“hanging in memphis”

Ranked #1 of 2 Marion B&B and Inns
Goreville, Illinois
“hanging in memphis”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our stay was very nice. NO BUGS>>>VERY CLEAN and for the price I would definitely stay again. The staff was very friendly. If you are looking for the Taj Mahal then keep going but if you want and clean friendly place for a good price, this is the place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

When we moved our family ended up staying here for a month. Our new home had an unexpected electrical problem that required work t just meant no electricity until everything was complete. We had a nice room, was very affordable, and the most friendly staff. Our pet had a place with us as well. He was also welcomed. I highly recommend it. Its where my family stays when they are in town.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Payton9912
Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

This is my first night at the hotel and I regretfully have no choice but to stay in this nasty place for 3 weeks because my trucking company sends its potential drivers here for orientation. It's 12:30am and I cannot sleep because the bed bugs are biting so bad so I thought I would get on this site and see what everyone else wrote about their experience, and apparently I'm not the only one experiencing bed bugs. It doesn't look good on the company I am potentially going to drive for and I would reccomend anyone to find a different hotel. If it wasn't for the bed bugs I wouldn't have a problem. But they are terrible I am getting bitten as I am writing this in the room!!!

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank Suicide_silence_2003

Travelers are raving about these Marion hotels

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My husband and I arrived here after a long drive so we were pretty tired. Upon entering the room I smelled a super strong perfume smell but I was too tired to think that it would be a problem. I tried to keep the door open for a few minutes but there was too much noise coming from the interstate. By the time I tried to go to sleep an hour later I had a headache from the smell. Since it was late and we were already settled in for the night I didn't want to bother switching rooms. Othe complaints: the floor was sticky and extremely dirty; the bath mat in the bathtub moved when I stepped in and I almost fell; no box of tissue to blow my nose, I had to use toilet paper; the chain on the door was broken so it wasn't usable; only soap was provided, no shampoo or lotion; breakfast was meager - danishes, doughnuts, toast, cereal, juice, coffee. The wifi did work great though, and the bed was ok. The room was priced pretty cheap but I would rather not stay here again if I can help it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the interstate
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank strawberryrhubarbpie
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The stay was nice compare to my first stay... The only thing that I didn't like was that the housekeeper fix her some breakfast and sat down where the guest was suppose to sit... I know there has to be a place for them to eat...

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank msvic337
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2011

The young lady at the front desk was extremely nice and the lobby was was super clean and that is where they caught me. I paid $80 for a night at the landfill. The floor was disgusting. We had to wear socks and they were caked with deep dark dirt after wearing them for only a few hours. The beds were horrible! They had bumps everywhere and the sheets were rough and torn. This was in every room because we asked the other guests and they were mad too. We decided not to move to another hotel since according to other reviews the hotels nearby were equally dirty. We had driven for 20 hours by the time we arrived here that we were too tired to continue driving in search of other hotels. The restrooms were horrible. The rub was beyond slippery. My husband fell and hurt himself. Then when I bathed the kids I had to put towels in the tub to create some traction. I hope the cleanliness improves because it is a great resting point and could have great potential.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Vanesa_Carr
Marion, Arkansas
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Stained sheets, pillows, towels, and wash cloths, dirty floor, and nasty furniture seem to be the norm for this place. I wet a towel and wiped down the sticky furniture which turned the towel black. Itching while in bed might be due to bed bugs.
Disgusting!
The Best Western just down the street is much cleaner, and only cost a little more.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank stickysheets
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Comfort Inn Marion
#3 of 19 in West Memphis
Days Inn West Memphis
Days Inn West Memphis
#5 of 19 in West Memphis

Been to Hallmarc Inn? Share your experiences!