Amari Vogue is without doubt a hotel set in lovely grounds, on a great beach but, in my opinion, it did have flaws.
My review is based upon expectations of a top end hotel which by Thai standards, or any for that matter, was top end of the price scale too, so attention to detail is important to me.
Prior to arriving, the enquiry I'd sent to Amari about airport transportation wasn't acknowledged. Not the end of the world by any means but had they responded, they would have been aware that I was not travelling as Mr and Mrs, as detailed on my welcome letter. Taxis from the Airport are around £16.00 one way and there’s no problem catching one.
My room was clean and was cleaned daily, and most evenings a complimentary sweet was left, which was a nice touch. I liked the flowers on the pillow. But it was frustrating to be awoken from a mid-morning nap by House Keeping with continued door knocking despite having the chain on, because there was no do not disturb sign.
Lotus Restaurant was really quite nice and breakfast served from there was lovely. Loads of choice and very fresh. However I found the Italian restaurant to be over priced for the quality of the food I ate. Also I think that a 5* hotel should not serve happy hour, tall cocktails in plastic glasses. That made them feel cheap.
I can't fault the pools, they were lovely, and if you don't want to use the pools, the beach is good. You can hire a long tail boat from the beach to Hong Island and others, which I would recommend. They’re independent from the hotel, but great value and reliable. The Spa was great too.
The Gentleman on Concierge was always really friendly (sorry, I didn’t catch your name), as were the majority of staff. Overall Amari Vogue is a decent hotel, only about 45 minutes from Ao Nang, but I felt it lacked the sincerity of other places I stayed in during my trip.
But as always with any review, it’s always subjective.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine opening your door and stepping out into a tropical paradise, where the horizon merges with the islands and the sea and every sunrise is a burst of colour. Amari invites you to Krabi, one of Southern Thailand’s most beautiful beach destinations. Situated on the sandy white shores of Tub Kaek Beach beside the tranquil blue of the Andaman Sea, Amari Vogue Krabi is an intimate 57-room resort with elegant Lanna-inspired architecture in beautiful garden setting. The hotel boasts luxury accommodation suitable for any holiday, from romantic weekend getaways to family vacations, including the indulgent Spa Suites and One Bedroom Villas for a truly exceptional holiday experience. Slow down the pace of your life and be swept away by the tropical magic of Krabi. Dine on impeccably prepared choices at the beachfront Bellini Italian Restaurant. Toast the stars from the balcony of your delightfully comfortable suite. Pamper yourself with a full-body massage at the renowned Breeze Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amari Hotels, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Amari Vogue Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Vogue Krabi Hotel Nong Thale
- Amari Vogue Hotel
- Amari Vogue Krabi Thailand