We stayed in Sofitel at the peak season for one week. Altough the hotel and the hotel grounds are very beautiful we were a bit disappointed with our stay in Sofitel. I quess that the stuff is not used to a fully booked hotel and they were partly lost. Another problem could be that we went to Sofitel after TwinPalms in Phuket. TwinPalms was so good that Sofitel seemed to be weaker than it is after TP experience. On the other side to be fair I must say that TP is twice as expensive as Sofitel at the peak season.
We stayed at deluxe with sea view. The rooms are very spacey, but not so beautifully decorated as I am used to other Sofitels. It is very basic. Altough it is a very new hotel the TV is old model and the showers are old style. The colour combination at the bathroom was also not my taste. The room is good size, but has a lot of empty spaces. I had a feeling that it was more thought to put extra beds. The view from the balcony was very beautiful.
Very large. Very clean. It has a seperate kids part which makes it great for the kids and for the ones without kids. The surroundings are very beautiful. The pool is simply great and we enjoyed it a lot. There were always enough towels, but sun beds could be challenge when the hotel is full altough we always found a place.
Great for walking. Not good for swimming. You can walk from Sofitel till Sheraton and the way is a joy. Especially during low tide.
Poor. As said before there is nothing around. This wouldn`t be a problem if the food prices and spa prices were reasonable at the hotel and could be used, but that was absolutely not the case. The best part of the location was a small reaturant a few walk minutes away on the left side: JOS. Fantastic kitchen. You should be patient. The preparation takes time, but the food is DELICIOUS. He also organizes tail boats & laundry. Jos made our week!
We experienced it to be very poor. It was our worst experience in Thailand in 5 years. It could be due to the peak season and maybe the stuff was over loaded. No idea. Some issues we faced:
1. We joined the Christmas dinner at the Italian restaurant for 1500 THB per person without drinks. This is not cheap for Thailand and you can expect at least a bit good food for this price. The food was absolutely crap! We couldn´t eat the main dish. The lamb was fatty, cold and terribly cooked. We sent it back. We had to wait 20 min. for a Cola and had to order three times. The dessert was not what written in the menü. (or wrong translation to English) We also didn`t/ couldn`t eat the dessert. As we complained we got our Colas free. We had it free anyway because we had welcome drinks as A-Club platinum members! Our Christmas Eve was destroyed.
2. We took advantage of their free ride to Hong Islands. The ride is free, but absolutely poor organized. Altough there was no towel limitation at the pool. There was a towel limitation. One towel per person and this is ridiculous because you need the clean towels much more there as the towels become dirty with sand. In our group some people took extra towels and one couple was there without towels. We gave one of ours and the boat drove back to take towels. We had paid 585 Baht per lunch package. They put the lunch packages without any command at 12:00 noon on the tables under 35 degrees. Under such a heat already at 12:15 Tthe drinks were really warm. Imagine a warm Coal. To spend 4 hours at the Hong island was also not so interesting. With a private tail boat which costed 1500 Baht ( Same price as lunch packs & national park fees at Hong)for the whole day we went to Poda island and Red Stone island and it was much more interesting and large enough to see and snorkel.
3. I always use Sofitel Spa`s, but in Krabi the prices were ridiculous. 90 min. Thai massage is 3900 Baht in a land where it costs 400 to 1000 Baht at the luxury day spas and 250 to 400 Baht at the beaches. Even in TP it was 1200 Baht. As the previous reviewer stated it is really ridiculous. I wanted to use sauna. As I went to the fitness center I learned that I have to inform them before and they need 20 minutes to warm up the sauna. If they have this rule, why don`t they inform about it in their writen materials? I had to drive to Ao Nang to get Spa services.
4. Our bathroom was under water after getting shower. We informed the front desk and asked for maintenance before we left the hotel. As we came after 4 hours the bathroom was still under water! I had to make a scandal, bring front desk manager to the room to show him what was going on so that they did something about it. 5 star service??
5. This was the only hotel in our Thailand trip which charged for Internet. The internet prices were also ridiculous. I quess their strategy is to make low rates to attract clients and to earn money with in site services.
These are some examples altough we spent really minimum time at the hotel. We rent long tail boats from Jos and made great day tours around the islands. We ate outside almost every evening after awful Christmas Eve experience. We even didn`t have breakfast at the hotel. I quess it is a very good hotel for families with kids. Because it has huge kids swimming pool & play area, kids club etc. I would not recommend it as romantic hotel for couples. We will not go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort is renowned for its timeless elegance, luxurious rooms and suites, gourmet restaurants, outstanding facilities, and gracious Thai hospitality. Set in a lush tropical garden and just a few steps from the beach and Andaman Sea, the resort features a 7,000 sq.M. Lagoon-style pool, the largest swimming pool in Thailand. Guests can enjoy four restaurants serving Thai and international cuisines, a fully equipped fitness centre complete with steam room and sauna, So SPA with L'Occitane offering an extensive menu of rejuvenating spa treatments, and a Kid's Club. There is also an exclusive 9-hole golf course, and conference and meeting facilities and a unique 1,000 sq.M. Air-conditioned marquee for up to 950 persons. Designed to enhance the stay of every guest, our signature Leisure Butler service includes a VIP check-in and a personal assistant to arrange an unforgettable marriage proposal or special romantic moment, private dinner parties and celebrations, personalised excursions to nearby islands, and much more. Escape to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, a magnifique wedding, meeting or event in tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf And Spa Resort
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf Hotel Nong Thale
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort Thailand
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Hotel
- Krabi Sofitel