Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
HotelsClick
$167
TripAdvisor
27,580 results
All reviewseden poollos gallosresort creditsun barmoon loungerock spaisla restaurantcentral poolrock royaltyzen restaurantmembers poolsax poolpunta canapalace resortspresidential suiterock starmain building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My family and I really enjoyed our trip to P.C. and our stay at the Hard Rock. Beautiful beach. The food is solid with a few very really good spots (Brazilian Steak House and Mexican restaurant especially). Service was excellent overall. I want to make a special mention of Mariel Dela Rosa at the front desk. Our initial room had some problems. She went to work getting them fixed right away. To my surprise later that night she called me and told me she was moving me to a better room the next day. That room was fabulous. It's that extra service that will have us returning to the Hard Rock.

A couple quick mentions:
Horseback riding on the beach was fun. The horses are gentle for novices.
ATV riding was okay. The kids enjoyed it a lot. You have to be 16 to drive I think.
The surf is strong but the beach is wide and clean with soft sand and plenty of chairs.
Seemed very safe.
People bent over backwards on multiple occasions to go above and beyond.
The manager of the Caffetto (Luis) was superb.
My wife and daughters enjoyed the spa. A good place to enjoy the resort credits. Be aware that if you spend $100 in resort credits you have to come up with $20 of real cash. The resort credits are not quite freebies. If you are aware of this it makes it easier than if it's a surprise.
They are very generous with the alcohol.
A lot to do on the property. Check out the theater which has a circus (starts slow, hang in there), a musical impersonator and a magic show.
Bring lots of Sunscreen and things like Tylenol and Imodium as they are quite costly on the property. Also bring a bunch of singles and fivers. You can get change at the front desk and gratuities are included but I felt like leaving something with each meal ($1-2 for a buffet and $5-10 for good wait service in an a la carte restaurant. It's optional and I think only a handful of people tipped but it made me comfortable. Your mileage may vary as they say. Have fun.

Room Tip: Some ocean front rooms (first floor) are too low to actually see the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
HRHCPuntaCana, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Hi Greg R, it was an honor to have Rock Stars like you in our hotel! it’s great to read that even though your initial room had some problems, that Mariel quickly made sure you were well taken care of! She is definitely an asset to the team and someone we’re proud to have in our Hard Rock Fam! It sure does sound like you guys had a Rockin’ stay and got to do many of the activities we offer! Thanks for the shout out to Luis from Cafetto who manages that restaurant very well! We’re excited to read that you’re planning a return trip, we hope it’s soon! SAVE THE PLANET.

"This Review was responded to on behalf of Karl B, General Manager Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana"

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have read a lot of reviews before and now after my holiday at hard rock punta cana. I am someone that works and makes my living in hospitality and service. I traveled with wife and children and we all have different needs and expectations. That said we all enjoyed ourselves and we were sad to leave. We normally stay at Hiltons, Westins, and Hyatt and I would classify the Hard Rock as the same level. Service was over top and Daniel our designated Butler was most helpful and took care of everything without smothering us. Food was great for the most part. I had meals at every restaurant and never waited or wanted. The only negative was thr resort credits, I left 1500 or so on the account. I will return sometime soon. Thanks for the memories Hard Rock Staff .

Room Tip: Rock star level
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

How nice to know that you and your fam had a great time Maggie F! It’s important for us to know that our Rock Stars are enjoying themselves and it looks like your family had a blast! Thanks for the accolades to Daniel who was of great help throughout your stay! The champagne is chilled and the Red Carpet is rolled out for your next visit soon, Rock Star! LOVE ALL, SERVE ALL.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

It was our second visit to a Hard Rock run by this company as we had been to the one in Puerto Vallarta the year before. This resort has lots to offer but the main draw back is it size and due to that the lack of interaction with other. Our pick up from the airport was excellent and no major issues with the check in at first as it took about 15 minutes. This is where things quickly went down hill, although we had booked a king bed and confirmed it at the check in when we hit our room it was two double beds. We called down and told we were going to get a call back quickly, it never came, thank god for the mini bar. After waiting 45 minutes my boyfriend went back to the front desk and after a lot of searching by the front desk staff they found us a room with a king bed as the place was packed because the Marc Anthony concert was the next day. Once we got our new room keys we had to wait another 45 minutes for the porter to come assist us with our luggage. All through our trip we found it was best to do a face to face to get the proper service with the notable exception of restocking our fridge which usually happened in under 10 minutes of our call. In the end it took almost four hours to get settle in to our room. The rooms themselves are very spacious with huge bathrooms. We were extremely happy with the room with the exception that the walls allow sound through very easy which made a few nights hard to sleep as the guests next to us were noisy but that is just luck of the draw. The rooms them selves were immaculate in their cleaning and we had no bugs what so ever in it despite being on ground floor.

Once we were settled in we went to Isla and met Yara who was a manager/hostess who once heard the difficulties we ran into on our check out made sure we were well taken care of that night and as it turned out many other nights. Her service and the example she sets for others was outstanding, she truly understand the meaning of customer service. We found the restaurants in the hotel very good with a large selection on the menus or buffet. Our favorite meal was courtsey of Los Gallos where we found it had better Mexican food then Puerto Vallarta, go figure! Our least favorite meal was at Zen as we found the Air Conditions was blasting and we were frozen by the end of the meal and could not wait to get out of the restaurant. This was a common theme in the main building with the shops and casino, the air conditioning was on so high we had to carry sweaters with us when ever we went there, so much for escaping the Canadian winter.

One of our favorite days was the day we hit the spa, if you have credits, do the full treatment even if you have to spend some extra to do it as the pamper you and you come out feeling like a new person. The massage and the whole setting in the spa will first class al the way. As soon it was done though we went back to our room to find out we were locked out as they had only set our card for 7 days not the full ten we were. As we were close to the beach it was a long journey to get my card reactivated as they could not send anyone to do that.

We did like the concept of the adult only pool and that was our hangout during the day with good selection of drinks and food at it. Another complaint we had about the whole resort is there is no place to sit outside late night and enjoy drink as there is in Puerto Vallatra. The bars in the main building are all enclosed and for the size of the resort a bit small as they are completely packed at night. There is a large patio area in front of the bars but are not connected by doors and no bar or waitress service out there and since it is on the second floor it is extremely windy there at times. We did greatly enjoy the casino and have written a separate review on that and the golf course, both which we had no complaints about.

When we checked out they asked us about our stay and with the epic fail on the check in and the lousy way to end our spa day they did comp us reasonable amount for or inconvenience.

If you plan on going to an all inclusive and not leave it, this is an excellent place as the beach, drinks, service, golf, casino and food were well worth the price. The excursions do not come close in comparing to what I have had in other similar locations and the island does not offer much in the way of cultural experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Hey there Nola R, we are pleased to read that overall, you had a great time in our hotel! We are dismayed to read about your check in experience, but we’re happy this didn’t tarnish the rest of your stay! Thanks for the lovely compliments about Yara who made sure that you were provided exceptional service. Los Gallos has a wonderful chef and team not to mention the yummy food there, we are so glad you liked it! Come and visit us anytime, we’ll be sure to Rock your world! ALL IS ONE.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Iif you are flying to this hotel if possible request a flight to anyother airport. I understand that they are inlarging the current facility, but untill that happens the system they have in place is not professional enough to handle even a few flights. After landing we waited forty over one half hour for a gate to become avai;lable. The ride to the hotel is app. twenty-five minuets. The check-in was organized (I was on the convention side. The front desk staff were cordial and efficent. Where this property needs assistance is in the housekeeping staff. I used a had towel as well as bath towel on my first night and they were never replaced. I made a cup of coffee in the room (complamentry) and when I returned to the room although the coffe that I had used was replaced the coffe stains were not cleaned. Small thing but it is attentation to detals that impress me. The returants were "OK" nothing spectacular. The rooms are well appointed but not as spectaclar as pictured in their adds.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear jamesmentors, thank your for taking the time to submit your review on your recent trip to our hotel. We are glad to read you had a smooth check in and that our Hard Rockers in the Front Desk made you feel welcomed. Our apologies with the housekeeping, our team has been made aware of your comments and we’re working to get them solved. We hope you can visit us once more to see the changes we’re doing. TAKE TIME TO BE KIND.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Just returned from a 7 day vacation at the Hard Rock Resort in Punta Cana and I'm already planning a return trip for my entire family. My husband and I went to celebrate his 50th birthday and we had a fabulous time! The resort is awesome and we were in pure bliss from the time we arrived until the moment we left. The entire staff is super-friendly and accomodating and will go out of their way to cater your needs. The food was great at each of the restaurants and the wait staff was superb! We ate lunch every day at Ciao Italian Cuisine as the food was good and we fell in love with Yomaira, Maria Soler, and Winder. The spa treatment we had was amazing and included a free hydrotherapy treatment. We were truly pleased with the services, amenities, food/drinks, and entertainment the entire time we were there and can't wait to return!

Room Tip: All the rooms have the same structure and design. The resort is hugh and have buildings numbered from 1A-8C spread out throughout the campus. There is not 1 prime location which puts you at the center of everthing. However, there are trams located by each building and throughout the campus so it's fairly easy and quick to get to each location.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
HRHCPuntaCana, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

It’s rewarding to read that this was the best vacation you’ve had, SadieCurtis! We are flattered to hear that you’re planning a second trip back with your whole fam! Happy belated birthday for your husband on behalf of all of us here! Thanks for the hat tip for Winder, Yomaira and Maria at Ciao who were attentive and friendly! We can’t wait to have you all walk through our Red Carpet again soon! SAVE THE PLANET.