“Good place to spend the night”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn Marion

Comfort Inn Marion
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Marion
Butler, TN
“Good place to spend the night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2010

Had a bit of difficulty when checking in as the reservation was coming up under my name and priority club, but with an incorrect address - but the reservation was made through Choice Hotels. Very clean and spacious room -- a bit short on necessities and towels are "skimpy".

Had a very nice breakfast with sausage gravy and biscuits, boiled eggs, cereal, fruit, doughnuts and muffins and waffles.

Staff was very knowledgeable about the area and my only negative was that there was no paper as promised.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Covington, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

This hotel is only 2 yrs old and is very, very comfortable and well worth the money. The front desk gentleman was very, very helpful and gave me a superior room. Very, very large and very comfortable bedding. The bathroom was also very, very spacious. Rooms like this are twice the price in other locations. Only negative was I was on the freeway side of structure and traffic was audible. Other than that, a perfect stay. Thank you

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2010

The Comfort Inn Marion appears to be very new. The rooms are your standard fare for the Choice Hotel chain, clean and functional. The beds were comfortable, fluffy pillows and my room had a desk and soft chair/ottoman for reading.

The breakfast is continental with the do-it-yourself waffles and pre-peeled hardboiled eggs. McDonalds is just down the street. This motel is located off of I-55 between Memphis and Little Rock. The truck traffic is 24/7, so if you stay here book a room on the opposite side of the freeway! I'm not necessarily a light sleeper, but the traffic was very loud. This motel does a lot of business travel, so call to confirm your room away from the highway before you arrive - otherwise it may be completely booked when you arrive.

Roughly 30 minutes to the airport in Memphis, it's confusing to access both to and from the highway here, so follow your GPS! Also, it's just a little too far to get to the city to eat, so try Coltons steakhouse for lunch or dinner. It was reasonably priced and they had some good specials!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, CO
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,014 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

This hotel is new, built in Aug. 2008. It is very nice & very clean! The rooms are large & spotless, everything is new and in excellent condition. Our room had a frig & micro also. It is hard to get to if you are traveling north on I-55, you have to exit on the ramp, figure out how to turn around go back south on the service road. It is not the hotel's fault the road system is so messed up. The hotel only has a seasonal outdoor pool so we couldn't swim. It has free Wireless Internet and free breakfast.

The breakfast however, was had the smallest selection of food I have ever seen at a hotel before. I memorized exactly what was being served to be able to tell you. They had exactly 10 food items: make-your-own waffles, bread, english muffins, plain glazed donuts, mini blueberry muffins, raisin bran, fruit loop cereal, hard boiled eggs, banana and apples. 4 beverage options: 2% milk, gourmet coffee, decaf coffee, juice machine. The juice machine also served water & a pot near the coffee had hot water. It was enough food to fill us but I was surprised at the very limited selection.

They do have too many smoking rooms so we had to specifically request a room far from the smoking section. The only time we did smell smoke was the next morning in the bathroom. When the bathroom light is one, the fan automatically comes on and it was pulling in smoke from the room below us. I really wish it was a non-smoking hotel.

Overall based on the hotel's friendly staff & how very clean it was - we would definately stay hear again! It's an excellent choice! It is near Memphis, TN.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
usmcafarmy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2009

This was actually one of three hotels I stayed at for the 4th of July weekend, due to lack of planning. We were going to stay at Hallmarc in since my husband already had a room there because his work sent him there.. After seeing that hotel we moved. I was very impressed with the room. Very clean and everything seemed close to luxury. I felt comfortable and safe which I very important to me since we have a 9 month old. I just wish I would have just made the whole weekend reservation there as a backup plan.. If you have to stay in Marion or West Memphis this a really good hotel to pick.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2009

I was planning on using my GPS to find an address for a hotel I would call hotwire for but the GPS froze. So I ended up having to find a hotel along I-55 so that I wouldn't get lost. From the freeway, I could see the Comfort Inn and it looked very, very nice. But I saw signs for a Best Western and a couple of non-brand hotels and exited. The Best Western looked like a junky motel and the non-brands were worse. (Now they may have been nice on the inside or the service might have been good, but from the outside, they looked really yucky.) So I made my way back to the Comfort Inn. I was lucky to have gotten a room. This obviously is the only decent hotel in the area and many travelers were staying there. It's brand new and very, very nice. I got a AAA rate of $80 which is a fair price for a nice clean room, high ceilings, flat screen tv (albeit small with not alot of channels), marble bathroom, clean carpets, good bed. Being off the freeway, you could hear a little traffic but nothing that would keep you up. My room faced an apartment building so I couldn't have my curtains open (just to insure my privacy), There's complimentary breakfast but nothing super special....hard boiled eggs, a couple cereals, muffins, toast, waffle maker.

The service roads used to get to the Comfort Inn are very odd to me. You have to see it to understand what I'm talking about but you have to be very careful when driving to get there. The service roads on both sides of the freeway have two directions. There's a little yield sign at the freeway exit and unless you see the sign, you could be in danger of hitting an exiting car head on.....very, very dangerous the way Arkansas has that set up. But that's not the hotel's fault.

One other comforting aspect was the security. I was driving my son's car up to his college loaded with valuables. Not anything great in the back seat but the trunk would have been a payload for someone. I specifically asked about the security of the parking lot before checking in. The young girl at the desk mentioned that since they have females working the counter all night, security drives by regularly. Sure enough, there were no problems that occurred.

This is a good hotel right off the freeway. Good value...nothing super special but it was perfect for the pinch I found myself in.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Hampton Inn Marion
#3 of 19 in West Memphis
Days Inn West Memphis
Days Inn West Memphis
#5 of 19 in West Memphis

Been to Comfort Inn Marion? Share your experiences!