Melia Caribe Tropical
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
17,637 results
All reviewsroyal serviceamerican grillavenue bargabi restaurantgolf cartla gondolatropical lobbyvip loungegabi poollevel areasteak and lobstertime sharedominican restaurantbreakfast and lunchkids clubdominican republicdinner reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just returned from 10 glorious days at Melia Caribe Punta Cana. There were 3 of us, my husband (who was celebrating his birthday) and my six year old daughter as well. We decided to upgrade to the Royal Service when we arrived. Definitely the way to go, better response, premium wines and liquor, can make reservations ahead of the days, and room. The room we were given was in block 3400. The staff bent over backwards to make sure my daughter had the "right" things available for her stay. The sink in the bathroom was very high and they brought in a step stool. The bed that was brought in was cozy.. and of course kids are treated like princesses and princes. The room was perfect. The amount of room we had was unreal. I don't believe I have ever slept in such a big bed not to mention the accommodation compared to others in Punta Cana. The restaurants were all different. Our favorites were Gabi (need to be part of Royal Service for this one, if you’re a wine connoisseur you will be impressed with the choices and some of the staff even will make suggestions and serve it appropriately ), Ma Maison (French), Japanese (Extra payment but well worth it) and International. The Italian sort of missed the beat on the food (cold) and service ( N/A). The others were good as well. The beach was fabulous and the pool was perfect. The beach was kept tidy and part of Royal Service gives you a private beach and pool to use. We didn't have many peddlers asking for us to go on trips. The pool (Tropical) was very large and but not terribly noisy. I think you could say something for everyone. The kids club was amazing. The staffs at the Kids club were very courteous and caring. I couldn't believe Antonio (I think that was his name from the kids night show) could speak all those languages. He switched from Spanish, English, German and Russian without any hesitation. My daughter was participated in the adventure park.. a must for kids and adults too. Here she was able to go zip lining, wall climbing and trampoline. As noted it was my husband’s BD while we were there. The hotel decorated our table extra special for the evening (Gabi's) and made one of the best chocolate cakes we have had in a long time. They truly went the extra measure to make it special. The hostess at Gabi's was exemplary in her role. We also participated in the activities the hotel had. My favorite was the finger painting. Over the years we have visited Punta Cana a number of times. With this last visit and staying at the Melia Caribe we have decided this will be our future hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in 3300 to 3500 are very nice. Choose the second floor
6  Thank LRSJ
Aris_MCT, Web Community Liaison at Melia Caribe Tropical, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear LRSJ;

Warmest regards from Punta Cana,

Thanks for your positives commentaries; is a pleasure to us to know that you have had a really good time in our hotel; we hope you visit again Melia Caribe Tropical to have an unforgettable and better stay than the last one.

We feel proud and grateful for your compliments on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by: Antonio from the Mini Club, ; it’s thanks to employees like him that we are able to accomplish our goal, the total satisfaction of our guests. Please be sure we will share this comment with our staff.

We look forward to serving once again at your at your Home away from Home Melia Caribe Tropical.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was our 8th yearly visit to the Melia resort, and once again, most of our expectations were pleasantly fulfilled. Many of the staff at Royal Service have become good friends and it's become a "homecoming" with each return. From the VIP lounge personnel to the wait staff and bar tenders at Gabi, we can always count on their friendly greetings, warm smiles, and impeccable service each day. Santiago, Franky, Jose, Juan, Roberto, and their manager Eddie, have consistently offered the most gracious and efficient service each and every meal. The Gabi restaurant provides delecious meals, both buffet and off an ample menu.
Pablo Martinez, our butler extrodinair, has become a valued reliable friend, and he delivers the finest service to everyone he meets. He'll pop up anywhere, greeting you with that infectious smile of his. If there is a special occasion to be celebrated, leave it to Pablo to arrange a most memorable event for you.
We missed seeing our good friend Miguel Obispo, former manager at Gabi's, since he's become food manager at four of the other restaurants. We made it a point to visit him several times at his new location just to catch up, renew our friendship, and wish him well.
Finally, we would be remiss if we did not express our special thanks to Johnny Onorio, hotel manager. We've known Johnny since the first year we vacationed at Melia, and we stay in touch throughout the year. He has been a good friend and reliable contact for not just us, but also our family members and friends when they vaction at the resort.
We're both looking forward to next years "homecoming"; back to that wonderful beach, warm people and fine service, ideal weather, terrific accommodations and beautiful grounds.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cabbie04
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We(2 couples with 4 teens) stayed in Melia Cribe for a week from March 12th to19th.
As we arrived, I was very disappointed with the old and shabby structure of the lobby.
Check in was fast and friendly, although the drink the welcoming staff gave puzzled me about the nature of the drink. We were quickly driven to our rooms with luggage trucks following right behind us. The scenery of the ground was extremely beautiful and luscious. The beauty of the grounds was the best feature of Melia Caribe. However, as the week progressed I was extremely annoyed with the trains and all the constant passing vehicles on the walkways. The fume was unpleasant and as we walk to and from the restaurants, we were constantly shoved by the vehicles. I understand the ground was big, but it was not a impossible distance to walk for us. Rooms were spacious but bit outdated. Mattresses definitely needed to be updated(My friends had to change the room because of the mattress, and ours was not so great either. Both my husband and I woke up with backaches in the morning). Food was good with great services. Drinks were better than the ones we had in other resorts, and of course their coffee was the best. Beach was one of the better ones among the destination we visited(we usually go to Cancun area). Pools were beautiful as well. Getting towels was not big of a deal as some made it seems to be.

The bottom line is Melia Caribe is a beautiful resort with some updates needed, but I do not think we are going back. Walking and jogging in the morning where I can breath fresh caribbean air is big part of my trip, and Melia Caribe could not give it to me.

2  Thank fatlion11

Dear fatlion11;

Warmest regards from Punta Cana,

I want to thank you for your preference in selecting our Melia Caribe Tropical for your last vacation; I am Helia Estrella, Web community liaison. In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value in our guest's opinion. Please accept our apologies for the situations you experienced during your visit.

We truly regret the situation experienced during your vacation in orther to the fume of the vehicles on the walkways, we have taken a good note of your comments.

Please accept our apologies for the experience during your visit and any inconveniences that this may have caused. If you wish to contact us on a private matter you may reach us at calidad.melia.tropical@meliacaribetropical.com.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was my husband and my first trip away after becoming parents a year ago. We took the trip without my daughter. My husband and 6 other friends came with us.

The grounds and beach were beautiful! Seaweed is taken off the beach each morning. We went to march and the weather was perfect. Beautiful Bermuda like sand.

We found that the food was better at the main buffet rather than the beach one. Bring a large cup if you do not want plastic ones.

We admit that the bed was not that comfortable. The pillows were too big.

But many more positive. Dinner was fun. We loved to walk the grounds but the last day we took the train. We were not bothered by the workers.

As new parents my husband and I loved just sitting on the beach and by the pool. Having a drink and relaxing at dinner. We feel very blessed to be on this trip.

Running on the beach was amazing in the morning. We would label this a "Rave Run". But don't run without sneakers if it is not what you usually do. My husband learned the hard way.

Here is a video of our trip and the least expensive room: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM9hBLp6DTA

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lisa R
Aris_MCT, Web Community Liaison at Melia Caribe Tropical, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear lbremec;

Warmest regards from Punta Cana,

I want to thank you for your commentaries and the same time for your preference in our hotel for the enjoy of your last vacations; we hope you visit again Melia Caribe Tropical to have an unforgettable and better stay than the last one. We are so happy because you had a fantastic vacation in our hotel.

Hope to see you again at your “Home away from Home Melia Caribe Tropical”.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This resort is lovely and everyone is soo friendly and helpful. They are always smiling and doing the best out of every situation. The Royal service is great and especially Gabi with its cosy athmosphere and lovely waitors. The other restaurants are lovely as well and the food is great. You have to try it.

Room Tip: Rooms as close to the beach as possible are quieter.
2  Thank anna c

Dear anna c;

Warmest regards from Punta Cana,

It is a pleasure to us to thank you for your positives commentaries; is an honor to us to know that you have had a really good time in our Gabi's restaurant and the personnel there; we hope you visit again Melia Caribe Tropical to have an unforgettable and better stay than the last one.

We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you here again at your Home away from Home Melia Caribe Tropical.