We've just returned from a 2 week stay at the Amari Vogue (Mar/Apr 2013) and had an absolutely lovely time!
We're a UK couple who were on our 'babymoon' so were looking for something super relaxing where we wouldn't need to do anything or go anywhere unless we wanted to and the Amari Vogue gave us this and much more!
We stayed in one of the One Bedroom Villas (1104) and it was lovely. Bigger than expected and with its own private plunge pool which gave us options on the odd occasion the main pool got crowded.
So the highlights...
Service - probably the best we've had in Thailand (this is our fourth trip staying in similar sorts of hotels). It starts with Michael who is the GM and cares passionately about you, his staff and that everyone is having a good time and getting what they want out of their holiday. The rest of the staff are also fantastic with the usual Thai hospitality... look out for Wanna who is one of the restaurant staff and was really friendly and great at her job. The hotel does loads of little touches that all add up to great service... things like iced water throughout the day by the pool, complementary ice creams, fresh fruit again poolside and then little tasty sweat treats everyday in your room!
Food - both the Thai and Italian restaurants are top quality. A bit pricier than over in Ao Nang or the village closer to the resort but you get what you pay for. Every other night the hotel do some sort of themed buffet which is outdoor by or on the beach. If you don't fancy going out then I'd thoroughly reocmmend these... loads of different food options from really fresh salads to grilled seafood (huge king prawns!) and local thai cuisine. The hotel also organise nice little touches like a fire dancer, live singers and the opportunity to light laterns from the beach after your meal... was quite surreal and felt like a scene from 'The Beach'! At breakfast there are loads of different options from western to asian and we ended up eating a lot!
Facilities - The hotel has everything you need... the spa is fantastic, a decent gym and a number of pools with amazing views out and over the islands. The pools are lovely with loads of sunken seats to cool off in and still get sun and various jets / fountains to splash around in. The hotel is also right on the beach so easy access straight into the Andaman Sea!
View / surroundings - The hotel faces west so you get the most amazing sunsets over Hong Island and the other islands. You will never get bored of the view... it's simply stunning at any time of day and I would thoroughly recommend getting a long tail out to Hong Island... if you go early you can be the first people on the beach which was pretty cool!
Things to be aware of...
Location - As per the other reviews, the hotel is about 20 mins from Ao Nang and about 10 mins from the nearest village. This didn't bother us at all given we didn't really want to leave the hotel but there aren't a load of shops / restaurants in the immediate proximity to the hotel. The hotel do put on a free shuttle 2-3 times a day into Ao Nang and there is a small village about a 5-10 min taxi away which has some really good restaurants - some of which will come and pick you / drop you back at the Amari for free (ask for Mr O at reception).
Pool / Beach - The main pool is small and did fill up over Easter when the hotel was at full capacity. It was fine as we had a plunge pool to head back to but it's a shame the pool isn't bigger. The beach when the tide goes out is wide... this didn't bother us but may not be for all people.
So... all in all an amazing couple of weeks. Lovely hotel, fantastic staff and stunning view!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine opening your door and stepping out into a tropical paradise, where the horizon merges with the islands and the sea and every sunrise is a burst of colour. Amari invites you to Krabi, one of Southern Thailand’s most beautiful beach destinations. Situated on the sandy white shores of Tub Kaek Beach beside the tranquil blue of the Andaman Sea, Amari Vogue Krabi is an intimate 57-room resort with elegant Lanna-inspired architecture in beautiful garden setting. The hotel boasts luxury accommodation suitable for any holiday, from romantic weekend getaways to family vacations, including the indulgent Spa Suites and One Bedroom Villas for a truly exceptional holiday experience. Slow down the pace of your life and be swept away by the tropical magic of Krabi. Dine on impeccably prepared choices at the beachfront Bellini Italian Restaurant. Toast the stars from the balcony of your delightfully comfortable suite. Pamper yourself with a full-body massage at the renowned Breeze Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amari Hotels, Expedia, Agoda, Cancelon, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Amari Vogue Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Vogue Krabi Hotel Nong Thale
- Amari Vogue Hotel
- Amari Vogue Krabi Thailand