Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
Barcelo.com
$500
$184
Savings alert! 54% below average rates

The price you found is 54% lower than this hotel's average rate of $403/night.

Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$205
$128
Melia.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

$465
Hotelpower.com
$168
HotelsClick
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

No availability for your dates from our partners
16,808 results
All reviewselegance clubsea and seelimited gourmandsea restaurantflavors buffetpunta canaitalian restaurantbali bedsclub sectionswim up suitemichael jackson showfunjestic teamour honeymoonpool barsushimajestic drinkclub members
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Wow!
I don't even know where to begin. We had the time of our lives with a large wedding celebration. My husband and I enjoyed ourselves immensely.

Rooms:
Our room was amazing. It was cleaned everyday and our maid always went the extra mile. Some people complain too much- our jacuzzi was cleaned and we always got what we needed;sometimes you just need to ask (eg. Facecloths). Our room location was 1301(1st building, 3rd floor, rm #1)- not the best view but we were hardly in it. If you want a decent view ask to be on the other side- you would get a pool view instead. Also, if noise bothers you ask for a room that begins with 2,3,or 4. We were closest to the entertainment.

Food:
The food was great- typical resort fare. We enjoyed the buffet but one week was enough. There was a wide selection and each day was a different theme. We also enjoyed the steakhouse, Japanese tapenyaki(2x), and sea to sea. All meals were awesome! I wish I could remember our Japanese chef and waiter's name because they truly added to the fabulous ambience that evening. Make sure you don't each too much sushi beforehand!

Our friends had a semi private wedding supper at Sea to Sea. Every bride should book semi private- it was a steak and lobster supper that seemed like it was private- we had the whole right side of the restaurant.

The best part- our great friends Stalin and Jonathan at the late night burger joint! They were FANTASTIC! Definitely a great late night snack.
.. check your burger from any restaurant sometimes they aren't cooked the whole way.

Excursions:
We went ziplining with canopy tours. Thank you Willie and Wilson for the great time. The ziplining was fun but the ride seemed like it took forever(1.5hrs).

Service:
The servers were very attentive but their lack of English made it difficult to understand/get assistance. However, the staff did their best to help you. There is definitely a hierarchy of power- so be patient when they are attempting to solve issues you may have.

There are many stores on the resort where you can purchase trinkets, clothes, sunglasses etc. They also have pepto, immodium, etc. Obviously more expensive than back home.

There is a market about a ten minute walk from the hotel. It is near the entrance to the resort. Be prepared to barter and be haggled by the shop keepers to come to their shop. However prices are much cheaper than the resort.

Wedding:
My friends got married and it was breathtaking. Everything went relatively smoothly- just remember they work on Dominican time so don't stress! The wedding was on the beach and the semi-private supper was at sea to sea. The bride also had an awesome private bar/dance until the disco opened. Phenomenal!!! And if you eannt memorable, fabulous, amazing photos get Jamie dimitry- he is from Canada but often shoots at ME.

Overall,we had a fantastic time and would return in a second! People who complain need to have an open mind- nothing is perfect but ME comes close!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Jess2828
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having just returned from a vacation at the Majestic Elegance let me pass on a couple of things. The beach is amazing. Well above expectations. We paid for the Elegance Club and it was ‘well worth the extra cost’. We had friends that did not book the club and that quote is theirs. The shining star of our stay was our butler ‘Sammy’. Every day he went out of his way to ensure we had the best experience. Twice he went into town to complete a request that could not be fulfilled at the resort. Sammy you are the best!! The rest of the staff were friendly and most spoke at least some English. If there are any complaints it would be the food was a little below what I was expecting and parts of the resort feels a little tired. Not dirty and I never smelt anything like what was said in other reviews but management could expend a little more effort in bringing the girl back to her glory.
A couple of tips …
1st tip. If you go to the front desk to ask for change take a smaller bill, $20 or so and tell them you need change for tips. Works every time. The first time I asked I had a $50 and did not make it clear what I wanted the money for.
2nd tip. Ask for pay for the Elegance Club and ask for Sammy as your butler.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We just returned from our family vacation Feb 17-Feb 19th at the Majestic Elegance ....
The rooms were quite nice and the resort was beautiful....The beach was nice, but crowded.
Most of the dining experience was Buffet Style....there are a couple nicer restaurants you can go to for dinner, but you need to make reservations.
90% of our family got sick on this trip....either the food or the water was bad....
Not eager to return...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank joan_kreutz
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We just returned from a week vacation at the Majestic Elegance. Our son got married there and it was beautiful. The resort was beautiful, beautiful beaches, the pool was very nice, and the staff were great. If we ever went back we would upgrade to the elegance club, more perks. The resort is clean and set up nicely. The food was ok, although we arrived late in the evening and had troubles finding something to eat. The only place we got something to eat was at the Seafood place , (the staff stayed open so we could eat) Sandra( server at the restaurant) made sure we ate. We were grateful, although my husband does not eat seafood. We later found out that there was a little diner that we could get burgers and chicken wing. If you have mobility issues the walking may be an issue for you, we had one person with us that did have some troubles.

The staff work very hard there and we appreciated that and tipped accordingly, one staff person stands out for all of us on the trip, her name is Yahaira Delos Santos, beautiful hardworking woman. She is a server at the pool bar. She was alway a pleasure to see each day, talked with us, danced with us and took the time to find out about our country. Very much enjoyed her. Thanks Yahaira you made our trip memorable and we appreciated you.

We went on a tour of a coffee planation and countryside, I was sad to see the poverty and garbage throughout the landscape. We stopped at a school, one of my cousin had brought school supplies to leave with the school. The public schools do not get much funding so anything like that is very much appreciated. If I go again I would do the same. I wish I would have. It is our understanding that people there work hard to send their children to private school.
Overall, trip was amazing, the wedding was beautiful, and we came home happy, tanned and relaxed which helps to break up our Canadian winters.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sharon S
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I am getting ready to return to the Majestic again for the eighth time. Love it there. The people that work there are the main attraction. The beach is beautiful with lots of lounging chairs to enjoy a good book. There are several huts that people can sit under if they want to be away from the direct sun. The pool is wonderful. There is a swim up bar, whirlpool and just swimming area. The rooms are very nice, with each having a large jet tub in them. There is a main buffet that offers different menus each day. There are also meals that you can reserve. They have a Chinese, Italian and American restaurant. Also there is a restaurant by the beach that serves lunch each day. Along with all of this, are the special events on the beach. Ex. white night, where everyone dresses in white and eats on the beach. Entertainment is each evening at 9PM. The Michael Jackson performance is fantastic. I've been to many places, but fiind the Majestic to be awesome.Of course, there are a few things I would change, but overall it is a great place to vacation.

Room Tip: I've been on all of the floors. Love the ones facing the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple