“NICE, CLEAN, COMFORTABLE” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Marion
Indiana
“NICE, CLEAN, COMFORTABLE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here several times because it is the newest and cleanest motel in the area of West Memphis. Each time we were not disappointed. One reviewer complained about highway noise and he/she is right about that. I 55 is noisy and if you have a room facing the hwy. some of it filters into the room through the AC unit. A much different story on the opposing side of the hotel so try to book there if noise is a issue. I have to say that we were never bothered by what noise made its way into the room.
The rooms we have had were roomy, clean and comfortable with all the amenities. They have a nice continental breakfast bar and the staff is always polite and helpful. Free wireless internet and a nice work area to use it in all rooms. Plus an area in the lobby to use their computer if you don't have your own. A little pricey at $82 but it's worth it for us.

Room Tip: If a little noise is a problem ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Martin, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

I chose to stay here because it was within an hour of where I needed to be the following day. I had driven all day, and was tired. My choice to stay at the Comfort Inn was predicated on several factors - location, online reputation and appearance. While this is not a $40 a night stay, it was a good value for the money. The hotel was extremely clean, the bed was quite comfortable, and the desk clerks were both professional and friendly. The only thing I might mention is that the parking in the front is great. However I drove around to the back lot behind the hotel and elected not to park there. It is somewhat dark, and kind of spooky. My car would have been the only one in that lot, which would have been vulnerable to break-ins or robbery. Fortunately, there was one single space in front, which is where I parked. All in all, a very good value for the money. The breakfast is adequate and included in the price. I paid 82.00 for the nights stay, and it was a good value for the money. Bottom line? I would stay there again, and will if I am in the area again.

Room Tip: The property has both smoking and non-smoking rooms. My room was non-smoking, and was very clean wi...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rickradio
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

This is a fairly new hotel. The rooms are updated and the staff are friendly and helpful. Stayed here four nights and had a good stay. The only problem is the road noise. The hotel is right on the freeway and the noise can be quite loud. I suggest using the fan on the AC to cut out some noise.

• Stayed November 2011
Park Forest, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

The rooms are very nice and very clean. The staff are excellent and we really enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

It was wonderful getting into my room to watch the sunset over the golf course across the interstate. I felt very safe and good about leaving my car in the parking lot. Room was very nicely decorated, bed was very comfortable. The noise from the interstate didn't bother me, but if you're the kind of person that needs absolute silence to sleep then it might be a problem. Staff was very friendly. The only complaint was that the country gravy in the morning was sorta cold. Otherwise, I would definatly return here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very nice room and facilities! Be careful getting on and off of the interstate, the feeder road runs paralell to the interstate.

Room Tip: Did not hear interstate from roadside rooms!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Ok, my family and I have traveled cross-country quite a bit in the last few years and I have to say, I have NEVER lost sleep over freeway noise in a hotel. There's a first for everything, I guess. Yes this hotel is new and clean - extremely important attributes - but my son and I actually resorted to wrapping towels over our ears to try and muffle the freeway noise so we could just please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD get to sleep! We had the A/C and Fan on high, towels over our ears, and STILL the noise was INTOLERABLE! To make matters worse, the power to the hotel went out from 1am-3am (ok, not their fault, but it added to the misery of the night) so not only were we sweltering due to lack of air conditioning, we were wide awake, forced to listen to every semi-truck on the interstate. We'd driven 600 miles that day, with another 600 more miles to go, and this was one of the longest nights of my life. In the morning I told the front desk clerk about our night from hell and she just laughed. Not exactly the response I expected, but hey.
SO, I would say if you have to stop at this hotel, DO NOT underestimate the freeway noise and if you need to sleep, do yourself a favor and request an ODD-Numbered room. We got the last non-smoking room available and the power went out, or I'd have switched rooms in thebmiddle of the night in a heartbeat. My kids have half-jokingly been instructed to "never speak of Marion, Arkansas" again. Next time we'll plan accordingly and keep on driving. There's a wonderful Holiday Inn Express in Lonoke that is much quieter if you can spare the extra hour or so drive there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Shuddaflew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Hampton Inn Marion
#5 of 19 in West Memphis
Homegate Inn & Suites
Homegate Inn & Suites
#3 of 19 in West Memphis

Been to Comfort Inn Marion? Share your experiences!