“lovely setting, good food”

Tyrrellspass Castle Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This 15th Century Castle serves as a Restairant and Coffee Shop located 2 minutes from the M6 Dublin - Galway motorway (Juntion 4). With 5 dining areas we have capacity for up to 200 people. We cater everything from cappuccinos and sandwiches to 5 course dinner menus. This unique setting is perfect for Birthday Parties, Anniversaries, Communions, Confirmations, Tour Groups and social Groups. We are also a HSE approved wedding venue.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

this is a great place to eat after touring kilbeggan distillery as it is just down the road. the setting is lovely and the menu is varied with something for everyone. the food is tasty and well presented and the service was very good.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

It was my nephews second birthday and instead of having to cook at home, we decided that we would go out and a homely cooked dinner. I haven't eaten here in years, but it didn't disappoint and service and food were A+. We had the birthday boy who didn't want to sit for too long and my niece and they enjoyed the food and atmosphere. There was a party of nine and the only thing I why I haven't given the review 5 out of 5 is that they put us into a corner of the room and when the five near the wall got in, you couldn't move. I would recommend people to visit and would return.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Worst ever seen.
Mini breakfast served on a roasting hot plate. Bacon was almost raw sausages were rubber egg looked like plastic. Have tried this place before on different days and times .And have always being disappointed
Will not be back.

2  Thank Liam K
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This restaurant never fails to impress me. The standards are very high and the portion size is very generous. The surroundings and the stone walls add to the overall charm whether you visit by day or by night.

1  Thank Stephen K
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant is a great local employer and always delivers excellent traditional Irish food. Well worth a detour any day of the week. The portions are huge but this does not come at the expense of quality. The vol au vonts are amazing and are a must have every time I eat here. As can be seen by other reviews, if it's traditional grub you are looking for, look no further.

1  Thank WestmeathPat