We had 4 rooms and our family ranged from single woman (53), 30ish couple with 2 kids 5 and 3, mid 20s couple (pregnant wife), late 20s single guy, teenage girl.
The rooms varied in quality from pretty bad to very good and we were all in the same "villa." I complained about the pretty bad one and my vacation was almost ruined waiting for service people for all the issues in this room.
They said there was a teen club but there was an arcade for 12 and 13 year olds. A 16 year old girl traveling alone had nothing to do. The late 20s single guy spent some time at the casino and there was not a lot of nightlife as this is a family resort.
We had a couple of dinner reservations glitches and some issues almost every day.
There are people trying to sell you something every 3 feet but we did get a good deal on ATVing and parasailing by talking to different people. But after that it is annoying.
The "non motor" water sports are practically not there. At other places they give you boogie boards or something but not here. I don't know why.
We were there New Year's Eve and there were no announcements about fireworks or celebrations and because the place is so huge we were walking around looking for it almost all night.
The place is HUGE and the little train doesn't come by as often as you'd like and it's confusing the first couple of days.
The good: the little ones loved Flinstone Land. The beach is beautiful. The golf course is beautiful and the golf clubs you rent are very good. A lot of the staff is friendly but others could care less. The business center, while a bit pricey, had good connectivity.
There was no problem getting a beach chair or a covered spot. We went to other resorts and you would need to be out there at 7 am to get a chair. Not here. We had no issue at all and the beach never seemed crowded...it's very very long and nice.
We changed from the beach to the pools to the beach and back again. We never had problem finding chairs or a good spot to hang out.
The food was pretty good. After 6 days we were tired of some of the offerings but overall, it was good.
They had no issue giving our pregnant traveler bottled water for the most part. Some waiters seemed surly...like the purified water was good enough (it wasn't...a few of us had stomach upset so get some bottled water too).
The spa was pretty good but some of the technicians honestly looked bored and annoyed.
Overall a good family place. Not a good place for a solo teenager and not a good place for singles seeking nightlife.
Even though the "bad" might seem to outweigh the good, we did spend most of our time on the beach and could not complain about that at all.
It WAS very restful and is very beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- - Unforgettable family vacations on an idyllic island - Meliá Caribe Tropical boasts the exclusive The Level - 9 outdoor pools (Including Melia Caribe and The Level) for adults and children -Fine dining with international cuisine and theme nights -Full activities program, workshops, parties, musicals, evening shows for kids and adults and live music. Experience the YHI Spa sensation, beauty treatments, health and wellbeing. Convention Centre of 6,405 m2 with 13 meeting rooms and space for up to 1,000 people. -A magical wedding with superb service and a dreamy location -Fun children's area where the children can engage in sports activities (zip line, climbing wall, super jumper) and artistic activities (crafts workshops) together with their family and professional supervisors. Located on the beachfront on the idyllic Bavaro Beach in Punta Cana (Dominican Republic), the Meliá Caribe Tropical hotel is the perfect option for vacations with the family or your partner, thanks to its beautiful beach, extensive and comfortable facilities, a wide range of activities and entertainment, and the superior quality of its services. Meliá Caribe Tropical is a luxury hotel in Punta Cana with a Yhi Spa areas, Royal Service, fine dining, 9 pools, casino, golf course, gym, 13 meeting rooms, fun children's area , amongst other services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Melia Caribe Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Melia Caribe Tropical
- Sol Melia Punta Cana
- Melia Caribe Punta Cana
- Melia Punta Cana
- Melia Caribe Tropical Punta Cana
- Melia Tropical Punta Cana
- Melia Hotel Punta Cana
- Melia Caribe Tropical Resort
- Punta Cana Melia Caribe Resort