Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
22,904 results
All reviews elegance club sea and see sea restaurant limited gourmand flavors buffet butler arling punta cana french restaurant club section bali beds funjestic team our honeymoon pool bar swim up suite michael jackson show club members sushi
Selected filters
Reviewed May 18, 2015

My wife and I just sent 8 glorious days at the Majestic Elegance for our anniversary. It was a wonderful trip that will have a lifetime of memories. The hotel made many of those memories possible and first I would like to thank a few of the staff that assisted us in so many ways. First of all our butler Arling was superb. He looked after all of our needs, made us reservations and checked on us daily to ensure we had the very best of a time. He even surprised us with an Anniversary cake at one of the restaurants and had the staff sing for us. Cesar was the swim-up pool bartender and he was always happy and ready to serve our favorite drinks, even before we asked for them. Juan Antonio in the French restaurant "La Gourmand" was attentive and provided excellent service. Finally Manuel the bell boy left us in stitches from his jokes. Make sure when you go that you take plenty of $1's and $5's to tip the staff.

Now for the good, the bad and the ugly.

The Good: The grounds are absolutely beautiful, well maintained and provided a wonderful tropical feel. The rooms with swim up access allow for a private respite in the pool after a hard day sunning at the beach. The resort has a tremendous amount to offer, but yet is not so huge that you are constantly walking from each area. The size of the grounds is nearly perfect. Much of the resort has a touch of "elegance" that gives the resort its namesake. I would highly recommend the butler service. When we added it I really didn't know what it meant, but it was worth it. We had a private reception at the hotel at check-in and then our butler gave us a tour of the facilities before going to our room. He then ensured we had dinner reservations each night at our requested times and attended to our every need. The hotel has its own secluded part of the beach, separated from the other resorts. Those in the "Elegance Club" have a further secluded private beach area separate from the family zone. The hotel has two buffets, three VIP lounges, and four restaurants. Each had fine linen napkins and table cloths which just added a special touch of class. The buffets were bountiful and spaced out so that you never felt crowded out from the selections.

The Bad: The rooms had only limited convenience items. There were no facial tissues. The soap was messy and there was no soap dish to keep it off the marble counter. The shampoo and bath gel was so diluted, it was nearly worthless for cleaning. The hotel information book came in Spanish, French, German, Japanese and Russian language versions, but not English. The official sound track throughout all of the bars and grounds was about four songs long. After a while you were humming them in your sleep in order. The sound tracks in the restaurants were different, but equally short. The swim up suites are that...not walk ups. It can be difficult for some to get in and out of the pools room side. Gentlemen, be prepared to help your ladies in and out of the pool. Make sure you take plenty of sunscreen and in multiple SPFs. Not only will you need it, but to buy it in the resort shop will set you back $29 a bottle/spray can.

The Ugly: The grass around the private pools was about 8" high and looked unkempt. With the rest of the beautiful grounds, this just stuck out...literally. The waitresses in the Lobby Bar and in the Theater had a very haughty attitude and offered poor service. (Alternatively, the waitresses at the Plaza, Beach and Pool Bars were pleasant and attentive.) Although no fault of the hotel, each morning the beach is covered in washed up seaweed. To their credit, they have crews out there every day cleaning it up, bagging it and hauling it off to maintain a spotless beach. We also had a glitch with our luggage and one piece went missing at the bell stand for several hours, but it was eventually located and all was made well.

Room tip: The swim up suites offer the best options. Otherwise choose a room with a pool view, otherwise all you do is look out towards bushes.
3  Thank awfountain3
Reviewed May 18, 2015

My husband and I traveled with 3 couples for 10 days (4/30-5/9). I was surprised at check in when our butler BLADIMIR met us in the main lobby and escorted us to a quiet are by the bar to complete our check in. I had read reviews where it sounded like people were led to the Elegance club lounge and then left there for an hour not knowing what was happening. This was not our experience- in fact quite the opposite. BLADIMIR went out of his way to ensure that all 4 of our rooms were in the same building for our convenience. He then took us on a walking tour to our Elegance club rooms and made sure that we were all settled in before he left. The hotel was completely full.

We were in building 5 which is the middle building on the theatre side of the resort. It does not have a pool in front of it so we decided to use the club pool in front of The building that is right next to the theatre because it is the only club pool that has a swim up bar- it is however the furthest pool from the beach-but the closest to the main lobby. DERGIS took great care of us with fresh towels and clean Bali beds (for shade) and regular chaise loungers for sun. CEASAR, HENRY, AND JOANNA also took very good care of us at the swim up bar!!!! We had such a great time in that pool- unfortunately after 5 days we got too hot due to a lack of breeze and had to move to the beach for relief. We felt that the bar service was much better at our little swim up pool and truly missed CEASAR after we moved to the beach :(
We ate dinner at all of the venues. We loved the Japanese! The steak house, French Gourmet, and Italian were all "good" but the Sea and See was terrible for dinner. We waited for hours for our food and the servers were rude. I would say the big buffet was best for breakfast and the Sea and See was the best for lunch. We also enjoyed snacks in the Elegance club lounges.
To me the bars were hit and miss- the club beach bars were a bit slow and to us they weren't as friendly as CEASAR. The lobby bar had some very friendly faces and some that weren't so much. some drinks were great some were way too sweet. Most nights we stuck to beer.
We felt that our room was nice and in a great location. The central air and the shower worked great. House cleaning did a beautiful job maintaining our room everyday. We could always get more towels or beer by just leaving a note and a tip.
I want to be sure to give another special THANK YOU to BLADIMIR! From all of the reviews I read over the past 6 months I wasn't sure what to expect from our butler- I figured we would be lucky to get a few reservations made and a few ME hats. I was more than pleased to find that we were assigned to BLADIMIR as I remembered that he was one of the names that I read good things about He really went above and beyond checking in on us- especially after we realized on day 2 that our telephone was not working. BLADIMIR found us at the pool and showed us a room that we could move to if we wanted but we declined and waited for a few days for the the repair. He made sure to check on us regularly. He did aroma therapy at least 2 or 3 times, made reservations, personally delivered our pillows, invited us to 3 or 4 events and always had a smile while doing so. I was very impressed with his attention to detail. Great job BLADIMIR!!!

Over all we had a great vacation. The weather was hot and sunny everyday. The beach and ocean were perfectly maintained. The grounds were beautiful and well kept. The rooms were a bit worn but did not bother us at all. The wait and bartender staff was 75% great with big beautiful smiles. I have been doing all inclusive vacations for 14 years- this was our 3rd time to Punt Cana and I would rate this resort at the top of our DR all inclusives. I would not hesitate to recommend the ME to friends.

Room tip: We liked building 5 as it was in the middle of everything with nice court yard views.
2  Thank sstorms
Reviewed May 18, 2015

This resort was everything we had hoped it would be! Very short walk to the beach even from the main lobby of the resort. The pools were great, as were the pool bars and beach bars. We only had one issue we weren't happy about. The guys that are supposed to take care of you upon your arrival did put a lot of pressure to meet up with them the next morning to "take a tour" of the resort and confirm departure time for the transportation back to the airport when you leave. This is really just a ploy to get you to book excursions with them. There is competition on the resort and I think they use the fact that they run your transportation to and from the airport as a reason to have you book excursions with them. We never met up with the rep since it's our vacation and didn't like being told I had to be at a certain spot at a certain time my first day there. We were "scolded" the day we left and arranged our pick up time with them. Lesson learned. Take 5 min and explain to them what your intentions are and if need be, complain to management and I'm sure it would keep them at bay. This was literally the only issue we had, and it was just a small annoyance on our last day. It would have been nice to know this information ahead of time, so hopefully this helps someone else. The resort is awesome and everything else was great for my 40th BDay celebration.

2  Thank Johnnie M
Reviewed May 18, 2015 via mobile

7 couples. We arrive for check in and some of us dont have rooms in the Elefance club that we booked and paid for. Instead if explaining what they were doing we waited for 3.5 hours in the lobby. I asked several times to speak to a manager. Each time i was refused. I take three trips a year. By far the worst service i have ever received at a resort.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pleary317
Reviewed May 17, 2015

First of all, I would definitely go back to this hotel.
The best thing that this hotel has is their employees. Their staff if really service oriented and super friendly. I mean I had interactions with the waiters, entertainers, lobby personnel, cleaning personnel and most other staff: Their service was fantastic and very helpful. The facilities are really good, the pool is huge, the rooms are super cozy and romantic. I was on my my anniversary and this selection was perfect for it. We were even greeted with a Happy Anniversary ribbon on our room door. (What a detail!!)

I will summarize my trip on this Plus and Deltas (Improvement areas):
+ Plus:
1- Hotel Staff (Service oriented and very kind)
2- Quality of the Food (Tasty food and the flavor was consistent)
3- Variety of food ( more than 3 restaurants and the buffet is huge with lots of different food from local Dominican, to European, American, etc).
4- Facilities have a lot of amenities (Pool with lots of entertainment, Volleyball, Espuma (bubbles) Party, etc) Beach Volley, Aerobics, Kayaking, and Snorkeling.
5- Quiet atmosphere (There's party and fun ,but you won't be bothered by disrespectful drunk people or party animals every where)
6- Entertainment (They have a fine entertainment team with dancing, languages and sport classes and other fun stuff)

-Deltas:
1- There was a slight rotten odor in the shower drain hole
2- Pizza at the beach area Buffet was cold and dull

Room tip: Enjoy the romantic beach dinner and Tell the staff in advance if on Aniversary /Honeymoon: They'll do special details
Date of stay: April 2015
1  Thank Joelo-A
Majestic_Management, Community Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2015

Dear Joelo-A,

Receive a warm greeting from Majestic Elegance Punta Cana. It is a pleasure for us to read your experience about your recent stay at our hotel, to know how satisfied you felt with our services, accommodations and treatment encourage us to keep giving the best of us, since it is proof that we are achieving our main goal which is to make the best of all our guests vacations.

It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your vacation here in our Hotel, your comment is very important to us to improve and better ourselves. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,