“Beautiful room, great hotel!”
Review of Comfort Inn Marion

Comfort Inn Marion
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed September 24, 2011

It was wonderful getting into my room to watch the sunset over the golf course across the interstate. I felt very safe and good about leaving my car in the parking lot. Room was very nicely decorated, bed was very comfortable. The noise from the interstate didn't bother me, but if you're the kind of person that needs absolute silence to sleep then it might be a problem. Staff was very friendly. The only complaint was that the country gravy in the morning was sorta cold. Otherwise, I would definatly return here.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very nice room and facilities! Be careful getting on and off of the interstate, the feeder road runs paralell to the interstate.

Room Tip: Did not hear interstate from roadside rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Ok, my family and I have traveled cross-country quite a bit in the last few years and I have to say, I have NEVER lost sleep over freeway noise in a hotel. There's a first for everything, I guess. Yes this hotel is new and clean - extremely important attributes - but my son and I actually resorted to wrapping towels over our ears to try and muffle the freeway noise so we could just please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD get to sleep! We had the A/C and Fan on high, towels over our ears, and STILL the noise was INTOLERABLE! To make matters worse, the power to the hotel went out from 1am-3am (ok, not their fault, but it added to the misery of the night) so not only were we sweltering due to lack of air conditioning, we were wide awake, forced to listen to every semi-truck on the interstate. We'd driven 600 miles that day, with another 600 more miles to go, and this was one of the longest nights of my life. In the morning I told the front desk clerk about our night from hell and she just laughed. Not exactly the response I expected, but hey.
SO, I would say if you have to stop at this hotel, DO NOT underestimate the freeway noise and if you need to sleep, do yourself a favor and request an ODD-Numbered room. We got the last non-smoking room available and the power went out, or I'd have switched rooms in thebmiddle of the night in a heartbeat. My kids have half-jokingly been instructed to "never speak of Marion, Arkansas" again. Next time we'll plan accordingly and keep on driving. There's a wonderful Holiday Inn Express in Lonoke that is much quieter if you can spare the extra hour or so drive there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Shuddaflew
Reviewed June 17, 2011

This hotel is newer, trendy in comparison to most choice properties and right off of the interstate. This is probably my 4th stay at this hotel and I'm impressed each time. The rooms are spacious, bedding is superb, flat screen hdmi televisions and the overall room and property is kept up nicely. Of your looking for REAL quality at a discounted price, this is the place for you.

The property is conveniently located near Memphis TN and plenty of places to het some grub nearby as well.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 8, 2011

This hotel is a very good option if you are driving through Memphis but don’t want to stay in the craziness of the city. It was about a 20 minute drive to Graceland so it wasn’t too far away but it didn’t feel like we were staying in the city. It is located right off the interstate so if you have a room facing the interstate (like we did) it can be a bit noisy, but all hotels in this area have the same problem, good luck finding one that isn’t “on top of the interstate.” The view across the interstate was of the golf course which was quite pretty. The hotel was very clean, the staff was nice. The pool was broken, which was very unfortunate as it was really hot day.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2011

This looked like the nicest, newest hotel on the service road for I-55 in Marion, ar. The staff was friendly. They let us park our Expedition with Harley on trailer under their portico and keep the truck and trailer in their lot while we took the bike for a 6 day ride. It is in a convenient area, has large rooms, cozy beds and granite bathrooms. It would be excellent except pool was outdoors and no hot tub.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2011

If your looking for a place to stay in the West Memphis/Marion area you should be choosy because there are definitely some unsavory hotels and unsafe areas, particularly in West Memphis.

Thankfully the Comfort Inn was great, last time I was in the area I stayed at the Quality Inn and that place was horrible. This is a nice, newer Comfort Inn. Yes it does sit right alongside the Interstate and there is a lot of road noise, still the area seems nicer and safer then anything in a similar price range in West Memphis.

The room was spacious, the Internet worked great, the bed was comfortable, staff were friendly, really there was little to complain about at all, I'd gladly stay again when I'm in town.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Hampton Inn Marion
#10 of 19 in West Memphis
Days Inn West Memphis
Days Inn West Memphis
#5 of 19 in West Memphis

Been to Comfort Inn Marion? Share your experiences!