“Not worth the money”

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #4 of 112 Restaurants in Bavaro
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on the eastern most tip of the Dominican Republic, Punta Cana, a resort town and one of the Caribbean's top destinations, is home to the regions second Hard Rock Cafe and the seventh in the Caribbean. Ideally situated in the Palma Real Shopping Village, a new high-end mall in Bavaro, Hard Rock Cafe Punta Cana offers its guests the authentic rock atmosphere and great American fare that has made the Hard Rock brand world-famous. The 10,760-square-foot cafe features Hard Rock's outstanding menu, collectible merchandise and world-renowned memorabilia collection. Key pieces of memorabilia on display include items from contemporary stars, such as a shirt worn by Gwen Stefani during a performance on "Saturday Night Live," a guitar donated by Dominican music legend Juan Luis Guerra, and a shirt worn by Latin icon Juanes during his 2006 tour, as well as items from rock legends Billy Joel and all three members of The Police. THIS IS HARD ROCK
Montreal, Canada
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Was there the week of July 14, 2014 knowing it was a tourist trap but wanted to eat somewhere new and thinking there was going to be a band or something. The place was almost empty and no band. I never put in my reviews really bad reviews because it could be just a bad night or chef was sick and was replaced by a sous-chef or something. However, the 1/2 chicken I had was a joke. Totally dry and hard to chew, 2 gallons of BBQ sauce on it. My wife salad was OK she said. The prices are ridiculous for what we had. I was in a few different Hard Rock Café in the past but this one did not meet my expectations at all.

• Visited July 2014
Dario_Polanco, Gerente at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Let me first apologize for the experience you had here in Hard Rock Cafe Punta cana and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us .We aim to deliver an exceptional service to our guest and I have to agree that on this occasion the level of our service you received was unacceptable. I am looking forward to hearing from you and making up for any inconvenience this has caused you.
Should you wish to contact me or visit us again please send me an email at dario13hrc@gmail.com and I will make the necessary arrangements to ensure your next visit reaches the Hard Rock standard that we are renowned for.
I do hope that you give us another chance in the future to show you the truly amazing Hard Rock Experience!

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food and Great Service by Miguel Gil”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We went to the Cafetto everyday for lunch while we stayed at the HR. The food was constantly delicious and the service was always great. We were served by Miguel a few times and he was always very nice and would always make sure we had what we needed/wanted. He would even come check on us if he was not our server, and if we walked but the restaurant and he saw us he would wave and say hello. It was great and I recommend this cafe 110%.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Marilena_95
Dario_Polanco, Gerente at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the Hard Rock experience. We also invite you to leave your comment on the Hotel's trip advisor site. Thanks!

devon
“Fellow Brits dont waste your money.”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Food was ok but nothing special, service was shocking. And I have never paid so much in my life for a burger and chips!! So expensive , £6.00 for a milkshake - really!! And if the hidden cost such as tax and service charge was not high enough when we gave our money to pay the bill we got no change despite sitting there 10minutes, we realised the waitress was not coming back and left! Never Again!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank michaeldoel

“Don't eat here.”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This was a mistake to eat here. The food was clearly pre-prepared, the prices are outrageous, and the service was mediocre. There are far better and less expensive options in Punta Cana.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Madison V
Dario_Polanco, Gerente at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 1, 2014

Plainfield, Illinois
“American Food and Favorites”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The calamari was excellent. Fijitas also excellent. The waitress Yulesa?(not sure of spelling) 'Going to have a baby' was wonderul! Very sweet.

Visited July 2014
Dario_Polanco, Gerente at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at the Hard Rock Cafe Punta Cana.
We are so glad you liked our atmosphere, we look forward to see you again very soon!

You Rock !!!!