Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
10,439 results
All reviewssports barimperial clubtravel clubromance suitemare nostrumthe punta cana sectiona la carte restaurantsdominican republicspanish restaurantjunior suitesapple repmake reservationsmaster suitesaona islandlanguage barrierthe bell boybottle of rum
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Guests were about 25% Canadian / American, 25% Spanish / Portugese speaking, and 50% European (Russians, Germans were the most common nationality). With the heavy European presence came topless sunbathers – only about 10 across the entire week. And there were a lot of smokers. Smoking was not allowed in the closed air buildings, but of course most of the buildings were open air.

Probably the most beautiful beach I’ve ever been to. I’ve never seen palm trees grow directly in the sand but that is what you’ll experience.

Because it is a public beach, there are a lot of people selling stuff. It wasn’t overbearing, but could get annoying. The closer you were to the water the more likely you would get sold to. Necklaces, bags, sunglasses, and excursions were the most common.

The grounds were very well kept in our hotel. There were mosquitoes in our room every night – I believe the maid kept the door open while cleaning and let them in. We were on a mission to kill them every night or suffer the consequences (night bites). My wife found a cockroach while I was not in the room. Power went out 2 times early in the week. Nothing resort specific, I don’t believe, and I had read that this was “relatively common” in other TripAdvisor postings. The restaurants seemed to be on backup power as their power did not go out (the Lobby did).

Food was OK. Japanese restaurant was amazing. The rest just OK.

FYI there is a $10/person “tourist fee”, which I was not aware of, when we entered the country.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Chad A
Rsegarra, Director General at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear. Mr.Chad A

Foremost we would like to thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to share your experience after having stayed with us at Punta Cana Retort & Spa.

We regret any inconvenience you may have endured with our services. Please be advised that these unfortunate occurrences you have experienced are isolated and do not frequently happen in our facilities or services. Nonetheless, we will be attentive in order to prevent future coincidences.

We hope to have opportunity to serve you in the future without uneventful.

Kindest Regards.

R Segarra

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I live in the City of New York & absolutely love it here but on my vacation break I simply crave the tranquility and beauty of the Caribbean, for that well needed escape from city life. I have been to Jamaica a few times but this trip along with my fiance, we decided on visiting Dominica Republic for a change. We booked and stayed at this beautiful resort, for a 8 days & 7 nights. Let me begin by saying the experience was, A-mazing! From checking in to checking out, we were so well received. The staff especially at the front desk were such an efficient group, we felt very welcome and immediately at ease, how readily they were to assist us. When we got to our room it was so beautiful, and inviting. Our experience waking up each morning literally felt like paradise. It was such a pleasure getting up, getting dressed for the tropical scenery, looking forward to breakfast and just simply exploring the gorgeous facilities and amenities of the resort. Dining for dinner was one of our favorite experience. The restaurants served excellent meals, pleasant waiters/ waitresses. We enjoyed most of all going to the Italian restaurant called "La Trattoria" it has such beautiful ambiance and the food is amazing!

We did'nt do much wondering away from the resort since this trip was primarily to relax. Our days were spent mostly at the beach. We loooved going to the beach, rather than the pool side and since we wanted to take every advantage of the beautiful white sand and the amazingly calming waters. It was such a soothing and tranquil experience for us there.
The number one thing we absolutely admired though, whilst walking along the beach or in and around the resort, was that the grounds were always so clean and well kept. Workers absolutely did a great job at that. I commend them on such positive attitudes, for always smiling, and being such welcoming set of people - that Dominican charm sure captured our hearts every time.

I would definitely recommend this resort. The facilities, the service, the staff, location, everything was just what we expected and more from a Caribbean get away. My fiance and I will definitely be going back for round 2 of paradise!

• Stayed: November 2013
5  Thank Toni-Ann P

Dear Mrs. Toni-Ann P.

Thank you for having chosen The Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa as your home in Punta Cana as your preferred destinations in this special occasion as well as for letting future travelers knows about your relaxing and wonderful stay.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future in order to offer you a memorable experience by surpassing your expectations.

Kindest Regards.

R Segarra.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We visited Punta Canada from Nov 29 to Dec 13 and once again it was FANTASTICO. We stayed at the Palace. This was our 14th trip to this resort and hopefully we will have at least 14 more. There 4 adults on this trip and live was good. Renovations are ongoing and things the updates are wonderful. The Mexican, Spanish and Oriental restaurants have had upgrades and they are excellent. If you have been here before you will not recognize them. La Catedral buffet was totally redone and you won't believe it. I am always amazed reading reviews of this resort and what people complain about. You are in paradise so relax and just sit back and watch the world go by. We are blessed that we have met so many wonderful people from around the world that we see each time we return to our segunda casa. We are also blessed that the Dominican people treat us like family and allow us to be a part of their families. We went to the LUJO Car Wash with El Tiburon, Janiel, Norky, Svetlana and Julie (2 lovely sisters from Russia). We never felt unsafe or threatened. We spent 5 hours talking, drinking and listening to the music. We spent the day at Playa Macao with our familia dominicana. Fresh fish caught right off shore is available for purchase. You choose your fish, they prepare and cook it for you and serve it with french fries, plantain and salad. It is to die for. A few cuba libre or a couple of cervaza and your meal is complete. Again it is about the people and getting to know them.
If you have read any of my previous reviews you will know that I cannot say enough about this wonder hotel and the amazing people that we are proud to call our family. Spend a little time getting to know the people and you will return time and time again. My spanish is limited but manners are appreciated in any culture. Don't worry that the TV isn't a flat screen or that you had to wait for your coffee, or that there was tiles missing from the pool. These are not the things that make for a great vacation. It is the people that you meet, the sites that you see, the new friendships that you start and the fact that you are not at home working or shovelling snow. Thanks to ALL of our familia dominicana especially El Tiburon, Janiel , Rene, Patricia, Maribel, Carmen, Caridad, Ginette, Octavio, Leandro, Fernelis, Franklin, Ana Esther. Roberto, Rosa, Delvin, Jesus, Lusany, Jorge, Mirpil, Odil and all the rest that made this vacation and all of the other s a FANTASTICO time. We are returning on April 11 for 2 weeks and our youngest son has said that he will be getting married at the Palace so we have booked 2 weeks for November 28 as well. 3 out of 3 children married here as well as my wife and I renewing are wedding vows for our 25th anniversary must say something about this place. Relax, enjoy and say hi to our family when you go.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AbueloElkford_BC

Dears Sres. AbueloElkford_BC

The family of The Grand palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa is honored in receiving your valuable comments.

We are proud to hear about your satisfaction on this trip as well as with your recognition on the attentiveness demonstrated by many of our staff members during your stay.

They will be very happy to be congratulated and knowing they have surpassed your expectations.

We look forward to have you back soon.

Kindest Regard!

R. Segarra

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We have just returned from 2 weeks holiday, having spent Christmas & New Year at the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa
I would go as far to say it was the best holiday I have ever had and the service was second to none.
My son is 5 yrs old and spent a couple hours each afternoon at kids club, run very professionally by the team of staff lead by Isabel, the activities that he did were fab and he looked forward to returning each time
The food in the dining room was of excellent standard and we were never disappointed, waiters Luis & Franklin made each night very special for us.
Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve celebrations were outstanding with spectacular display of food, the complex was trimmed up beautiful and Santa flew onto the football pitch in a helicopter, the kids went wild as you can imagine!!
We didn't go to the speciality restaurants as my son got tired quite early after a full day playing and we were more than happy with the dining room.
Two on site theatres provided good entertainment each evening
We will definitely be returning in the near future as it has everything you need and more.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Caroline A
Rsegarra, Gerente at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear. Mrs. Caroline A.

We are proud to hear about your satisfaction on this trip as well as with your recognition on the attentiveness demonstrated by the waiters Luis & Franklin during your stay.

We look forward to have you back soon.

Kindest Regard!.

R. Segarra

Reviewed January 2, 2014

If you want a pleasant stay in Punta Cana, stay AWAY from this hotel and its other hotels (all “Grand Palladium” – they’re all the same).
The staff is not prepared to deal with tourists and are everything but helpful. I stayed six days (including New Year’s Eve) and I will point out some things that happened which will make me avoid any hotel from the Fiesta Group:

1. Terrible Service: arrived at the beach 10:30am and went to exchange my towel card for a clean towel. No towel left! The guy just rudely said that he couldn’t do anything for us and that we had to go to the beach without towels. In the afternoon I grabbed a banana from a fruit table they were setting up and a staff ran up to me getting the banana from my hand and screaming that I couldn’t eat it. WTF?! I stared at her not understanding the situation. Cmon, it’s a banana for God’s sake. Besides that, there’s absolutely no one at the beach to help you out with drinks or setting up the chairs. Everything you have to do it yourself. If you want a drink, get up, walk and get it. During lunch or dinner, we usually had to get our own silverware, water and drinks because we were ignored many times.

2. Food: it’s the worst quality you can ask for. After being sick a couple of times, I was eating rice, hamburger and potatoes everyday (for lunch and dinner). I skipped breakfast everyday since nothing was fresh and of poor quality for a ‘five-star’ hotel. One day they simply ran out of hamburgers so you had to find yourself something else to eat.

3. A La Carte Restaurants: took us almost two hours to get a table for four to the Brazilian Restaurant which was everything but Brazilian food. Terrible food and the waitress one time told us that she could not serve us the main dish because we had to eat the rice first! What? What if I don’t eat rice or I don’t feel like doing so? They were basically saying what we had to eat.

4. Internet: very expensive and free only at the lobby. However, even at the lobby it’s a very slow connection. Don’t even try being connected at this hotel.

5. Wrong information: went to the store at the hotel which sells everything from souvenirs to cookies. The opening times are from 7am – 10:45pm (as painted on the door). Arrived at 10:30pm and it was closed. Called the lady to open it up telling her I just wanted some cookies for breakfast and she looked at me, said it was closed and walked away. How rude! Went to the front desk and the supervisor said he couldn’t do anything because the store does not belong to the hotel. But who actually buys at it? Its guests right?

6. Staff: they are inconvenient and keep flirting with you if you’re an unaccompanied lady. Very very rude.

Definitely, would NEVER recommend this to anyone as it can make your Punta Cana experience the worst ever.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Rsegarra, Director General at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Dear. Mrs. LudmilaT,

I regret sincerely to learn about your experience and I truly regret and apologize for the impression you may have received due to the attitude of some of our staff. I reiterate my apologies for the inconvenience you may have had due to these facts, this is not in any way the image that we want to project.

RegardIng to your observations related with some of our services please be advised that our managing was informed about these particular situations you experienced.

Be assured that corrective and preventive measures have been determined with the departments involved in order to avoid similar coincidences in the future.

Please let this not be a motive to not stay with us in the future where we would like to serve you without uneventful.

R Segarra.