Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
16,806 results
All reviewselegance clubsea and seelimited gourmandsea restaurantflavors buffetpunta canaitalian restaurantbali bedsclub sectionswim up suitemichael jackson showfunjestic teamour honeymoonpool barsushimajestic drinkclub members
Reviewed October 12, 2009

My wife and I took a chance on this resort for our honeymoon not knowing anyone who has already been here and we were more than satisfied. The warm weather and gorgeous blue water of the DR speak for themselves; however, the service we received, the amenities available, and comfort we felt were all first class. The Majestic Elegance is a very well kept resort with a staff on hand that have real passion for their jobs. Everyone, whether it was the butler, desk attendant, or housekeeper were all very friendly. They made sure that we were having a great time and were always well taken care of.
The food was plentiful and pretty good. While there we were treated to lobster, filets, carpaccio, shrimp, sushi. etc. There really weren’t any of our favorites that we were unable to find. Other than the steak being cooked a little longer than I prefer, the food was delicious.
Our excursion to Caona Island was a very fun adventure. We didn't realize that the trip was going to turn into a 12-hour day away from the resort, but we still enjoyed the actual island when we finally got there. The BBQ was great and the dancing on the ride home was fun.
We had three people that made our trip exceptionally great. Felix, Emilio, and Marita all work at the pool/beach bar and treated us like royalty. We were frequently visited on the beach and served promptly when we posted up at the bar. All three of them were equally as attentive and radiated with positive energy. "Happy Happy," was the catch phrase at the bar. They were a pleasure to spend time with while we enjoyed our honeymoon.
I could go on and on for days about all of the specifics, but in a nutshell this was a fantastic trip and we will return in the future.
I highly recommend coming here for any occasion. Be sure to upgrade to the Elegance Club for best experience possible.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mattpph
Reviewed October 11, 2009

The staff was as excellent as the hotel: the concierges as well as Maxima, Francisco, Felix, Emilio, Henry, Nikel, Marcos, Lisset, Ovidio, Ricaury, Julio and Marita made our stay at the Majestic more than a vacation. They made it a vacation with great friends that we consider family. They are what will be remembered most over the years, held close to our hearts and never forgotten.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2009

My wife and I decided to vaction at Majestic Elegance, Punta Cana to celcbrate her birthday , based on positive reviews and nearness to the airport our flight was great and ground transportation was adequate. Upon arriving at M.E., we were met by our Elegance Club butler, Hector, who guided us quickly through check-in with cool towels and welcome cocktails. He then escorted us on a tour of the resort and introduced us to "MAMA JUANA". When we arrived at our Jr. suite no. 4234, we found everything to be as advertised. Yes, there is a square toilet, but it work fine. We experienced no problems with the shower, air conditioner, etc. Jacuzzi for two in room. Gorgeous ocean view from balcony. Mni bar with Presidente, soda, bottles water, chocolate bars. Mini bottles of vodka, rum, Johnny Walker black and Bailey's. Chilled bottle of champagne in room.
Bed very comfortable. No problems at all with room.

The beach, pools and resort over-all are gorgeous. Clear water, small waves and sand the consistency of talcum powder. Ample lounge chairs and palapas in E. C. beach area and around pools.

We enjoyed all of the restaurants, especially the Asadito (steak house), Limited Gourmand, Il Botaccio (Italian) and Nine Doors (Japanese). The See & Sea was good.

The best part of this resort is without a doubt the exceptional staff. The bartenders at the Elegance Club pools and beach were phenomenal. I have forgotten the names of some of them, but those I will not forget are Mirita, Maxima, Felix, Emilio and Franciso. At the VIP (piano) Bar in the upper lobby are Roberto, Norman, and others. Be sure and ask for their personal specialty drink, you won't be disappointed. There were many
exceptional people there including Rosa, who greeted us each morning for breakfast at Flavours. Hector, our butler, and all the ladies in the E.C. lounge. Even the housekeepers and groundskeepers greeted you with an enthusiastic "Hola!" when they walked past. It is good to try to speak a little Spanish as they love it when you try to speak their language. Although most of the staff speaks adequate English, so no problems were encountered.

Take plenty of sun screen as the sun is intense. We took insect repellant, though we never needed it.

Ignore the negative reviews, this place is a prime slice of paradise.
We had a super week and will not hesitate to return to Majestic Elegance..

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hobocop
Reviewed October 10, 2009

This was my 3rd time to Punta Cana and we see significant improvements in their infrastructure each time we go. I love to travel and have a great time anywhere I go, so I do not sweat the little stuff.
This hotel is fairly new and was very nice and well appointed. We were met by the bell points who took care of our bags from that point forward and then were greeted with freshening wash clothes and a drink. Check-in was very smooth and took little time. The bell boy then took us to our room and pointed out resturants and other main areas which is nice to help you get acquainted.
The rooms have a timing system on their electricity, so if there is no activity in your room for a certain period of time it turns off lights, tv, etc. The air conditioner was sufficient however we found that it did not get really cool enough where you needed much cover until in the early hours of the morning. One disappointment was the spa was not finished at this resort and you had to go to the sister property for spa services. I also used the gym facilities and they had a lot of up-to-date equipment. Was not very busy the few times that I was there.
The food was just good especially at the buffets, however, the food at the speciality restruants was much better. There was a conference that came in near the end of our stay and it seemed like they kicked the food in the buffets up a notch. Seemed like the food had more flavor. Be sure to go to the steak house and the japense resturants. Very good. We had many great servers and chefs, unfortunately, I did not write down there names and can not give them the appreciation they deserve. We did use room service a couple of times and it was fairly quick and the food was not bad.
Every night there was some type of activity going on early, before the shows, like the Caribean night, a Jazz night, Karoke night, etc. They had quality bands with an excellent sax player and a trombone player on different nights. Very enjoyable music.
The beach was great, and a nice place to get away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to the ammenties where you could easily get a snack or something to drink. Hats off to Junior, the bartender, at Sea and See. He was great.
We spent several hours at at pool and participating in several of the activities like water volleyball, water aerobics, and my favorite dance lessons. A big hug to Super Julio for his patience and assistance in helping me learn the native dances of thier country. What a great guy with a great personality. We also enjoyed Elizbeth "Hey Baby", the waitress in the pool area. An extremely hard worker who really enjoyed her job. And I can not forget to mention the pool bartender, Henry. Another great guy and very personable. I wish they could relax more, so you could get to know them better. I felt like I left several new friends behind but hope to see them again.
We took two excursions. The Outback Safari, which I have also taken three times. This trip really gives you an insight into their country and culture outside of the resorts. We toured a country home, were shown coffee and cocoa beans and how they process them and then we tasted them. We also had a chance to tast Mamawanna which was much better than we had tasted at the resorts. We took school supplies for the kids and stopped at a school to distribute them. We had a nice traditional lunch and then later went to a gorgeous beach and had some great boogie boarding time. The surf was a lot better here than at the resorts. We also went to Sonoa (sp?) Island. It was pretty good. The best part of this trip was going to the natural swimming pool in the middle of the ocean and finding starfish to hold and snap pictures. Water is absolutely gorgeous.
All-in-all we had a great trip and a lot of fun. Our two married children and spouses went with us and we just really enjoyed it. I should not forget to mention that we used the photo staff at the resort and had some sunset pictures taken. Those were the first extended family pictures that we had taken and not only was the photographer a lot of fun the pictures were excellent. They were a little expensive but I have not regretted my purchase.
Go and have fun, I wish I was there now!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank StLouisSisters
Reviewed October 9, 2009

My husband and I were married at the Elegance in August. We had a fantastic time, and the resort definitely exceeded our expectations. Our honeymoon suite was fantastic, with both an indoor and an outdoor jacuzzi on a private balcony. We had both a view of the pool and the ocean. We were very pleased with our room and did not experience any problems; however, some of our wedding guests had problems with the showers flooding the floors. The food was decent. I am a vegetarian and I did not have difficulty finding things to eat. We spent most of our days by the pool bar, which was both relaxing and fun. The bartenders there were great. We highly recommend the mamajuana drink, a popular shot down in the DR. The Miami Vice is a terrific choice for a refreshing and delicious frozen drink!
We were supposed to be married on the beach, but it rained the day of our wedding. Our wedding coordinator, Maritee, was very accomodating to my needs that day, and she changed te ceremony site to the gazebo at the last minute in order to make us happy. Luckily it cleared up soon after and we were able to take our pictures on the beach. The photographer did an amazing job; the pictures came out absolutely beautifully. We had a fantastic time at this resort, and we only wished that we had booked a longer stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family