Iberostar Dominicana Hotel
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
8,084 results
All reviewsstar friendsstar rock cafesteakseafooddominican republicthe oriental restauranta la carte restaurantsguest servicesla pagodajunior suiteapple vacationsbeautiful beachother resortsceiling fanlobby barfrozen drinkssaona island
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My family and I stayed for 7 days and we enjoyed our vacation. Weather was perfect, restaurant variety and services were really good, junior suite was clean, staff was friendly and pool/beach area was clean. Goofy (front desk) was very accommodating when we asked for a room in a more quiet area. We had so much fun, other family members will be visiting the resort in a week and friends next month!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BN-JK
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Dominicana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Iberostar Dominicana for your family holidays and for posting a review about your experience.
In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos, hotel Manager, we want to express you our satisfaction to acknowledge that you and your entire family enjoyed from a memorable holiday as we aim in Iberostar. We have congratulated Goofy whose service made your vacation especial.
We are looking forward to welcome you back and remain at your entire disposition for further assistance prior your next visit.
Best regards,

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I traveled here for a 7 day stay. we had a awesome time. The beach was beautiful. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The grounds where immaculate. Our room was kept very clean. We had hired a private company for transportation from airport to hotel which ran very smoothly. They greeted us took our bags and took us to the hotel and there we were greeted by Fernando. he was so pleasant and friendly and really enjoyed meeting him. We stayed at the Iberostar Dominicana from April 20-27, 2013. the food was excellent there was everything from speciality restaurants to the buffet. They had lots of variety. We can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the junior suite which was lovely. It was more like a Vila. Eight rooms per building.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Dominicana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Dominicana for your holiday vacations and for taking the time to post a review about your experience with us.
In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, and her team, we would like to express how please we are to read that you enjoyed from “an awesome time” due to the friendliness of our staff, our varied gastronomy and the beauty of our premises. In Iberostar we aim to turn your holidays into an unforgettable vacation.
We are looking forward to see you again in our premises. Please feel free to contact us before you arrival.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My friend and I took our 3 teenage children to this resort for 5 days. The food was very good especially the French restaurant. The staff was prompt to respond to concerns and very friendly. The beach was clean and the activities were plentiful. The rooms were ok - my bedspread had a stain on it which was unpleasant and the shower did not drain well at all. When I first arrived the phone in my room did not work and the safe in my friend's room did not work. The thing that turned me off the most about this resort was the pushiness of the vendors right on the resort. They are constantly calling to you when you walk by trying to get you to come and look at their merchandise - there is even a vendor right next to the pool who harasses you every day. On Wednesday evenings they have vendors come in to sell their wares and they insisted on sending my daughters back to me with $75 worth of jewelry and requesting that they get money from me to pay for it - the girls tried to give the jewelry back many times and finally I had to get a staff member from the hotel to assist. There are also shops within the resort that are independently operated - one of the store clerks grossly overcharged my daughter (the items are not priced - everything is negotiable) when I went back to the shop to discuss this with the salesperson her bill went from $70 to $35. I did not like the way they tried to take advantage of my teens this way. I did enjoy my stay and I would go there again if the price was right but I would not ever patronize the merchants as they are obnoxious and I wish they were not located within the resort.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
2  Thank jmace31
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Dominicana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor about your experience at the Iberostar Dominicana. In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, we thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays.
On the one hand, we appreciate your positive valuation about our exquisite gastronomy, the cleanness of our premises and the variety of our daily activities for entertainment. In Iberostar we are committed to offer a large variety of dishes to cater for our international clientele.
On the other hand, we want to extend our apologies for any and all inconveniences related to the vendors on site. We will share your concerns with the person in charge so their extra service does not damage the excellent work our employees do to ensure pleasant stay to our valuable costumers.
We will be happy to welcome you back and please do not hesitate to contact us before arrival to help you to enjoy your next vacations.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Here's my review on Punta Cana's one of the best hotels and resorts Iberostar Dominicana.
Our trip was from April 19 through 26th 2013.
First, the trip started flawlessly from arrival to Punta Cana International Airport, as usual - $10 tourist card, immigration check, etc. Then we were greeted by the smiling and cheerful Apple representative who assisted us in finding our bus and handling our luggage for us.
Arrival at the resort was awesome - happy people at the check-in desk, very pleasant and assistive. Since we arrived earlier, around 12 pm, before check-in time we got our bracelets and proceeded to a dinner.
I've noticed lots of changes since our last trip to the sister resort Iberostar Punta Cana in 2005/2010. They have built new wooden decks with roofs that lead to the major buffet and bar areas. Very smart, I have to admit - can you imagine, especially at night time when everybody dressed up and going to have a nice dinner get wet in case of unexpected rain. Thanks!
At 15:30 we got our room, thanks to Goofy - in building 4, and we moved in. We got the room on the second floor, which is considered here the first, according to European enumeration, I assume. We were so tired so we haven't enjoyed the evening activities - went to sleep.
Reading all the reviews, I felt it necessary to wake up earlier and get our lounge chairs reserved on the beach. I did that every day at 6 am, and every time I got the best front beach row under palapas.
Food.
Food is awesome - you can find a lot to any likes and preferences, for any meal of the day - breakfast, lunch or dinner. At your convenience all buffets/snack bars available throughout the facility in a short walking distance. Everything is fresh, fully cooked and delicious. Lots of fruits, veggies, meats, cheeses, only to name a few. Each evening they had a themed nights of French, Mexican, Italian cuisines. I am not a big fan of pizzas, but I counted 17 different pizzas available to vacationers. Steak stations are great! You have the selections of beef, lamb or chicken steaks cooked right in front of you or while you browse for the other foods in the buffet. Variety is also present at snack bars at the beach - one day we even enjoyed lobsters and rice cooked right on the beach. Bravo, chefs!!!
Entertainment.
Star friends are awesome, themed nights at the arenas, contests with prizes, shows on the beach area and pool areas, Michael Jackson show, only to name a few. Dance nights on Punta Cana side and shows in the Dominicana Theater will entertain anybody, even the language is not the barrier. If you are 5 or even 95 you will not leave the show happy and smiling.
Service.
Service is great. No matter where you go, you will be surrounded by people who are eager to help finding you stuff, give you directions, etc. People are friendly not just because they were trained that way, but they were born like this, I think. That's why we like Dominican Rep. better than Mexico. Please-please-please do not forget to tip these people - I know, it is not required, but they really work hard for their money.
Grounds.
What we like about Iberostar resorts - it is an awesome location and lots of green stuff - palm trees, bushes, silky grass, blooming lianas, everything adds up to satisfy and please your stay there. Very well maintained throughout the day. Grass is manicured, grounds are filled with flowers, birds, turtles, geckos, iguanas (nothing to worry about).
Internet service/connection
Internet is average, a little pricey, but I have never lost my connection using my Ipad or an Iphone. Since we had a nice room facing the pool area, we were able to use Wifi in the room or on the balcony. If you want a faster connection - order in room Internet through the modem line. As far as an advice to the management - please extend your Wifi areas, especially on the beach - people love to stay in touch with their relatives and friends who left at home through Skype or other apps. It is soooo cool to face time with somebody showing them beach areas holding a drink in one hand and phone in the other. Nothing personal, but vacationers love to brag about being overseas and show off their surroundings - that's just our human nature.
Beach.
Beach area is one of the most adorable places here. Clean, flour-like sand, turquose water that you cannot see anywhere else on the planet Earth. Calming sound of the waves gets you such nice impressions you will never forget. On the beach there are lot of waiters who serve you drinks - by the way, they are not watered down, like other reviewers say. If you want something stronger just tell your waiter your likes and you will get what you want, they do listen! Don't forget to wake up earlier and watch sunrise on the beach - unforgettable memories! It takes only couple minutes (if not less), but it is just awesome.
Shopping.
Shopping is a unique experience here. When they ask $ 50 for one thing, you can walk away paying $15-20. Bargain! Ask for the discounts, nothing to be ashamed about! Special thanks to management who organized a duty-free shop right on the hotel property. Nice prices, but please, travelers - don't forget about your country customs regulations, remember your limits! There are shopping areas on the beach - about 10-15 minutes walk to the right if you face the sea, specialty shops at the resort (the whole alley next to gym and spa building), star shop near lobby. Bring lower denomination bills or you will get change in Pesos!
Staff/personnel.
Everybody is polite and they try to speak your language to please you. English, French, German, Russian, Spanish - some people know all of them and freely switch from one to another, again, just to be helpful and pleasant. I was touched by the cocktail party done by staff, which was held for us the day before the departure. Snacks, champagne, cocktails, lottery - all of this is a part of appreciation of us coming to this resort and, of course, our decisions to come back. It was an excellent opportunity to see real people who are "behind the scenes", those who make our vacation truly unforgettable and pleasant. We saw Master Chef, General Manager, Executive Assistant Manager, Housekeeping manager, Apple representative. All these people do their jobs in the way of perfectionism. Just to let you know, we appreciate that. Thanks for your hard work and keep it up to the highest standards of Iberostar resorts! Special thanks to Executive Assistant Manager David Lopez, General Manager Helena Santos Martinez, Ruben, Goofy (yes, that's his short name), Devlin - beach and buffet waiter, our maids Cecilia and Alicia - hats off!
Thanks for reading my review, I hope you and I will have a pleasure to enjoy our next vacation in Dominican republic using Iberostar chain.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Andrew K

Dear guest,
Ob behalf of the Hotel Manager, Mrs. Helena Santos, we thank you for posting a review about your holiday at Iberostar Dominicana and for choosing our hotel for your vacation.
We are very pleased to read your motivating and detailed review referring the variety of our gastronomy, the beauty and cleanness of our premises, the wide options of activities for daily and nightly entertainment and the excellent service provided by our friendly staff. In Iberostar we are all committed to ensure our guest to “enjoy being a Star” as Mr. David, Mrs. Helena; Cecilia, Alicia, Ruben and Goofy made you feel with their work-
We are looking forward to welcome you back; please do not forget to contact us before your next visit so we can help you enjoy before arriving.
With the best regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a great time at the Iberostar in April of 2013. The hotel staff was the best. Service was amazing. My only complaint was the room with two double beds . We had requested a king.
We would definitely make a return visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Dominicana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear guest,
In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, we thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay and for choosing Iberostar Dominicana for your holidays.
We want to express you how glad we are to read how you highlighted out the excellent service provided by our friendly staff. In Iberostar we are committed to provide the best service to our valuable customers. Likewise, we extend our apologies for the inconveniences related to your room assignment. Room requests are due to availability on the day of the arrival although our Front Desk team does their best even though the High Season makes this task harder.
We look forward to welcoming you once again and feel free to contact us to help you enjoy your next stay with us.
Yours Sincerely,