“Great lunch joint on the beach...”
Review of Huracan Cafe

Huracan Cafe
Ranked #13 of 124 Restaurants in Bavaro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We found this place while walking on the beach. We decided to spend the afternoon in the sunshine and have a bite to eat. The prices were okay, but the food was good and we were pleased with our meals. I would definitely go back!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Loved the décor and location of this restaurant. Service was good, but the food was not fantastic and WAY over priced. I ordered the caprese salad to start and a Caesar salad for my entrée. The caprese salad was good, but I was kept waiting until the other 9 people in our group had almost finished their entrées before I got my $10 Caesar salad, and I wished they hadn't bothered. The lettuce was slimy and wilted and overdressed with a mustardy dressing. I only ate a few bites and within a couple of hours was running for the bathroom. Be advised that some of their wines cost 1900 pesos per bottle!!! That was a real surprise when the bill came! Try Troco Beach for similar quality at better prices.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Good beach location. My daiquiri was very tart which I chalked up to my American taste. But later in the week my friend sent back a margarita for the same reason. I tried a pina colada which was watery and had no taste of rum. In between I stuck with beer but one day they had only three Coronas left and not many other selections either. The food is just OK.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

My friend Mike dreams of Huracan now that he's home in Cleveland. His afternoons lounging near the beach with a Brugal Extra Viejo in his hand and Jacque by his side are over but his warm memories of the incredible friendly and accommodating Italian staff never leave. The drinks are plentiful and not overpriced (Brugal EV $ $6, Presidente @ $3) Their lunch salads are very good and at @ $11 each worth the tab even if the view wasn't worth the full amount by itself. A day at the beach on their lounge chairs with great service, good food and drink and a view to die for. The DR at its best.

2  Thank jdr1210
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Our stay at Playa Turquesa (condo) left our group looking for a place to have dinner...we found Hurcan Cafe...and VERY happy we did!

Food was fresh and prepared perfectly. Laid back atmosphere and decent service. Priced right for the area and the great amount of food you receive. Definitely try the fried mozzarella & carozza!
Super chill during the day with music and lounge chairs spread around...a great people watching venue!

1  Thank shredsurf