing hand signals.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I rented the Kitesurf equipment. Jarin and Felix (the instructors) were very friendly and helpful and they took care of me very properly. To be recommended!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 27, 2014

While on a trip to Punta Cana I decided to get my open water dive certificate, on my 62 birthday! Originally I signed up for the SSI Diver program, but when I learned about the limitations I decided to up grade to the PADI Open Water program and it was the right decision. I was staying at the Melia Caribe Tropical which was a quick walk down the beach from the Seapro training facility. Jennifer my dive instructor was great! She worked with each of to ensure we understood the program and knew how to be safe. My only complaint was that Jennifer needed a BIGGER ROOM to teach in! It really was fun diving with her, great staff, great dives! I'll be back.

1  Thank jayxiii