“great stay”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
New Delhi, India
“great stay”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

well exotic location coupled with the fantastic service, the beach the fodd...well all in all its a wonderful place to stay if you are in krabi...the italian restaurant does serve some lip smacking dishes...the pizzas are grt too....but the one thing tht puts everything else down is the beach...wonderful...just go there and lose urself..

Room Tip: corner suites are better
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anup_navy
AmariVogueKrabi, General Manager at Amari Vogue Krabi, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear anup_navy,

Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased to read that you had a great stay. I believe with the corner suites you mean the Honeymoon Deluxe Rooms with the Jacuzzi on the balcony.

Michael Vogt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Firs of all i wanted to say what i am absolutely agree with everybody who have left their reviews below. It is absolutely fantastic, atmosphere is relaxing, views are stunning. But ... 1) Staff are great, but there were 1 lady at the reception desk who seemed to hate me and my husband for some reason. We could feel it every time we were passing through reception area. She was unfriendly all the time and was treating us like we did something wrong to her. 2) We were offered dirty towels at swimming pool area and before to go to excursion several times. Staff have changed it of course after i have asked it, but it was quite uncomfortable. 3) To get jacuzzi on you have to ask several time if you coming after 6pm. The answer was "jacuzzi is finished", which was a little bit strange. We have not found in any place any information about working hours of jacuzzi. Anyway, after asking several times they normally turning it on. 4) Meal at the hotel. It was torture for us, because we both are vegetarians. Breakfast was OK, but lunch and dinner were terrible. We have tried pizza once in Italian restaurant and it had no taste at all. No salsa or something, only several piece of vegetables on the white bread. Tasteless. Another time we tried to eat thai soup for lunch and it was more or less the same. We have been travelling round Thailand before our arrival to this hotel and knew what thai cuisine is about, so soup at the restaurant were more like a boiled water with a lot of paper and some pre-cooked vegetables added. It took them around 5 minutes to serve us a soup, so i guess this is exactly how they cooked it. We needed to escape to the city to get some meal for us and it was quite uncomfortable as well. If you have not reserved seat at 12 seater bus (1 or 2 days in advance) which run between AoNang and hotel twice a day, you have to take a taxi which is quite expensive if you need it only for to get some food. I dont really understand, why Amari, which is not a cheap hotel, cant arrange at least some 2 more buses to AoNong during the day? 3) We liked our bathrobes in the room, they were super comfortable and nice to wear, so we have decided to buy 2. I have double checked at the reception if we could get 2 new bathrobe, not used ones and they told - now problem, all we do sell are brand new. We were quite surprised at home when we have opened the bag and they have not looked like new at all, moreover one of them have got a hole in the middle. 4) We have been highly recommended Rafting excursion. Everything what have been in the description of the excursion was lie (not kidding, every single word), rafting was unsafe, organisation very poor and no one have told one what for to get to the place of rafting we have to spend 2 hours on the bus. 5) It is not possible to swim after lunch time because water is low. But for us it was not a problem, because we have enjoyed swimming pools.

So that is it. It is still beautiful place to stay and stunning views, but you should be ready for some issues.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yulia250881
Dear Mary294009,

Thank you very much for spending your honeymoon with us in Krabi. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and the stunning views. Please accept our apologies for the incidents occurred during your stay. Thank you very much for reporting them.

Regarding the bath robes which you bought and are not happy with, please return them to my attention and I will replace them.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

Best regards,

Surrey
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was our first holiday in the Far East/Thailand so I have nothing to compare it with - but we loved it!

The hotel is isolated being one of only four hotels cut into the rainforest about 20 minutes from the bustling Ao Nang (500 bhats for taxi or 45 minutes motorcycle tuk tuk same price but more fun!). The beach is really nice with amazing views of the little islands.

Warning: there are a lot of steps (interspaced with terraces) from the lobby/breakfast/main building down to the beach & back up again. I didn't count them but my legs suffered so I would guess that about 70 - 100 is right! We just made sure we remembered everything for the day.

Our room (4404) was excellent and had a good seaview with a comfortable couch on the balcony. The room was very spacious with an enormous and very comfortable super-king sized bed. Hairdryer, safe, welcome fruit, tea/coffee making facilities, complimentary water, toiletries all included. Spotlessly clean every day - thank you!

Breakfast is taken in The Lotus Restaurant... good choice of buffet food (cereals, fruit, egg station, bacon, pancakes, toast & pastries, local dishes etc) The staff were excellent - after our first morning they knew exactly how we liked our tea!

We never had a problem with finding sunbeds & the beach boys/waiters are really good. There is complimentary water on the beach from an urn, and the boys brought round iced water during the day (Thanks Jurmanjee). They also bought round mini ice-cream cones & fruit skewers. Beach towels are provided & reception will give you towels & bottles of water if you are going on a trip.

Happy Hour (2 for 1) is between 5.30 to 6.30pm...the only exception is wine (apparantly people were trying to buy a bottle/get a bottle free so they stopped it...I think they could however include glasses of wine). Alcohol (especially wine) is quite expensive in Krabi (a bottle of wine generally costs from 1,000 bhats (£20) a bottle.

There are two restuarants; Bellini, the Italian by the beach (lunch & dinnner) & the Lotus,Thai up in the main building (dinner). The food was generally good, although service in The Lotus the evening we ate there was quite slow even though it was not particularly busy. We also walked along the beach to the Tupkaak Boutique Hotel which served really nice lunch & dinner with a varied menu of Thai & Western dishes.

We took two boat trips: Hong Island in the longtail boats from the beach (1700 bhats for two people for approx 3 hours - no need to book, just turn up) This was a really nice trip & quieter but just as good as Phi-Phi Islands which we did by speedboat (1800 bhats each including transfer to boat, lunch & snorkeling) We booked this through reception who were very helpful.

We went into Ao Nang twice; it is a typical tourist town with numerous bars, restaurants, shops etc. We did eat at a Thai Pad which was delicious & really cheap and also at a restaurant (Grammas) which was ok but service was slow. The hotel offers 2 shuttle services @ 1pm, returning @ 4pm and 4.30pm returning @ 8pm. We paid to make our own way since we were still on the beach until sunset @ 6.15pm. We also ate at Lae Lays (seafood) just outside Ao Nang with lovely views & food but an expensive £80 bill (including a bottle of wine!).

What impressed us most with the Amari Vogue was the little extras...we paid B&B but the little extras (complimentary water etc) and the attentiveness of the staff made this so much more. The Thai people are really lovely

I'm not sure that I would go back, only because the area is so quiet and we feel that we've 'done it', but I would recommend it and stay at another Amari hotel when we go to Thailand again.

Room Tip: Our room 4404 had a good seaview.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KatieHSurrey
AmariVogueKrabi, General Manager at Amari Vogue Krabi, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear KatieHSurrey,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at Amari and your experience in Krabi. We are very pleased to read that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed your stay.

We will share your compliments with our fellow Team Members. In any service industry, special emphasis is placed on staff training and it is always rewarding when guests voice their appreciation.

Thank you again for sharing. We are looking forward to welcome you back to one of our Amari Hotels & Resorts in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We spent three nights here and really loved it. We'd been traveling for about two weeks and had been on the go quite a bit, so it was nice to slow down and relax.

Highlights of the hotel-- great service, friendly staff, good food at the restaurants, right on the beach, nice pools, plenty of free bottled water, great breakfast which is included in your stay, comfortable beds, really quiet, long tail boats right on the beach waiting for you.

Other things to note, it's a good 20 minute shuttle ride into Ao Nang. We had spent a few nights in the hustle and bustle there already, so we didn't go back. The hotel does offer free shuttle services two times a day though. We loved our room and the private balcony, we had a slight ocean view, so that was nice.

At the restaurants, we loved the Thai pizza at Bellini's, be sure to also enjoy their sunset happy hour. At the Lotus, we enjoyed our papaya salad the best, but even a little spicy is really spicy. Service was friendly although food service is sometimes slow, but not terrible, it's not as if you have somewhere else to go.

We did one long tail boat tour over to Railay. Once there we went to Pranang Cave Beach and checked out East Railay. It was a nice trip and took about 45minutes to get there-one way.

The only downside I see is that during busy season it may be hard to get a lounge chair, as many of the guests did not pick up their towels when they were done so it was hard to know which seats were really taken and which just still had towels sitting there. It's not a complaint against the hotel, just pool etiquette.

Overall a fantastic place to stay, very friendly management & staff, and would recommend to family & friends traveling to Krabi area. We checked out rather quickly on our departure and just grabbed our luggage and left. We received an email from their manager, Michael Vogt, apologizing for not handling our luggage upon departure. I thought nothing of it at the time, but goes to show how well they are with customer service.

Thanks Michael & Staff for a great few days at Amari Vogue Krabi

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MileHiTravelrs
AmariVogueKrabi, General Manager at Amari Vogue Krabi, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear MileHiTravelrs,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed our service, the friendly staff, the food at the restaurants, the pools, the free bottled water and our Amari beds.

Thank you also for posting those great pictures of our band and the sunset.

Already now we are looking forward to see you back soon again.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I absolutely loved this place! I traveled all over Thailand and felt like everything was very touristsy. My favorite place was Amari Vogue because it was a fantastic resort but it was also very secluded and far away from the cheesy tourist attractions.

Our room was amazing with the LARGEST bed I have ever seen.

The food here was amazing and so was the free breakfast buffet every morning. Eating at this hotel was the only time in Thailand I did not get sick!

Attractions: we signed up for the private long boat to Hong island. That was by far my favorite tour we did. Make sure you get a long boat by 9am so you can get to Hong Island before the island gets crowded and before the tide rises. Also, make sure to bring towels, snorkeling gear and a picnic (which you can purchase in advance through the hotel. The tuna sandwich is amazing!). I did this tour twice and have to say, do not waste your time going to the other islands around Hong. Stay at Hong and lay out and swim for awhile then maybe go look at the pretty Lagoon before heading back to the hotel.

I did another tour but cannot remember the name. We went to bamboo island, phi phi island etc. That was a great one too. Just bring your own food. I got seriously ill from eating at lunch break and so did my friends.

Even though I got seriously ill... the staff and manager at Amari were absolutely amazing!!!! They gave me this milk to drink for my stomach that worked and they really took care of me and were sincerely worried. Nothing is worse than getting sick in a foreign country, so for them to comfort me was priceless.

I originally booked our stay for one night... we loved it there so much we extended it for 2 more nights.... then we cancelled our Chaing Mai trip and stayed the rest of the week there. I absolutely loved it!

Great experience and I cannot wait to go back!

p.s. the spa is great! Doa is a great massuese for women! Also, the chicken wrap at the pool is so good we ordered it every chance we could get!

Room Tip: Any room is great. Even if it's at the top and you have to walk down it is fine!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AmariVogueKrabi, General Manager at Amari Vogue Krabi, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Anntastic90210,

Thank you for the review. I was a pleasure that you were able to enjoy the largest bed you have ever seen. Unfortunately not all 57 rooms have this kind of bed.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you were even able to extend the 1 night stay to a full week.

We hope we will have a chance to welcome you back soon again.

Mcihael Vogt
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here in September 2012 and had a wonderful time. Lovely location, wonderful room and very friendly and attentive staff. The big problem was that unfortunately I got severe food poisoning from some prawns I had at the restaurant (our last meal in Thailand before we left!). It lasted for my entire 13 hour flight back, it's to be expected when you travel but not when the food was so expensive (we know it was the tom yum goong because my boyfriend and I ate exactly the same food as each other apart from that one dish as he was "sick of prawns"!). We will be going back in may but I will be sticking to the vegan options or eating elsewhere!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank CalaveraTattoo
AmariVogueKrabi, General Manager at Amari Vogue Krabi, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear CalaveraTattoo,

Thank you very much for your review and letting us know about the problem you had during your last dinner. We are very sorry and I hope you can accept our apologise. Thanks for pointing this out.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in May. And by that occasion our new chef Alexandre will show you how we improved this.

Best regards and until soon,

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed January 11, 2013

First thing i said after crossing reception lobby " This is magical" ....Beautiful formation of mountains overlooking from the face of resort made it special location. The food menu had some limitation on veggies. Sea-food & Bellini restaurant was really good. The location of resort is bit far from Ao-nang Krabi main city market but no issues to be far from town life when heaven is at door steps. 500 thai-baht taxi from Resort. Snorkeling trip can be arranged from Hotel for 2000 baht per head ( very professional & served meal package as well) >>>>> Phi-Phi islands- maya beach is part of snorkeling trip ( Absolutely Beautiful ! ) ....ideally for 3 nights.

Room Tip: its ok to go ahead with standard rooms...after all you're going to deep in the same Beach.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ujjvalAhmedabad
AmariVogueKrabi, General Manager at Amari Vogue Krabi, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear ujjvalAhmedabad,

Thank you very much for spending your Honeymoon with us and writing about your experience. It's a great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to welcome you back for your 1st wedding anniversary this year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nong Thale
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,359 reviews
The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort
Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort
Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve

Been to Amari Vogue Krabi? Share your experiences!