Tripadvisor
Bavaro
14,072 results
All reviews romance suite travel club sports bar a la carte restaurants dominican republic spanish restaurant junior suites make reservations language barrier bell boy family vacation saona island bottle of rum beautiful beach palm trees steak great vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

cant say enough good things about this place. food was good in all restaurants.service was fast Lewis the bell man was the best couldn't do enough for you you could always find a lounge either at the pool or the beach. mini fridge always stocked every day bud beer water and sodas

Trip type: Traveled with family
GelsonZC, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Redtruck12,

Thank you so much for your awesome review! It makes us truly happy to learn that you enjoyed your time with us and we succeeded in achieving your satisfaction. Comments like yours motivate us to keep doing our best every day to improve in all aspects and deliver an excellent service to our guests.

We look forward to your next visit.

Our best regards!
Gelson Zorrilla

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Let me begin this review by stating that Punta Cana is absolutely beautiful. The Bavaro Beach stretch of Punta Cana is even more stunning! This review, however, is not for Punta Cana generally, it’s for the Grand Palladium Bavaro resort specifically. I’ll list below the PROS and CONS of our experience.

PROS
1) The location of the resort is absolutely stunning! The beach is gorgeous and kept immaculate with ample beach chairs and many palapas (palm leaf umbrellas).

2) The food was overall great. The breakfast and lunch buffets were okay, but the a la carte dinner restaurants were exceptional! We very much enjoyed the Argentinian restaurant La Paisana and the Italian restaurant Portofino. We also loved the meal from First Wine, and the food from the sports bar was pretty good, too.

3) The room was well-maintained and was kept very clean. The daily room cleaning service was great (we were sure to express our gratitude with tips).

4) The resort grounds were also kept immaculate. There are men raking, gardening, and landscaping in the early morning hours and their effort really does shine through the beauty of the grounds.

5) Being generous to those serving you really does seem to mean a lot to the employees. It’s clear they are very grateful for the extra money they work hard for.

CONS
1) Upon arrival we were introduced to our concierge, Josue. Josue assured us he’d be available to us for anything we’d need. He then told us to meet him in the morning for a tour of the property where he said he’d show us where the various restaurants are, the location of the pools, as well as the spa. He also mentioned that they had a welcome gift for us. The morning came and though we were anxious to get to the beach and enjoy our first full day there, we were reminded to meet Josue by his several calls to our room. We decided we didn’t want to leave Josue hanging so we kept our time to meet him. Upon getting to the lobby we were greeted by Josue, seemingly enthusiastic to take us on our tour. We hopped in the golf cart with him. He gave us no tour of the property; said nothing about the pools or restaurants or spa, he simply dropped us off at another building and told us this is where we’d get our “welcome gift” (you know where this is going). After talking with one of the sales reps at what was now clearly a hard timeshare sell, we told her we weren’t interested and didn’t even intend on hearing about it but were manipulated into being there. She continued to ask personal financial questions and questions about our vacation habits (or lack thereof, because apparently the fact that this was our first vacation without kids in over 5 years isn’t “healthy” or “practical”). I realize she was just doing her job but we told her we wanted to leave and get to the beach. She then called her manager (a French gentleman) over who sat down and began to engage us all over again. After being pushed even harder we told them that the only reason we were there was because we thought we were getting a tour of the property and receiving a welcome gift. His response was that the welcome gift is only for those who sit through a 90-minute presentation for their Travel Club. At this point we were there for over 60 minutes. I finally pushed back and said, “The one word that describes this entire experience—a word each of us can understand in our native languages—is deception. We were deceived into believing something to be true that wasn’t. And I think we can all agree that this kind of deception is wrong.” At that we stood up to leave and, to his credit, the manager extended the welcome gift of a free 30-minute spa treatment to each of us. Nothing was worth the time we wasted and the pressure we experienced, especially during a vacation where I’m paying to find a respite from the stress and pressures of everyday life. Needless to say, this experience soured everything else that came afterward.

2) At a later day in the trip I called the spa to make a reservation for the 30-minute spa treatments and requested a 30-minute foot scrub treatment for the both of us. I confirmed everything over the phone with them, but when we arrived for our appointments we were told that the voucher is only good for a “back massage” and cannot be used for anything else unless upgraded for a fee, even though I already had clarified all of this over the phone when i made the reservations. Again, more deception and another example of poor hospitality and customer service.

3) Another very disheartening thing was the utter amount of food waste! My wife and I witnessed all of the untouched leftover food from different buffets getting dumped into garbage cans. In a country where over 20% of the population lives in extreme poverty, I’d imagine they can think of better methods to disposing their extra food. There was even one night when we ordered dinner from Portofino and had a bit leftover. We asked for something small to put the leftover food in to bring back to our room and the server had to ask permission. He was told they don’t allow that, so we were denied the option of taking the leftovers. Apparently, they can’t allow any of their patrons to bring leftover food back to their rooms because that would interfere with room service, which I would have understood thad it not been for the fact that the food was going to get trashed regardless.

4) We went to the Xtra Time Sports Bar on a Saturday evening when the UFC was airing. Though they have many televisions and air a wide variety of sports, they were unable to air the much-anticipated UFC event.

5) The mini-bar in the room has a couple sodas and two beers. We requested some red wine when we were in the lobby and were told that a bottle would be delivered. It never arrived.

6) There is also a huge language barrier to be mindful of. They don’t cater to English-speaking Americans (which is fine, because it seems we’re only a small percentage of their clientele), but some of the staff knew very-little-to-no English.

7) I was excited to travel with my travel-sized portable video drone to get some nice video footage of Punta Cana. I registered my drone and researched and contacted the Dominican aviation authority and everything was set. I did get some pretty awesome footage! But one day when I was about to use it (away from crowds and the like) the Accommodation Deputy Director, Yulissa Mari, approached me and told me I cannot use the drone. I assured her I was aware of the laws and was abiding by all of them and that I even had contacted the aviation authority, she told me I needed permission from the police. Not only was it clear that she wasn’t familiar with the drone laws she was attempting to enforce, her entire attitude about the whole situation was awful. It’s one thing to say, “I’m not certain if that’s allowed, but give me your room number and I’ll find out for you,” but it’s another thing entirely to embarrass one of your vacationers by talking down to him and against him as if he’s your enemy.

8) Another thing to note, this is a family resort (well, it’s supposed to be). Though my wife and I traveled without our kids we were fully aware of the presence of children. In spite of this, there were some women who opted to go topless on the beach. It was obvious some mothers were getting annoyed and frustrated, but the staff just gawked and never even bothered to approach the women. Bavaro beach is not meant to be a nude beach, especially at a family resort right next to the children’s beach activities.

9) Finally, the vendors on the beach were plentiful. Most of them were very kind and professional, just trying to make a living. They understand that a simple “no, thank you” means to move along. However, there were multiple cigar vendors—who had apparently seen me as a soft target because I could occasionally be seen smoking a cigar—who approached me and asked if I was interested in purchasing cocaine or weed. They then proceeded to show me both illicit items. I’m not offended by the act of being approached, but more so by the fact that we were approached at a family resort with many children present. Add to this the reality that the resort security guards present on the beach were quite aware of this activity and didn’t make any attempts to address it.

Sorry for being long-winded, I just wanted to convey as much information as possible in this review. Based upon my assessment and experience of Grand Palladium Bavaro, the cons outweigh the pros. I do highly recommend Punta Cana as a destination, but I DO NOT recommend the Palladium Hotel Group chain of resorts. Do yourself a favor and find another resort known for their customer service, hospitality, and safety/security, because you won’t find much of that at Grand Palladium.

7  Thank pastorkencarlson
mariarizzi1, Customer Care at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear pastorkencarlson,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion with the Trip Advisor Community.

On the one hand, we are happy to find out that you enjoyed our food quality, our rooms and locations.

On the other one, we regret the other ones enlisted in your review that for sure we have already reported to our Management Team. It is our intention always to improve our guests ' experience while they are in our property.

Getting our visitors' satisfaction , is our nonnegotiable priority. We regret that we could not meet your expectations.

We hope that in the future, you will decide to offer us a new chance and be witness of the improvement measures applied.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great place to visit for vacation checkin was great room is beautiful all the bars accommodation dinner service awesome definitely recommend to try the indian restaurant and steak house best dinner we had.

Trip type: Traveled with family
GelsonZC, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Nilu0619,

We look forward to your next visit.

Our best regards!
Gelson Zorrilla

Reviewed January 22, 2020 via mobile

Our visit was simply amazing.
We had a lot of help from an angel called Marlenny, from costumer service, she was the best! Very attentive and helpful!
We also loved the Japanese restaurant, such a great show!

Everyone was kind to us and we felt really welcomed. The romance suit is breathtaking and a really lovely place to spend honeymoon! ❤️

We believe the only downside was the many people trying to sell us stuff everywhere in the hotel (from souvenires to small trips)

It was really paradise, thank you for everything (specially Marlenny)!

Lots of love,
Gabriela and Flavio

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SachencaN, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2020

Dear Gabrielaguastalli,

We are very thankful for your kindness in dedicating your valuable time to comment your experience with us.

At Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa we strive with devotion to offering to our guests' delightful memories back home. We are pleased to know that Marleny did her best to make your stay special.

We would be very happy to host you again soon. Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Our very best regards,

Sachenca Núñez

Reviewed January 22, 2020

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, it was our second visit to the resort. My only issue with the whole holiday was the quality and selection of food within the buffet at dinner time. With that being said there is a vast selection of restaurants to choose from but waiting times can be quite lengthy. Apart from this I could not fault our experience.

Dear JonkY6348PJ,

We would like to thank you for your preference in selecting Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, as your preferred destination as well as, by the time you’ve taken to let us know about your recent experience.

We put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinions to keep on improving the quality of our level of services. It is truly a great pleasure to confirm that you have experienced an outstanding holiday experience with us.

We appreciate your suggestion because just by knowing your opinion and the others from our dear guests, we will be able to keep on improving our standards and facilities accordingly to your needs.

Thanks once more for having chosen us as your preferred destination and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you once again in the future.

Kind regards,