Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$241
$561
$178
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $220/night.

$270
Melia.com
$153
HotelsClick
5,268 results
All reviewstheatre areamain poolsunwing repfoam partya la carte restaurantsnachosan ocean view roombeautiful beachpalm treesdominican republicanimation teamswim up barsaona islandpasta stationrecommend this resortbavaro beachnice resort
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The thing I liked the most about this resort was that it looked nice. The staff were friendly, besides the cooks and the people at the front desk. You can't enjoy a nice day at the beach because of all the seaweed making a wall between you and the water. My building didn't have a working elevator, so we had to walk up a ramp, then 3 sets of stairs to get to our room multiple times a day. The first night was fine. It was a chill room with the best shower. The next morning I woke up with a red mark on my arm, later on during the day it started hurting. We got home late. The maid cleaned, I forgot about the bite. I took a shower, laid down, went to sleep. The next morning it was I woke up with even more bites on my arms. Eventually, 2 days later I had more bites on my arms and legs, and they were, and still are excruciatingly itchy. I never reported it because I thought I was just having a mild reaction to something and didn't think of it to be bed bugs until my sisters started getting them as well. My mom and I counted, I have over 25 bites on my body. I'm afraid that I brought them home with me. I took a shower and washed all my clothes, but I don't know what to do with my suitcase. The food was terrible, except the ice cream, fudge balls, fish, and some rice. On the beach, and even inside the resort itself, promoters keep harassing you, even after you've said no to them or have already did whatever they were promoting. At first, it was fine, but now it's annoying. I'm writing this at 4am because I can't sleep from the itching. Thank you for reading this. I will not be going back to Vista Sol.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank Lorenzo D
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a great holiday. Stayed for two weeks and loved every minute. Good sized pools, great people and great activities/events. Great for kids but be aware if you don’t have kids there will be loads of them running about. Rooms slightly dated but nothing unbearable. Plus the beach was full of sea weed. We were told happens every June. Great trips though and would recommend booking with Nexus. Hector was very helpful and sorted everything out for us.

Stayed: June 2018
VistaSol_Hotels, Guest Service at Vista Sol Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vista Sol Punta Cana.

Thank you very much for your kind words, we continue to improve every day so we receive gratifying comments like these. Our Hotel values all of our guest and any feedback that is provided. We will keep working on it, to improve day by day.

Thanks for choosing Vista Sol Punta Cana.

We hope to receive you again soon in the hotel.

Macarena Peña
Guest Service

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I will start with the Good. Very close to the airport, short ride to the resort. The grounds of the resort are beautiful. I prefer a smallish resort, I don't like taking trams or 20 minute walk to the beach. Everything was close and a short walk. The restaurants were pretty good. Usually the food is not a highlight for a resort, so I thought food was a little better than average. Buffet was good, Gourmet and Italian restaurants were our favorite. There are local "tourist" type shops within walking distance from the beach, you can walk either direction and find some shops.

The BAD--Staff not friendly for the most part. Marina at the front desk was not helpful and not friendly. Communication is not great at this resort, for English anyway. Alex and Franklin were the exception, very friendly and very helpful. WI-FI is only free if you are sitting in the theater, and it is spotty, you cannot always connect. Tried to purchase premium wi-fi, Marina said come tomorrow not available, The next day she said not available, come back. After about 5 attempts to get internet, someone explained you have to get a modem and they were all checked out. they would not allow you to pre pay or get on a list. We spent hours popping up to the front desk to see if any had been turned in. Such a pain. Then the "premium" wi-fi would not support the programs I need to access for work. So ended up back in the theater working. We inquired about changing dinner reservations, I asked to see a menu before making the change. She (don't remember name) made the change first, when I said I wanted to keep the reservation but change the time, she was very irritated. We never saw the room attendant, the only thing they stock in the fridge is water. There are no wash cloths. (not a big deal to me). House vodka was horrible, if you wanted Absolute it was $4 per drink. Beer was good. Even the bar tenders were unfriendly and did not speak good English.

Will not return to this resort!

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank Sheila P
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went thru Vacation Express. Direct non stop from Kansas City on Miami Air. Vacation Express did great, everything as promised. First time at Vista Sol so didn't have any real expectations. I had read the reviews of this location and I would say a lot are spot on. We were a party of 6 couples. We all opted for the VIP rooms on the beach. First off, the rooms are very nice & the view is spectacular. You are on the beachfront. BUT...you will have a hike to get to the lobby, buffet, pools, etc. So are the rooms worth it? To me yes. Food was average buffet fare, average specialty restruant fare...nothing great,,,,just average. Beverage service at pools was fair to poor, but they do poot the rum in the drinks no problem!. One thing that drove me crazy was the hours of operation of the buffet & the bars. I guess I'm more use to buffets being open constantly and bars hardly ever closing. Watch your times or you may be shut out. One of our couples had a constant problem with their door key. I never did have any issues. In fact at check in the desk gave me a key to the safe just in case it didn't work! (Nice!) Beach had lots of seaweed but they raked every morning. Wifi is basically non-existent but who cares!!! I'm there to get away!!! LOL Beds were firm but good. A/C worked great. Bathroom & shower were very nice! Look....if you want a 5-Star experience....PAY THE 5 STAR PRICE! Don't expect it at 3-Star prices. Also...watch out for the rude Russians & Germans!!! And enjoy Maribell with the omelets!!!!

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ed H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Vista Sol was very nice and clean, the people were friendly! The only thing that wasn't my favourite was there quite a few people trying to sell excursions on the resort who would come up to you while you were trying to relax, but other than thag i would definitely reccomend going here!

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard double room and it was very simple and clean, bothing special but just right for sleeping in at the end of the day.
Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
VistaSol_Hotels, Guest Service at Vista Sol Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vista Sol Punta Cana.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is important to mention that, as an independent service, you can find people selling excursions at the hotel. They are not Vista Sol Punta Cana staff, there is only an association agreement.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Macarena Peña